Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tell me it ain't so

Frank Merton

Someone tell me it ain't so that Trump actually called Mubarak to congratulate him on his successful destruction of Turkey's democracy and his becoming dictator?  Does this indicate Trump's plans?

• Like 3

This happens just after earlier today talking about fears of becoming senile!

• Like 5

I am just wondering if it's the secret service playing "Messing with President". You know " Kevin you go tell him buddy won the Turkey election. Bob set up the board for the pool, set it for 2 to 7 days for an apology to the American people".

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

Someone tell me it ain't so that Trump actually called Mubarak to congratulate him on his successful destruction of Turkey's democracy and his becoming dictator?  Does this indicate Trump's plans?

What was I talking about? Trump has a weaknes towards hardline "presidents".

Any room for me left on the ship to Mars? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, odas said:

Any room for me left on the ship to Mars? 

We just have to re-accommodate another passenger.

• Like 5

Trump has become a success by knowing how to deal with people.  I doubt that he is happy that Turkey is on the path it seems to be but what was he going to do?  Refuse to speak?  Call him a dictator?Erdog is still a member state of NATO for now.  We have to keep him somewhat agreeable until we can make plans for rearranging our force structure and location from Turkey.  For those who think I'm crazy, just watch how this unfolds.  Erdog will be making demands within months.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, and then said:

Trump has become a success by knowing how to deal with people.  I doubt that he is happy that Turkey is on the path it seems to be but what was he going to do?  Refuse to speak?  Call him a dictator?Erdog is still a member state of NATO for now.  We have to keep him somewhat agreeable until we can make plans for rearranging our force structure and location from Turkey.  For those who think I'm crazy, just watch how this unfolds.  Erdog will be making demands within months.

I don't think calling up a man who has destroyed a democracy to congratulate him, in effect an endorsement, is either wise or shows he knows how to deal with people.  He is a lying hypocrite, making the call and hoping it wouldn't get out (not announcing it, although this man didn't think that the Turks would make it public.  Really stupid and it is only your continued stupidity that enables you to fail to see this in him.

Of course Erdog (as you call him) will be making demands.  That is not any wisdom on your part to predict.  The call only made the making of such demands just that much easier.

Personally I don't think Trump believes in Democracy, but that is another issue.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Frank Merton said:

I don't think calling up a man who has destroyed a democracy to congratulate him, in effect an endorsement, is either wise or shows he knows how to deal with people.  He is a lying hypocrite, making the call and hoping it wouldn't get out (not announcing it, although this man didn't think that the Turks would make it public.  Really stupid and it is only your continued stupidity that enables you to fail to see this in him.

Of course Erdog (as you call him) will be making demands.  That is not any wisdom on your part to predict.  The call only made the making of such demands just that much easier.

Personally I don't think Trump believes in Democracy, but that is another issue.

Of course he doesn't, but wouldn't you say that this obvious rash of dictators and wanna-be-dictators is actually one issue? It's like hefty chunk of the planet is into some authoritarian phase. Again. 

Maybe it all looks so void, broken and scary people instinctively look for a parent figure? I don't even have a problem with that, if it stays within 'leader' definition and doesn't fester into cultist behaviour, I have a problem with the fact that each of those 'fathers' is a walking bag of assorted personal issues.

Of course each turd floating on the surface of authoritarian waters will welcome companions, it's a sort of confirmation they so desperately need. (As in: look, others have their infallible leader too, it's how it's done, what are you, out of touch?)   

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

We just have to re-accommodate another passenger.

Why do I think it will be an asian? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

(As in: look, others have their infallible leader too, it's how it's done, what are you, out of touch?)   

Actually, I think a lot of people ARE out of touch on Trump.  For 8 years we had a spineless man-child sitting in the seat of power that, whether people liked it or not, was responsible for maintaining some kind of order on the planet.  He not only failed in that responsibility, he INTENTIONALLY betrayed allies and gave help to traditional enemies.  You appear to me as well able to understand the truth of that, Helen.  I also think you can understand what that did to world order.  I think it may be a miracle if the world avoids nuclear conflict as a result, even now that the guy is out of power.  Okay, so now, enter the hated TRUMP. He may turn out to be as bad as half the world thinks but my point is that he hasn't DONE anything YET to deserve the grief he's getting.  What all of you are seeing here in America is a news media and one political party that are working together, spreading lies and misinformation WITHOUT PROOF, on a 24/7 news cycle, in an unprecedented attempt to destroy and remove a duly elected U.S. president.  Imagine what becomes of America if THAT kind of behavior becomes a bi-partisan tradition, post-election.  Eventually they begin to call it - Civil War.

