Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Parallel Forest: Boarman?

AlanCNis

Has anyone here heard of the Boarman? There's been a lot more talk than usual about him around Lawton, OK. Wondering if he was the cause of the terror my cousin and I felt at the Parallel forest a few years back...

One time my cousin, who I hadn’t seen in years, was visiting from Atlanta and we wanted play in the woods like we did when we were kids. So we decided to drive around the Wichita Mountains, which wasn’t too far from where I lived, to see what trails we could find. We took a few walks and explored the area, then stopped for lunch at the Meers restaurant. Afterwards we accidentally when the wrong way and ended up turning around at what ended up being the Parallel Forest. I had never been there and didn’t know it existed, so we were exited to find the exact type of place for a leisurely hike on a beautiful day. We parked and ventured into the wooded area and it was pretty cool to be in a place with Kieth that was so similar to the woods that we explored as kids. As we wandered through the various trails, we kept noticing this screeching or screaming sound and when it began to get louder, we finally stopped to hear it better. We didn’t hear it again the first time we stopped, so we kept on and just assumed it was teenagers or something. A little while later, we emerged from the woods and happened upon a creek that was so pretty that we decided to stop and hang out there and catch each other up on our lives. There was that sound again. It was mostly amusing, just because we couldn’t figure out what it was but it kept getting louder. Neither of us are the type to get easily spooked, but neither of us had ever heard this sound before. As we were looking around, we realized that the nice day had begun to fade into a cloudy, windy early evening, so we decided it was time to start heading back to the car. Once we hopped a couple of the boulders in the creek and got back to the trail, we noticed a rock formation that seemed old and manmade. As we paused to study it and tried to figure out what it possibly could have been used for, we heard the screech again—loud— but this time it was just on the other side of the formation. We both peered into the trees on the other side in the direction of the sound. Because it was getting dark, it was difficult to see, but I saw a tall, wide shadow move from one tree to the other and then heard what sounded like a low growl. Silently, we both immediately turned and started fast walking towards the car. There was the sound again, no footsteps, just the sound and it seemed to be following us. Our Brisk walk turned into a jog, then into a full on sprint as the sound got louder and closer.  We jumped into the car as fast as we could and took off the hell out of there. On the way home, and still to this day, we cannot explain what we heard or saw. It wasn’t an animal. It didn’t make sounds that humans make. I will never, ever go back there again in my life. I honestly thought we might die. It was terrifying. 

Alan

• Like 1

I'm sorry that you and your cousin experienced something so terrifying out in nature. I love nature hikes also but, have only had experiences with poisonous snakes and one strange man who started chasing me when I was 15. Boarman is something that I would Never believe unless I personally saw it. Have you ever considered that it could've been what's commonly referredto as a Bigfoot? You may have entered into one or more's territory. They were finally identified as a hominid in the 1990's when DNA was analyzed by a German female scientist who was asked to analyze a red hair found on a tree branch. Unfortunately,  most scientists have discounted this because many of them have large egos and they weren't the ones who analised it. She said that she had determined it to be man's closest relative and to kill one would be murder! It was most likely trying to scare you away from it's family and territory. Strange though, that it was called The Parallel Forest! Lol!

Edited by Sherry Gibson
Misspelling
  • Like 2

Thanks, Sherry. I appreciate your input. I normally don't consider myself a believer in the supernatural or cryptids, but there's just too much going on here to be dismissed. There are too many people that I know well and trust as objective, critical thinkers who have reported similar experiences--only, theirs are more specific than mine. They believe they were witness to the actual Boarman, and I'm trying to wrap my brain around that. True, it could have been a bigfoot, if it exists, but every report seems to include references to tusks and boar sounds. Who knows...

• Like 1

I've heard of Man-Bear-Pig, but not the Boar Man.

• Like 3

omg, that sounds so scary but similar to what I saw years ago on a school field trip!!

• Like 1

sorry, I was busy--LOL--I'll go more in depth now. so years ago my hs went on a trip to the wichita mountains for a geology field trip. we got to search all the rocks and the terrain, and just generally have a good time. it was more like a trip that our teacher just wanted to take so he wouldn't have to teach lmao, he was the volleyball coach soo..
anyway, we went to visit this forest that I am assuming is the Parallel Forest because of the creepy ass trees standing in rows. there are lots of longhorns and bison in the area, and we disregarded all the hoof print noises and grunts. however, when we split up, i was with my friend who we will call Stella. Stella and I were just exploring and messing around, cracking jokes about the class and all. however, we began hearing grunts and strange noises. we were worried it was an angry bull, but there was no animal around. It sounded like the noises were coming from all around us, like behind, above, in front, right in our ears, and also distant. it was so strange, I thought I was hallucinating until Stella mentioned she was hearing things too. we walked very quickly out of the forest since it was still bright out and we didn't want to startle any animal around us, but it was still scary as hell. to this day i've never heard anything like it, it was if someone was watching us. its exactly like you said, it didn't have the sound of a human or an animal. 
I'm both relieved and terrified someone else experienced it--at least I'm not crazy, but on the other hand it just proves theres something on the loose!! I'm never going back there again!

• Like 1

Omg I can't believe someone else had an experience like mine, I thought I was going crazy. I actually just posted a story about this too. I would of thought it was just a bigfoot sighting if it wasn't for the horns and boar screams.

• Like 1

its definitely not bigfoot this thing has a pig face and sqeals! my dad said his friend hunted for him once and he shot him it and it like shrunk down to a  boar when he came to show people

• Like 1

It seems like there are more and more people coming forward these days with their experiences. Does anyone if anyone has seen him this year?

• 2 weeks later...

i haven't heard about any sightings this year? but my dad and his friends kind of hunt for that stuff and were planning on going back out again, but if it shrinks down or whatever they can get in a lot of trouble for hunting on a refuge, they got in lots of **** last time for it