Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Space successions????

Joshh

Hi i have a lot of questions on "making the mars habitable". So i came up with a theory. It goes like this:

-Planets in our solar system were all from the sun. The fact that the sun releases energy enough to move particles around it, the chance of forming a big chunk of rock/asteroid is big but in a long time span. Then through the energy the sun gives and its gravity, that large piece of rock will orbit the sun and soon will change to a spherical shape. The fact that the planets gets bigger supports this statement. Then it is also a fact that anything in the universe is moving away from each other. Thus, the large rock will go away from the sun, it will then gain its own gravity as it gain more mass. And the process goes on and on. This is an evidence that mercury will soon to be venus, and venus will be the next earth, as the earth is exactly like venus when it is still forming. Then earth will become mars. Then it is also a fact that a more dense planet has stronger gravity. As the planets gain mass they gain more gravitational pull. Then they will reach the point that it can no longer hold the solid particles or rocks together, then the particles will depart from the planet is it goes away from the sun. Thus, there is what we call the asteroid belt. I suppose that the asteroids are the particles from the planet. The planet without its solid particles is now made up of gases and liquids. And it still has its large mass and strong gravity which will then make the planet smaller to fill the gap the solid particles left. Then with its gravity it may attract smaller rocks "floating" in the space which will be its "rings" like the saturn. It is now so far from the sun which makes their temperature intensely low. Then the gas planets mostly made of helium will condense becuase of pressure and low temperature. Because when helium is freezed it will change its state into liquid and solid. First it will change to liquid - neptune is mostly liquid. Then it goes on and on. As for pluto, i suppose it is not a planet that came from the sun, it may be just pulled by the gravity of other planets into its place.

I know is sounds weird and fiction, but it makes sense right? And what if it is true? That when time comes when earth is not capable of sustaining life, the venus is ready to take the role of earth in human life then the earth will lose its atmosphere and will become the next red planet. Thats all, thank you.

• Like 1

First off, welcome to UM...

I am not by any means a scientist, but I will take a crack at some of your statements and questions... If others have corrections on what I type please by all means correct me...

1. It is very likely that all the planets in our system were created out of the dust cloud that formed our sun... The planets were not formed BY the sun, but out of the same dust - at approximately the same time as the sun... There is a small likely-hood that a planet could have been a lone wanderer created elsewhere and eventually captured by the sun - but to the best of my understanding there is no proof - or even strong evidence for this...

2. The planets in our system formed from a huge cloud of dust - the particles colliding together, ever getting larger and as the object "grew" it attracted more dust and other clumps by its increased gravity... Once the dust cloud that the system was created from was used up, the planets could only grow appreciably by collisions with other planetoids, etc... Some of the moons may well have been formed this way - including our own... - So Planets do not keep growing at any appreciable rate (they still do get "small" amounts of dust, meteorites, etc but not enough to appreciably increase the planets mass...

3. Planets (and/or stars) do not get so large that "they can no longer hold solid particles or rocks together"... If anything, the more massive a body, the LESS likely it is to just "fall apart"... Before that would happen, the gravity would be so crushing that the object would collapse in on itself....

4. While it is apparently true that stars, and galaxies are moving away from each other, it's probably more accurate to state that the space between the stars, etc is expanding... The space between planets is small enough to have this expansion be negligible - easily countered by the gravity of the sun... Planets do not just "go off into space"... Something would have to force them out of orbit - such as a near pass from another star, etc...

5. Your comments about temperature cause me to respond with an interesting fact... It can always get hotter (i.e. there is no theoretical upper limit to temperatures that can be reached) but there IS an absolute lower limit... It is called Absolute zero and it is (to the best of my knowledge) impossible to get colder... It is not any colder on Pluto than it is around Neptune...

6. I seriously doubt that Venus will eventually turn into a temperate world - for many reasons... If anything the sun will get hotter, as will Venus - not cooler...

Again welcome to UM...

• Like 1

The various planets are thought to have formed from the solar nebula, the disc-shaped cloud of gas and dust left over from the Sun's formation. The currently accepted method by which the planets formed is accretion, in which the planets began as dust grains in orbit around the central protostar.

What you said is pretty much what science says if I understand you. Interesting new stuff here about gas planets.It is always good to think. I can't imagine why a planet would "throw off particles" of one substance and leave another like water.Clearly planets gain mass also from the numerous collisions.

New theoretical modeling by Carnegie's Alan Boss provides clues to how the gas giant planets in our solar system—Jupiter and Saturn—might have formed and evolved. New stars are surrounded by rotating gas disks during the early stages of their lives. Gas giant planets are thought to form in the presence of these disks.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Taun said:

First off, welcome to UM...

I am not by any means a scientist, but I will take a crack at some of your statements and questions... If others have corrections on what I type please by all means correct me...

Very well done, both the welcome and the explanation.

Joshh, not so much helium in the stellar gas cloud that formed the sun and planets, and I think all of the planets are still too warm for solid helium. (Somebody else can correct me on that)  Something else to think about, the Oort cloud of comets out beyond Pluto seems more of a spherical shell than a planar disk.  Comets sometimes come in at a large angle from the ecliptic.  In any case, I don;t think we are sure how far out the Oort cloud extends.  Anybody know? Does the Oort cloud of our star extend far enough to come into contact with the Oort clouds of our nearest neighbor stars?  Welcome to UM

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Very well done, both the welcome and the explanation.

Joshh, not so much helium in the stellar gas cloud that formed the sun and planets, and I think all of the planets are still too warm for solid helium. (Somebody else can correct me on that)  Something else to think about, the Oort cloud of comets out beyond Pluto seems more of a spherical shell than a planar disk.  Comets sometimes come in at a large angle from the ecliptic.  In any case, I don;t think we are sure how far out the Oort cloud extends.  Anybody know? Does the Oort cloud of our star extend far enough to come into contact with the Oort clouds of our nearest neighbor stars?  Welcome to UM

I had thought that the Oort cloud extended out about 1/3rd of a LY... But this wiki article says it may go out much further (yes, I know it's wiki - but I only did a quick search)....

(from wiki)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oort_cloud

The Oort cloud (/ˈɔːrt/ or /ˈʊərt/,[1] named after the Dutch astronomer Jan Oort), sometimes called the Öpik–Oort cloud,[2] is a theoretical cloud of predominantly icy planetesimals believed to surround the Sun to as far as somewhere between 50,000 and 200,000 AU (0.8 and 3.2 ly).[note 1][3] It is divided into two regions: a disc-shaped inner Oort cloud (or Hills cloud) and a spherical outer Oort cloud. Both regions lie beyond the heliosphere and in interstellar space.[3][4] The Kuiper belt and the scattered disc, the other two reservoirs of trans-Neptunian objects, are less than one thousandth as far from the Sun as the Oort cloud.

How far does it go out?... I guess that depends on who you talk to... If it goes out 3.2 LY it goes almost all the way to Proxima Centauri (~4.2 LY)... If Proxima has an Oort cloud (no reason to think it doesn't) then the two may well intertwine - that could get interesting - gravitationally speaking...

What is this so called planetary 'dust' people are mentioning made from?