All of you can believe as you wish, but Trump calling up Erdog and ranting at him about his election results would not benefit anyone and might actually throw a serious wrench in the NATO alliance or cause problems in the ongoing war with Erdog's proxy army, ISIS.  America and NATO will break from Turkey soon enough.  Turkey is headed toward becoming an Islamic state itself.  Erdog is already extorting money from Europe to keep the flow of refugees from overwhelming them.  Allies don't behave in such a way.  As marriages go, I'd say this one is all over but for paying the lawyers.  And when Trump starts  putting troops in the streets of the U.S., I'll call him a dictator too.  Until then, the people who get hysterical about him can get a script for some valium.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

7 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Of course he doesn't, but wouldn't you say that this obvious rash of dictators and wanna-be-dictators is actually one issue? It's like hefty chunk of the planet is into some authoritarian phase. Again. 

Maybe it all looks so void, broken and scary people instinctively look for a parent figure? I don't even have a problem with that, if it stays within 'leader' definition and doesn't fester into cultist behaviour, I have a problem with the fact that each of those 'fathers' is a walking bag of assorted personal issues.

Of course each turd floating on the surface of authoritarian waters will welcome companions, it's a sort of confirmation they so desperately need. (As in: look, others have their infallible leader too, it's how it's done, what are you, out of touch?)   

Und? 

Wait, and then, I'm writing something short for you. 

• Like 1

President Trump does so believe in democracy, we are not a 3rd world country whereas when you do not win an election you riot and destroy everything. Our democracy is very important to us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

Actually, I think a lot of people ARE out of touch on Trump.  For 8 years we had a spineless man-child sitting in the seat of power that, whether people liked it or not, was responsible for maintaining some kind of order on the planet.  He not only failed in that responsibility, he INTENTIONALLY betrayed allies and gave help to traditional enemies.  You appear to me as well able to understand the truth of that, Helen.  I also think you can understand what that did to world order.  I think it may be a miracle if the world avoids nuclear conflict as a result, even now that the guy is out of power.  Okay, so now, enter the hated TRUMP. He may turn out to be as bad as half the world thinks but my point is that he hasn't DONE anything YET to deserve the grief he's getting.  What all of you are seeing here in America is a news media and one political party that are working together, spreading lies and misinformation WITHOUT PROOF, on a 24/7 news cycle, in an unprecedented attempt to destroy and remove a duly elected U.S. president.  Imagine what becomes of America if THAT kind of behavior becomes a bi-partisan tradition, post-election.  Eventually they begin to call it - Civil War.

All of you can believe as you wish, but Trump calling up Erdog and ranting at him about his election results would not benefit anyone and might actually throw a serious wrench in the NATO alliance or cause problems in the ongoing war with Erdog's proxy army, ISIS.  America and NATO will break from Turkey soon enough.  Turkey is headed toward becoming an Islamic state itself.  Erdog is already extorting money from Europe to keep the flow of refugees from overwhelming them.  Allies don't behave in such a way.  As marriages go, I'd say this one is all over but for paying the lawyers.  And when Trump starts  putting troops in the streets of the U.S., I'll call him a dictator too.  Until then, the people who get hysterical about him can get a script for some valium.

To be honest, I could use some Valium. But I prefer to bear my cross with no training wheels. (No blasphemy intended, this is my actual opinion on psychopharmacs.) 

Now, 

Obama's only 'faults' were that he was black and Democrat. Apparently, large portion of US can take one or the other but not both, at least not while presidenting. I was laughing when he was awarded Nobel Prize right away, for nothing else but not being Bush Jr., but he did his job more than well. In my own opinion, of course. I admit I didn't follow closely what's going on on your domestic ground, but I firmly believe ObamaCare was desperately needed (and absolutely Christian thing to do, by the way). Yes, I know it's light years away from perfect, but it was a huge step in the most right direction. You can't have poor people dropping around like flies, because that will attract real flies and then you're all screwed, rich included.

