Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump weighing military options in Syria

Claire.

2 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

And do you really think that victory in Afghanistan would have been enough to prevent the collapse of the USSR at the end of the 80s?

It was Gorbachov, not any economic, or political, reason for the fall of the USSR and breakup of the the Eastern Bloc. A different leader might have held it together and kept the USSR going. Imagine if Putin was leader then rather then Gorby? Would the USSR have broken up?

Victory in Afghanistan would certainly have prevented a sense of defeat in the USSR during that time period, which, along with Gorby handing out flowers and rainbows, caused the Eastern European countries to start thinking of independence.

2 hours ago, Yamato said:

Indeed.  Putin is no angel, which hardly places him in exclusive company in the world, Frank.

Making Russia the devil in the world is probably even less popular politically than all the crap I believe in, so I have to give it up to Frank for that.  But his hatred of Russia doesn't stem from his hatred of Communism in Vietnam for God sakes.  It stems from the Zionist mission of making Iran the devil. 

and then and RavenHawk would be two of the biggest experts here in that game.   I would be amiss not to honor DieChecker, who could make a West Bank Settler blush.   A million other players in the game, followers of the narratives who don't approach every group of people with the question:  How would I want to be treated if I were them?

How would I want to be treated if I were a Russian?  An Iranian?   A Palestinian?    I'm a Catholic Ukrainian who's grown quite agnostic.  But I never think what's best for whites, catholics and Ukrainians.   I think what Russia does to Ukraine is wrong without getting into the details.  But I still don't have it in for Russia because I don't take the "enemies" prescription that some posters are trying so hard to sell others on.

Ah, everyone's hero, but no ones hero. Supporting all lost causes, but never what has to be done for practical purposes. Always willing to see the glass as one tenth full, rather then almost empty. Willing to support the one in a hundred chance of righteousness, rather then agree with the herd. 

You just keep being you Yamato.... B)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

It dem Russkies! 

I thought there was only one "s" in Ruskies? Maybe that's just the American spelling??

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yamato said:

Yes, in Merc's case he wouldn't go within 10 miles of me all these years because he knew better.   Now that he perceives this weakness or vulnerability in me, under the auspices of something DarkHunter said about Chemistry that proved me wrong about something, he has a renewed sense of confidence now and I'm off "Ignore" and he's going to try again.   And what that means to me is, I get exactly what I've wanted for years.  I finally found bait that works.  :D

No actually it is because I end up in these endless BS arguments with a certifibale lunatic.

His sphere of information must be the operational range of an F-14A Tomcat on a Nimitz class aircraft carrier in the fall of 1983 because the USS Eisenhower was in the E. Med for three months therefore he's more knowledgeable about the peoples of the Middle East than we are because he was there in the mid-80s.  RavenHawk knows everything about Islam because he listens to the most extreme Zionists on the planet and if that's not bad enough, you get former terrorists like Shoebat.   A lot of his language is pulled right off the pages of former-terrorist Shoebat's material. 

I believe in '83 the Ike was engaged in Lebanon but I was still in training you jealous little boy.y.  

What I'd be most curious about is redundant IP addresses and how many of these usernames are the same people.   There might just be a passing similarity for instance, between "DarkHunter" and "RavenHawk", however, it might be more than just a passing similarity.

DH AND RH both embarrassed you many times over but stupidly you keep charing back in.  

7 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Everytime you post this absurdity, people are laughing at you.  The fact you don't know why is what is so amusing.

I am wondering about your sanity yammie.  If you were prescribed meds you should be taking them no matter how bad they make you feel.  

:D My god, you seem to have an impressive talent for projecting your own attributes unto others. You are the one people - including but undoubtedly not limited to this one - are laughing at, Merc. Your unsurpassed arrogant, insultuous content; your continuous one sided agressive barrages at anyone who doesnt agree with your position.. Althewhile supposing, arrogantly, you are 'winning'. Its priceless.

1 hour ago, Phaeton80 said:

:D My god, you seem to have an impressive talent for projecting your own attributes unto others. You are the one people - including but undoubtedly not limited to this one - are laughing at, Merc. Your unsurpassed arrogant, insultuous content; your continuous one sided agressive barrages at anyone who doesnt agree with your position.. Althewhile supposing, arrogantly, you are 'winning'. Its priceless.

WTF is "insultuous content"?  Are you making words up now?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Ah, everyone's hero, but no ones hero. Supporting all lost causes, but never what has to be done for practical purposes. Always willing to see the glass as one tenth full, rather then almost empty. Willing to support the one in a hundred chance of righteousness, rather then agree with the herd. 

You just keep being you Yamato.... B)

Well whatever I am, the "enemies" are still highly profitable.

Now we have an illegal attack on Syria and $110B in arms sales to Saudi Arabia.   

So I should have added that "friends" are profitable too.   

It's one big racket when the govt writes the contracts to the defense companies through the taxpayers.   Like Rand Paul said on the Foreign Policy thread, those are OUR weapons.  Since as a population we're too scared to talk about foreign policy in a place where topic police have no power to stop it, there's nothing but crickets.   I have to send Hallmark cards with VIP invitations so the usual suspects feel better about their prospects.  

Surely Hillary Clinton has wrinkles, or Emails, Donald Trump's hand got slapped down by Melania again, Obama got all figyerred out by the Birthers....you know, really really important things that shape and define our nation.

10 hours ago, Merc14 said:

No actually it is because I end up in these endless BS arguments with a certifibale lunatic.

I believe in '83 the Ike was engaged in Lebanon but I was still in training you jealous little boy.y.  

