Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

North Korea says prepare for 'big' event

seeder

Foreign journalists in North Korea told to prepare for 'big' event

Foreign journalists visiting North Korea have been told to prepare for a "big and important event" on Thursday, although there were no indications it was directly linked to tensions in the region over the isolated state's nuclear weapons program.

Around 200 foreign journalists are in Pyongyang as the country marks the 105th birth anniversary of its founding president Kim Il Sung on April 15, North Korea's biggest national day called "Day of the Sun".

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-event-idUSKBN17E2CT

• Like 2

North Korea warns of nuclear strike if provoked; Trump 'armada' steams on

North Korean state media warned on Tuesday of a nuclear attack on the United States at any sign of American aggression, as a U.S. Navy strike group steamed toward the western Pacific - a force U.S. President Donald Trump described as an "armada".

Trump, who has urged China to do more to rein in its impoverished ally and neighbor, said in a tweet that North Korea was "looking for trouble" and the United States would "solve the problem" with or without Beijing's help.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-nuclear-idUSKBN17D0A4

Kim Jong-Un ‘orders IMMEDIATE EVACUATION of Pyongyang’ as tensions with US escalate

NORTH Korea leader Kim Jong-un has reportedly ordered residents of the country’s capital Pyongyang to leave the city immediately, sparking fears he may be preparing for war.

Reports in Russian newspaper Pravda Report claim more than 600,000 people - around 25 per cent of the city’s population - are being urgently evacuated, as tensions escalate between North Korea and the United States.

According to South Korean media, residents in the kingdom have said goodbye to each other, sparking concerns the tyrannical leader could be about to act after months of nuclear weapon testing.

Foreign reporters have been told to prepare for a “big and important event" on North Korea's biggest national celebration, called ‘Day of the Sun’.

http://www.crisisforums.org/discussion/50412/kim-jong-un-orders-immediate-evacuation-of-pyongyang-as-tensions-with-us-escalate

4 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Nothing at the Korea Times.... http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www2/index.asp

Nothing at China Daily... http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/

Nothing at Russia Today.... https://www.rt.com/news/

Yes there is, try this

https://www.nknews.org/2017/04/foreign-journalists-in-n-korea-told-to-be-ready-for-big-event/

1 minute ago, seeder said:

"Be ready for big event"

From Reuters....

"Foreign journalists visiting North Korea have been told to prepare for a "big and important event" on Thursday, although there were no indications it was directly linked to tensions in the region over the isolated state's nuclear weapons program.

Around 200 foreign journalists are in Pyongyang as the country marks the 105th birth anniversary of its founding president Kim Il Sung on April 15, North Korea's biggest national day called "Day of the Sun".

Officials gave no details as to the nature of the event or where it would take place, and similar announcements in the past have been linked to relatively low-key set pieces.

In 2016, for example, foreign journalists underwent hours of investigation by North Korean officials ahead of what turned out to be a pop concert to mark the finale of a ruling Workers' Party congress."

• Like 4

North Korea Said To Be Preparing Nuclear Device Detonation; Test Site Is "Primed And Ready"

In a striking development involving the rapidly changing North Korean geopolitical situation, moments ago Voice of America reporter Steve Herman stated that according to US government and other sources, North Korea has "apparently placed a nuclear device in a tunnel and it could be detonated Saturday AM Korea time."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-12/north-korea-said-have-placed-nuclear-device-tunnel-could-be-detonated-satuday-mornin

• Like 2

Of course it can all just be hysterical reporting.....and empty threats

But.... US ships are  there by now......Lil Kim must be pooping himself.....and China has blocked the border with Nth Korea and sent thousands of troops

China 'deploys 150,000 troops to deal with possible North Korean refugees over fears Trump may strike Kim Jong-un following missile attack on Syria'

Trump's Syria strike Friday was widely interpreted as a warning to North Korea
    China, which was left shocked by the air strikes, has deployed medical and backup units from the People's Liberation Army forces to the Yalu River
    The troops have been dispatched to prepare for pre-emptive attacks by the US
    The US Navy has moved the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier strike group from Singapore to North Korea after the country conducted more missile testing

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4399076/China-deploys-150-000-troops-North-Korea-border.html#ixzz4e5CRjmQg

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

so China is taking it serious enough to block the borders?  Maybe they REALLY believe Trump will do something

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

It feels to me like a kind of 'face off' as who is going to shoot first.

