Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blair Witch?

TigerMeanie

After seeing the film afew years ago i looked around the web to see if it is actually true. Some of the stuff seemed convincing but is it really true???????? wink.gif

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dowdy

• Loonboy

• schadeaux

• TigerMeanie

It was a complete work of fiction. All three are all alive and well.

Funny you should mention it though, I recall reading an article back in the day where Michael Williams (who plays Michael) had trouble with too many people thinking he died.

... and the actress who played the girl in it, Heather I think, has recently been seen in

Spielberg's 'Taken'... so she can't be too dead...

cool.gif

I'm surprised she doesn't have a lot more roles,

seeing as she's a very convincing actress.

Huhuh...especially the scene with her nooze pouring some strange material... laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

...she should have received an Oscar for it! laugh.gif

But wasnt they playing the parts of those who went missing?????? wacko.gif

when the film came out (the first one), it was publicized that it was real to get people to go and see it, it then came out that all the material had been fabricated to help the film attract an audience.

I hate that movie I hope I never see it again . Darn you all I was just getting back to being able to sleep without a night light . wink.gif

I own the first Blair Witch, I like it, but the second one really stank!! Wasnt worth renting. YUCK!!

The first one would make a great X-File plot; Mulder and Scully investigating what happened to three college students gone missing on a research trip. Mulder would be all over it.

Otherwise, it would probably do better at some underground film-noir festival. I think most people went to see it just to convince themselves if it was true or not. In this the film did great. Even after seeing it some people still were not sure.

I own the first one, too blush.gif , but never seen the second.

whats the website where it tells that it was fake bucause i thought it was true......

could you show me the website where you heard that it was fake (if you can, can you find a site that has pictures of them alive today)

Awww cummon Dowdy... the producers/directors have even been on television speaking about how they did it and why....

Get with the programme. Go to the 'Taken' website and see 'Heather' real and in the

flesh in that series...

Well I live in Australia and we don't get to see much mystery programs on free to air TV. The only show I saw promoting the film was the documentry 'curse of the blair witch', so that's why i'm so skeptical.

I bought the DVD special edition of the Blair Witch yesterday. It has alot of features on it, including the documentry but I have to return it today because the special features option on the DVD doesn't even work!!! I tell you if i'm convinced when i get it working

• 2 weeks later...

well, after returning the movie twice and getting my money back twice i bought it again for the third time. I tried to access the special again and the same thing happened. While i was playing with the remote, i just pressed the number buttons and i got the special features working. YAY!!!!! I found out that, like a movie, the special features were broken down into chapters aswell ie. the documentry curse of the blair witch was chapter 2. So if anyone else has the same problem as i did, just press the number buttons.

Anyways........

I looked at the production notes and the character bios, and guess what, it's f*#!en FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so disapointed because i liked that movie because i thought it was real. Now that it's FAKE, it's just a cheap B Grade horror movie.

Atleast the legend is real....i think

Apparently, the movie was filmed in real time and they had a bloody GPS with them (those frauds!). They didn't even pay the people they interviewed in the town

Now i just watch the film for the documentry, because it mainly tells about the legend and only a bit is about the movie.

Plz no one tell me that the legend is fake aswell because then the DVD will just be collecting dust

The only show I saw promoting the film was the documentry 'curse of the blair witch', so that's why i'm so skeptical.

*lol* Dowdy, I hope you mean gullible. rolleyes.gif

Snopes.com gives the straight dope on the matter HERE. Other FAQ's concerning the Blair Witch can be found on the Burkittsville website HERE, but I'd recommend you lower your speaker volume first. wink.gifDon't say I didn't warn you. tongue.gif

OH GREAT!!!!

NOW THE LEGEND ISN'T EVEN TRUE mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

well, i guess it's just a dust collector now......

I still think it was a good movie. sad.gif

'Course I have a bunch of Mr. Bean tapes, too... He's cool biggrin.gif

I don't think the fact that it isn't genuine should stop you from enjoying what is still a very unique and entertaining film.

smile.gif

there was a documentry on tv about "the real blair witch". supposedly this woman god mixed up with these people who supposedly decited to tie her up an bury her alive in the same woods. she went to court after the let her out and won the case i think

The music from the Burkitsville site 0wNz. Ah... the good old days of playing Accolde games with MIDI music. Just makes me want to shed a tear...

The stuff near the bottom of the page is interesting though. If you listen to the directors offering their commentary on the DVD, they point out a couple of things that are inaccurate with their timeline. They show the actors buying a certian type of PowerBar (I think) that was not sold at that date and a make of car that is from a couple years after the footage was apparently to have been shot.