DH AND RH both embarrassed you many times over but stupidly you keep charing back in.  

If you were still in training then you'd be out of training in the "mid 80s" and nowhere near the E. Med Sea.  

DH and RH both think that if they reply with 12 paragraph essays they win an argument.   I just like making them flail about, it reminds me of girl fights on the playground in the 7th grade.   It's sad if anyone bought the "chemistry" that DH was selling because it was false and irrelevant.   But it's exactly the same dynamic that RavenHawk uses with Islam.   He thinks if he can add a few nuggets of truth to mix into his mountain of bologna and spend enough time and effort and word count, he can fool people and unfortunately, I see other posters like you, and he's right.  He's smart enough to fool some people.   These are people who repetition works on also.   Who was it that said it's a lot easier to believe a lie you've heard a thousand times than the truth you've never heard before?

As for the Syria Sarin story, I don't know what's left to mop up here where DH is concerned.   Soapy water on a liquid spill is a centaur riding a unicorn because neither of these two things are in evidence in reality.

Meanwhile this is the thread to discuss the Syria Sarin story and also where my alleged "errors" will probably be found.     So I'm ever willing to discuss any errors I might have made because I don't want to be in error.  

But what I'm not going to do (or attempt not to do) is let people making political arguments masquerading as chemistry arguments make me, or hopefully anyone else, erroneously make the wrong conclusion.

Giving babies an antidote would actually be relevant to what to do in the case of a sarin gas attack, now then, where are those videos?   

If we're expected to accept videos as evidence, then it's reasonable to ask for them.

3 hours ago, Yamato said:

If you were still in training then you'd be out of training in the "mid 80s" and nowhere near the E. Med Sea.  

What do you know about Naval aviation training yammie?  

DH and RH both think that if they reply with 12 paragraph essays they win an argument.   I just like making them flail about, it reminds me of girl fights on the playground in the 7th grade.   It's sad if anyone bought the "chemistry" that DH was selling because it was false and irrelevant.   But it's exactly the same dynamic that RavenHawk uses with Islam.   He thinks if he can add a few nuggets of truth to mix into his mountain of bologna and spend enough time and effort and word count, he can fool people and unfortunately, I see other posters like you, and he's right.  He's smart enough to fool some people.   These are people who repetition works on also.   Who was it that said it's a lot easier to believe a lie you've heard a thousand times than the truth you've never heard before?

Oh good lord this is embarrassing. 

As for the Syria Sarin story, I don't know what's left to mop up here where DH is concerned.   Soapy water on a liquid spill is a centaur riding a unicorn because neither of these two things are in evidence in reality.

I think you are certifiable  Seek help.   

I'll just wait for more on the UN investigation, rather then jumping to conclusions based on speculations.

• Like 1

On 2017-5-27 at 2:55 PM, DieChecker said:

I'll just wait for more on the UN investigation, rather then jumping to conclusions based on speculations.

Yep, that's a sensible call.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

After months of waiting, it has finally been confirmed that Syrian Government forces did use Sarin on the town of Khan Sheikhun, killing more than 80 innocent civilians including children in April.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/06/syrian-regime-dropped-sarin-on-rebel-held-town-in-april-un-confirms

Syrian forces have used chemical weapons more than two-dozen times during the country’s civil war, including in the deadly attack that led to US airstrikes, UN war crimes investigators said on Wednesday.

In the most conclusive findings to date from investigations into chemical weapons attacks during the conflict, the UN commission of inquiry on Syria said a government warplane dropped sarin on Khan Sheikhun in April, killing more than 80 civilians

• Like 1

problem is - nothing has been proved and the UN can't really be trusted in these matters -

the fact remains that Assad had nothing to gain and everything to loose by doing what he is accused of doing -

so why would he ..?

Common sense says he wouldn't - and that the propaganda machine against him was just going into overdrive -

IMO :) 

Well, I trust the UN's confirmed findings, rather than I would trust Assad bee. Also, as far as I'm aware, there hasn't been any recent reports of chemical attacks where civilians live since the Trump missile strikes. IMO that may speak for itself, especially since the Assad regime has been known to use chemicals many times before. 

• Like 2

The UN  commission on Syria is actually part of the UN Human Rights council. With that in mind, I'm amazed that they haven't found a way to blame it all on Israel yet. (they usually do )

16 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

The UN  commission on Syria is actually part of the UN Human Rights council. With that in mind, I'm amazed that they haven't found a way to blame it all on Israel yet. (they usually do )

Considering that Bibi has been practically ordering Putin to look the other way so that he can bomb Assad's palace, I think you'd have to be incredibly naive or fanatically pro-Israel (which may or may not amount to the same thing) not to think that Israel is deeply, deeply involved and more than probably has been all along. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Considering that Bibi has been practically ordering Putin to look the other way so that he can bomb Assad's palace, I think you'd have to be incredibly naive or fanatically pro-Israel (which may or may not amount to the same thing) not to think that Israel is deeply, deeply involved and more than probably has been all along. 

Yeah, along with controlling the US Media, controlling Congress,  and kidnapping Christian babies to drink their blood :P 

I believe the actual on-the-ground nitty-gritty of the Israeli involvement in the outset of the civil war was sub-contracted to the Alien Purple Shapeshifting Lizards ? :rofl:

Meanwhile, one of the UN commissionaires - Carla Del Ponte - resigned a few weeks ago, citing frustration with the lack of progress in finding a way to blame Israel  prosecuting war crimes.

Edited by RoofGardener