What I did closely follow is what US does related to my part of the world and I have no objection. We liked the trucks and the chopters and will gladly house more of your old toys. Seriously.

Syria... yes, there's this idiotic part of my brain too that was screaming for carpet bombings, tomahawks flying and sinking Admiral Kuznyecov with a larger harpoon, but I don't often let that part of my brain make any decisions for me. I play it some metal and it goes back to sleep.

The last President you had so far, Obama, was extremely careful in handling the ME powder keg. I'm grateful for that, because we could have been collectively vaporized by now if he wasn't.

Our only hope today is that your structures can keep sealing the Embarrassment off the actual governing processes, especially those involving any type of military.

Let the kid play with his wall and leave the serious stuff to the professionals. Preferably those with no history of being in the Russian pocket.

The proof? NATO is obsolete, said Trump. More than once. Pay me or get out. Ya, really? When Merkel finally told him how NATO functions and that it is not a private club that just became his own, by some oligarch magic, he had public meltdown and couldn't bring himself to shake her hand.

What a disgrace, one of so many.

I will never, ever, as long as I live, trust anyone remotely connected to Trump. You are all, in my eyes, from that day to the eternity, Russian players. Whether you are aware of it or not. (You probably aren't, but he is.)

And the fact that such character ended up in the POTUS seat is what encouraged so many marginal snakes to lift up their heads and start biting.

But they were too impatient. US is not yet disorganized, nor weakened by division, deliberately brought to you by ****ing foreign power, snap out of it, man!

This is so larger than your Demoncrap/Ratpublican pastime.

This is the planet at stake.

Be American, work together with your fellow Americans until you have an actual American government again. Then you can slap each other all you want. The troll is burying us all.

The fall of Damascus won't bring Jesus back, Jesus will be back when he says so – not even the angels know that day. Only the Father in Heavens.

And when he does come back, I guarantee you the likes of Trump will be the first to get a holy boot in the ass.

edit: damn, Kuznetsov is how you'd spell it, sorry. 

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

To be honest, I could use some Valium. But I prefer to bear my cross with no training wheels. (No blasphemy intended, this is my actual opinion on psychopharmacs.) 

Now, 

Obama's only 'faults' were that he was black and Democrat. Apparently, large portion of US can take one or the other but not both, at least not while presidenting. I was laughing when he was awarded Nobel Prize right away, for nothing else but not being Bush Jr., but he did his job more than well. In my own opinion, of course. I admit I didn't follow closely what's going on on your domestic ground, but I firmly believe ObamaCare was desperately needed (and absolutely Christian thing to do, by the way). Yes, I know it's light years away from perfect, but it was a huge step in the most right direction. You can't have poor people dropping around like flies, because that will attract real flies and then you're all screwed, rich included.

What I did closely follow is what US does related to my part of the world and I have no objection. We liked the trucks and the chopters and will gladly house more of your old toys. Seriously.

Syria... yes, there's this idiotic part of my brain too that was screaming for carpet bombings, tomahawks flying and sinking Admiral Kuznyecov with a larger harpoon, but I don't often let that part of my brain make any decisions for me. I play it some metal and it goes back to sleep.

The last President you had so far, Obama, was extremely careful in handling the ME powder keg. I'm grateful for that, because we could have been collectively vaporized by now if he wasn't.

Our only hope today is that your structures can keep sealing the Embarrassment off the actual governing processes, especially those involving any type of military.

Let the kid play with his wall and leave the serious stuff to the professionals. Preferably those with no history of being in the Russian pocket.

The proof? NATO is obsolete, said Trump. More than once. Pay me or get out. Ya, really? When Merkel finally told him how NATO functions and that it is not a private club that just became his own, by some oligarch magic, he had public meltdown and couldn't bring himself to shake her hand.

What a disgrace, one of so many.

I will never, ever, as long as I live, trust anyone remotely connected to Trump. You are all, in my eyes, from that day to the eternity, Russian players. Whether you are aware of it or not. (You probably aren't, but he is.)

And the fact that such character ended up in the POTUS seat is what encouraged so many marginal snakes to lift up their heads and start biting.

