Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Virgin Mary statue 'cries tears of blood'

UM-Bot

Ridiculous! Who can believe such utter nonsense? And if a statute all of a sudden starts spewing out blood and there is no tube supplying it then it's probably not the Virgin Mary but something nefarious. 

How can the world of man go ahead when the majority of people are atavistic, culturally corrupt and utterly stupid? Stories like this make me want to go down there and take an axe to the stupid plastic doll.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Nzo said:

Ridiculous! Who can believe such utter nonsense? And if a statute all of a sudden starts spewing out blood and there is no tube supplying it then it's probably not the Virgin Mary but something nefarious. 

How can the world of man go ahead when the majority of people are atavistic, culturally corrupt and utterly stupid? Stories like this make me want to go down there and take an axe to the stupid plastic doll.

Yes, really an enlightened reply. 

• Like 4

10313949_1015661145128966_620078282194375756_n.jpg

• Like 4

I agree with Nzo. However if you live in a society that probably largely "uneducated" (meaning nothing beyond grade school) and ruled by magical thinking and not taught to question anything especially if it comes from a church or priest then it should not come as a surprise that people are so ruled, controlled and manipulated by religion will believe whatever they see or hear.

Sadly there are many hoaxes being perpetrated on the gullible masses, usually done by priests, in order to keep them shackled to the church. Set up a statue, treat it with a chemical that turns red and seeps in certain conditions and people will bow and cower.

Not any different than the manipulative tactics done by people in "authority" here in the states. As long as people refuse to question and keep falling for these ploys then it will keep occurring thus nothing will change.

• Like 5

It's really hard to watch these people crying over a plastic doll someone has obviously smeared something red on. Shame on them for doing this to people over 5 minutes of fame. I'll bet their donations have increased.

Edited by ChaosRose

My friends daughter has one of these dolls...but it wets itself.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nzo said:

I have to agree. Why would it be a "miracle?" Why is it wondrous to make a plastic doll's eyes bleed?

Talk to me when all of a sudden, no one is starving to death, no one is dying of horrible diseases, and there is no more war.

That will be a miracle. Something that gets a bunch of poorly educated people to carry around a plastic doll and cry and cross themselves over it...this does not seem like the work of a higher power to me. Maybe a trickster god. 

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I have to agree. Why would it be a "miracle?" Why is it wondrous to make a plastic doll's eyes bleed?

Talk to me when all of a sudden, no one is starving to death, no one is dying of horrible diseases, and there is no more war.

That will be a miracle. Something that gets a bunch of poorly educated people to carry around a plastic doll and cry and cross themselves over it...this does not seem like the work of a higher power to me. Maybe a trickster god. 

:tu:good post.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

alk to me when all of a sudden, no one is starving to death, no one is dying of horrible diseases, and there is no more war.

That will be a miracle.

Why are there not a lot of the Benny Hinns there?  Not enough Leer Jet money?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Nzo said:

Those people are doing this out of love, and you are writing this out of what?? hate?  So when taking your question, "how the world of man can go ahead" when people have so much hate.

• Like 1

That brings back memories. Virgin Mary statues always creep me out a bit, most depictions of saints actually, but she and martyrs especially. When I was a kid growing up in a Catholic household my grandmother had a whole house shrine thing filled with them; the Virgin, Jesus with blood streaming down his hands, St, Sebastian writhing in agony, with arrows sticking out of his body. And our local church had a gigantic painting of Judith smiling serenely as she beheaded Holofernes (I refused to go to church because of that painting) My grandma also taught me some creepy nursery rhyme about St. Catherine that described her martyrdom in detail, with a "baby angel" rising from her spilled blood. I don't think songs about executions by wheel are appropriate for children...

Of course this is either a hoax or a natural phenomena and that if the divine wanted to give us a message it wouldn't use a tacky plastic statuette to do so.

Also, why doesn't the woman who owns the statue have any teeth?

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 1

so god made this statue that looks like a human, cry

perhaps the statue is crying because of the bacteria that eat the eyes of actual humans... who can't cry anymore.

the bacteria which were made by the god who allowed the statue to cry.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

16 hours ago, XenoFish said:

:tu:good post.

Well, not really. 

From a Catholic point of view, miracles don't happen to solve man's problems, but to foster his faith. 

It's up to humankind to solve its own problems. 

Just to clarify, I'm applying Church's internal logic here, not my point of view. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Parsec said:

Well, not really. 

From a Catholic point of view, miracles don't happen to solve man's problems, but to foster his faith. 

Just to clarify, I'm applying Church's internal logic here, not my point of view. 

So it's just to stroke god's own ego. Some god. :rolleyes:

• Like 5

Sounds diabolical to me. Worshiping idols is against one of the ten commandments. The devil is having a kick out of this.

Just now, Trenix said:

Sounds diabolical to me. Worshiping idols is against one of the ten commandments. The devil is having a kick out of this.

Again, not really. 

The Catholic interpretation is not literal as of others. That's one of the reasons why for instance there was the scism between the Catholic church and the Byzantine (orthodox) church. 

23 hours ago, Ryu said:

I agree with Nzo. However if you live in a society that probably largely "uneducated" (meaning nothing beyond grade school) and ruled by magical thinking and not taught to question anything especially if it comes from a church or priest then it should not come as a surprise that people are so ruled, controlled and manipulated by religion will believe whatever they see or hear.

Sadly there are many hoaxes being perpetrated on the gullible masses, usually done by priests, in order to keep them shackled to the church. Set up a statue, treat it with a chemical that turns red and seeps in certain conditions and people will bow and cower.

Not any different than the manipulative tactics done by people in "authority" here in the states. As long as people refuse to question and keep falling for these ploys then it will keep occurring thus nothing will change.

Except, in this case the priest wants to send it to the Vatican to test it.  So, let's not blame the priest in this case.

23 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

It's really hard to watch these people crying over a plastic doll someone has obviously smeared something red on. Shame on them for doing this to people over 5 minutes of fame. I'll bet their donations have increased.

Again, did you read the article? The priest wants to send it to the Vatican to be tested. It's not the priest.

5 hours ago, Parsec said:

Well, not really. 

I don't see what good can come from getting people to cry and bless themselves over a plastic doll. If it's to foster faith, then those people now have faith in the plastic doll. And it's obviously not bleeding, so they're lying. This only works if you're an ends justify the means person, and the end you're trying to get at is idolization and adoration of a plastic doll. 

1 hour ago, MJNYC said:

Except, in this case the priest wants to send it to the Vatican to test it.  So, let's not blame the priest in this case.

Probably just something he's saying to the flock.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, deusex said:

Those people are doing this out of love, and you are writing this out of what?? hate?  So when taking your question, "how the world of man can go ahead" when people have so much hate.

Who is doing what out of love? Is the priest lying and using trickery on his flock out of love? And how would you know that? Maybe he's doing it because the collection plate has been light lately.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, deusex said:

Haha love.. yeah love for their superstitious fantasy.

• Like 2