As we all know...Porky Kim has wanted a war with the US, including other countries for a long time.

Sometimes tho - one has to be careful what they wish for, because this fanatic will certainly come out second best if things should escalate.

• Like 7

Seeing DPRK roll something into a tunnel is definitely an issue, especially so close to this date. 

It will be interesting and scary to see what DPRK demonstrate. 

THAAD does need to be there IMO. North Korea won't get less crazy unless the whole regime gets cut off at the head. Japan and South Korea need THAAD there, for now at least. 

• Like 1

China Warns North Korea Situation Has Hit "Tipping Point", Threatens "Never Before Seen" Measures

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-12/china-threatens-north-korea-never-seen-measures-if-they-dont-de-escalate

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, seeder said:

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un 'desperate,' ready to strike US, defector says

That is pretty much what the defectors always say.  I don't have any notion what might be in his mind, but if he is going to do it he might as well get it over with.  

I do think Trump sending those ships up there was an error -- now they sail around awhile but do nothing -- making Trump's weak position obvious to the world.  What excuse will he have when he sends them home?  It will be expensive to keep them up there forever, but then Trump doesn't seem to mind spending money -- he has already tripled all other Presidents when it comes to personal travel and recreation.

It would be neat if Mr. Kim lobbed a missile at them.  Neat I guess for us but I feel sorry for the North Korean general population, which would be significantly decreased.

Now were he to use a nuclear weapon (one supposes he has a few on hand), it would be against Seoul and might well seriously damage the city.  I wonder what would happen then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Astra. said:

It feels to me like a kind of 'face off' as who is going to shoot first.

As we all know...Porky Kim has wanted a war with the US, including other countries for a long time.

Sometimes tho - one has to be careful what they wish for, because this fanatic will certainly come out second best if things should escalate.

Well Porky just might get one with the Don. Me I'd rather a Korean BBQ face off and the winner takes all. My money's on Porky. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Well Porky just might get one with the Don. Me I'd rather a Korean BBQ face off and the winner takes all. My money's on Porky. 

I know what we're like here on UM, but I don't think we should speak about this too loosely.

The people are executed/starved/tortured/put in prison camps/sentenced to hard labour until they die and worse etc. The general population on North Korea is who we should be worrying about. Try to escape and your whole family may be killed. 

I wish that there was a quick and easy way to liberate the people.

Yes it's a big deal at this time, and Trump fronting up to DPRK, with China also on the side, is a big issue. But observing what's happening shouldn't be a novelty to anyone.

• Like 3

In a standard war without nuclear weapons, North Korea would be overrun in weeks.  I dunno what happens if nuclear weapons get involved -- more than likely North Korea ceases to exist.

• Like 4

NORTH Korea leader Kim Jong-un  would be a fool to think the U.S.  would `nt hesitate to  shoot down any more missiles coming out of that state. Just hope for the world  they are not  nuclear  missiles

6 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

In a standard war without nuclear weapons, North Korea would be overrun in weeks.  I dunno what happens if nuclear weapons get involved -- more than likely North Korea ceases to exist.

THAAD should be able to prevent any real threat exiting their airspace, so I don't really think nuclear is a serious threat, even if they have the capabilities. The system is amazing and currently has 100% success rate.

Weeks would be a good outcome, but just think of all the brainwashed people. How many would be killed because they are fighting for a leader that they have been brainwashed to follow. 

I cant see a good outcome in any stretch of the word.

• Like 2

I have read some pretty credible indepentant sites and this is a threat imo. However i think NK is more bark than bite.

• Like 3

IF any of that is true, could be someone's number is up but what to do with that many zombies/brainwashed and probably hungry in a few months after summer if things get worse?!!?! 

I kind of doubt China has compassion with huge open arms and all that -- taking great care of their children masses.

Edited by MWoo7

5 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

THAAD should be able to prevent any real threat exiting their airspace,

North Korea's hidden submarine threat is another worry as regime warns it's 'ready' for war

The chilling thought of North Korea's fully submersible submarines firing a nuclear ballistic missile isn't as far-fetched as some might think.
    The submarine threat adds to growing fears in the region as North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's nuclear weapons ambitions show no signs of slowing.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/12/north-korea-submarine-threat-is-another-worry.html

If NK has balistic nukes thadd should work, I hate to say it but should work.  If they fire one and THADD takes it out it would meen an emp pulse. Depending on how fast they can entercept, this is still  a threat.

Edited by The Silver Thong
  • Like 1