But they were too impatient. US is not yet disorganized, nor weakened by division, deliberately brought to you by ****ing foreign power, snap out of it, man!

This is so larger than your Demoncrap/Ratpublican pastime.

This is the planet at stake.

Be American, work together with your fellow Americans until you have an actual American government again. Then you can slap each other all you want. The troll is burying us all.

The fall of Damascus won't bring Jesus back, Jesus will be back when he says so – not even the angels know that day. Only the Father in Heavens.

And when he does come back, I guarantee you the likes of Trump will be the first to get a holy boot in the ass.

edit: damn, Kuznetsov is how you'd spell it, sorry. 

It's not your place to judge.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

It's not your place to judge.

Yes, that is the bigliest problem here.  

Right after your problem with telling the literal and allegoric apart.    

edit: That was sarcasm. And the word in Italics does not exist, it was used in humorous way. Always glad to help, just let me know when you're stuck.  

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 2

When a majority of voters in 31 states decide to NOT elect someone who is promising more of the same that Obama gave them for 8 years, I'd say those opinions count more than any others.  The point I was making was that well over half this nation will fight, if need be, to keep the likes of the constitution hating progs off our necks.  While we're at that, we won't be any help to anyone else.  So when it begins, I'd dust off the Russian for Dummies and get practicing.  The "for Dummies" isn't a personal insult, btw.  It's the name of a series of primers for different languages, maths, etc, that people want to learn.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 0:02 AM, Likely Guy said:

Erdogan, you mean.

Just as unbelievable though.

As irksome as the new policies are it is what the people of that country chose via an open vote so what should he have done, railed against the man thereby further alienating Turkey or try to mend fences?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Yes, that is the bigliest problem here.  

Right after your problem with telling the literal and allegoric apart.    

edit: That was sarcasm. And the word in Italics does not exist, it was used in humorous way. Always glad to help, just let me know when you're stuck.  

there is nothing you have that I need nor want.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, and then said:

When a majority of voters in 31 states decide to NOT elect someone who is promising more of the same that Obama gave them for 8 years, I'd say those opinions count more than any others.  The point I was making was that well over half this nation will fight, if need be, to keep the likes of the constitution hating progs off our necks.  While we're at that, we won't be any help to anyone else.  So when it begins, I'd dust off the Russian for Dummies and get practicing.  The "for Dummies" isn't a personal insult, btw.  It's the name of a series of primers for different languages, maths, etc, that people want to learn.

You've got democracy in your Constitution. No authoritarian oligarchs.  

Your election process isn't valid if foreign influences are found and starting with eff-book trolls they are evident. Just to name the obvious. I hate to think what's floating under the surface, too horrible to be made public.  

Such small details, so easy to forget... 

As for the languages, don't you worry for me. Learning languages is one of my hobbies. 

As for the US involvement, that remains to be seen. Judging by the recent North Korea absolutely hilarious series of blunders (just saw the interview, where Trump mixes up Kim Yongs... it was... surreal but highly amusing... a lost cherry on top of chaotic Korean cake) your oligarch in making doesn't have a grip on your structures and that is excellent news. Russians are probably not too happy with that, but what did they expect? 

To be fair, they probably didn't expect anything else but the chaos and division. And you are helping them so diligently. 

Well, if you're going promote good relations with China, Cuba and Russia, you might as well seek it with an actual ally and brothers in arms, as well.  

There is still yet not a shred of evidence granting credence to the accusation that even a single member of Trump's team colluded with the Commies to influence the election. If there was, they would be in cuffs by now, being pressured to spill their guts.

As for criticism of the American electoral system, coming from an E.U. citizen where top government officials are chosen by politicians and bureaucrats and not the people, themselves, I find their entire critique absurd and hypocritical. 

As for not trusting--when your trust has actually been, in fact, betrayed, come back and we'll chat. Oh ,by the way, bring a good argument as to why WE should trust YOU.                                            https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/presidents_en

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Oh, look what I just found... 

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-russia-election-exclusive-idUSKBN17L2N3

Good night, good people. 

Ahh, yes, another dispatch from the unnamed sources that Obama had to keep from the American people prior to the election result.  Sleep well, Aunty Helen.  Three months and counting and still nary a shred of proof.  They keep throwing crap against a wall and nothing sticks, poor nibs.

• Like 2