Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bill O'Reilly is out

ellapenella

There wasn't much else that Murdoch could do.  I'm sure he hated to have to tell that amount of potential revenue to walk.  I agree with a lot of what O'Reilly said he stands for but the guy is intelligent enough to know that you only get so many chances to wise up and shut up.  It'll be interesting to see if a settlement was required and if there was a non-compete in his contract :)   

• Like 2

Lol.. I think this is the first time I was able to break FOX news out on my mom.. she's a serious FOX watcher and watches the Report after her Jeopardy every night, but has been watching her mysteries and histories all day today and missed this one. I just asked her- did you hear? Now she's mighty curious about it. She said someone else has been sitting in on his show for the last few days while he's out on vacation, but that's how he announced it a few days ago- he was going on vacation, nothing else. Interesting turn of events..

• Like 1

Collapsed under the weight of sexual harassment complaints?

• Like 1

Oh well, guilty until proven innocent...unlike Bill Clinton.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Russian Hare said:

Bill Clinton

We Kinda think alike

Edited by The Silver Thong

Good. The man is a caustic d*******.

For the faithful however, I'm sure that he'll start his own You-tube. They can relish in that.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Good. The man is a caustic d*******.

For the faithful however, I'm sure that he'll start his own You-tube. They can relish in that.

Maybe he IS a sleaze, but no one offered any proof of it.  It seems the idea of actually substantiating a charge against an individual is becoming passe in the U.S.  Regardless, Fox will probably suffer a substantial loss in revenue for awhile.  My biggest complaint is that all these media watchdogs who so fervently upheld the rights of the women involved here, said NOTHING during Clinton's years of serial abuse, even sexual assault, of women.  Then they ignored potential pedophilia on Orgy Island.  He took some ridiculous number of trips to Epstein's little slice of Perv paradise.  Clinton being a Perv doesn't excuse O'Reilly if he was a lech.  I'd just like to know the truth of it because the only charge I've seen was from one woman who he had on his show multiple times while hawking her book.  Apparently she was promised a job with Fox but didn't get it after she declined a visit to his rooms on some remote setting.  His farewell statement was gracious and non-rancorous so my guess is he got paid, big time, to walk away.

9 minutes ago, and then said:

Maybe he IS a sleaze, but no one offered any proof of it.  It seems the idea of actually substantiating a charge against an individual is becoming passe in the U.S.  Regardless, Fox will probably suffer a substantial loss in revenue for awhile.  My biggest complaint is that all these media watchdogs who so fervently upheld the rights of the women involved here, said NOTHING during Clinton's years of serial abuse, even sexual assault, of women.  Then they ignored potential pedophilia on Orgy Island.  He took some ridiculous number of trips to Epstein's little slice of Perv paradise.  Clinton being a Perv doesn't excuse O'Reilly if he was a lech.  I'd just like to know the truth of it because the only charge I've seen was from one woman who he had on his show multiple times while hawking her book.  Apparently she was promised a job with Fox but didn't get it after she declined a visit to his rooms on some remote setting.  His farewell statement was gracious and non-rancorous so my guess is he got paid, big time, to walk away.

I considered him journalistically sleazy before any recent revelation. That's why I'm glad he's gone.

As far as I'm concerned the news media needs far fewer bombastic jerks. He should have been bounced from his job a long time ago.

Edit: If I had a nickel for every time he said to someone he was interviewing to "SHUT UP, and listen...",  I'd have a few extra thousand in the bank.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 4

Nuff said, no sexcapades necessary.

6 hours ago, The Russian Hare said:

Profile_Peppy.aead314d435d8e52d9a4e92a6f

• Like 1

Just...OMG. I never thought I'd see FOX let him go.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, susieice said:

I have been hoping they would for almost ten years.

His high ratings have been a mystery to me for almost that long. His habit of talking over his guests and going on rants to prove how "Independent" he was were just obnoxious to the Nth degree. But in the end, it was a lack of sponsors that got him.

Underhanded tricks to depose an underhanded blow-hard.... meh, whatever.

Tucker Carlson turned out to be a huge improvement over Megyn Kelly, maybe they will find someone even better for this slot.

Tomi Lahren gets my vote. She was on the Blaze (total waste of time) until she got benched for coming out as pro-choice, and cited Constitutional reasons for doing so. But don't let that fool you, she is the real deal;

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, susieice said:

That's a polite way of saying, "You're fired!"

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

That's a polite way of saying, "fired his ass".

I thought you didn't have a TV. Did you listen to him on the radio? And if so why? I am anti-liberal as you appear to be anti-conservative and you would have to rope me to a chair to make me watch the likes of Rachel Maddow or Don Lemmon.

16 minutes ago, Why not said:

I thought you didn't have a TV. Did you listen to him on the radio? And if so why? I am anti-liberal as you appear to be anti-conservative and you would have to rope me to a chair to make me watch the likes of Rachel Maddow or Don Lemmon.

I don't watch TV, haven't for ten years. Has Bill O'Reilly changed any in that time? Didn't think so. He was an ass from Day#1.

Just because I don't watch TV doesn't mean I don't also read what people say.

The latter people you speak of are somewhat alien  to me. Their names are somewhat familiar however.

Edited by Likely Guy

Doesn't look like this will affect his tour with Miller and Waters.  But somebody will pick him up.  Maybe he could start his own network and compete against CRTV?  I like Tucker but I hope this doesn't hurt him, but I can see Fox's ratings fall like a rock.

Me and my wife are both thinking that they will now come after Hannity.

• Like 2

Sometimes I'd tune into O'Reilly. Anyway, it just goes to show....as it's always the least one's you'd suspect.

We have certainly had our fair share of well known TV personalities, who have also been caught up in similar situations and scandals.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I don't watch TV, haven't for ten years. Has Bill O'Reilly changed any in that time? Didn't think so. He was an ass from Day#1.

Just because I don't watch TV doesn't mean I don't also read what people say.

The latter people you speak of are somewhat alien  to me. Their names are somewhat familiar however.

Your right, Bill was a pretty big &@$hole to people but did seem to mellow a bit in the last few years. A lot of liberals are taking this as a big win.  As to the others I mentioned that you don't know of, I guess it's good not to have the idiot tube.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

I have been hoping they would for almost ten years.

His high ratings have been a mystery to me for almost that long. His habit of talking over his guests and going on rants to prove how "Independent" he was were just obnoxious to the Nth degree. But in the end, it was a lack of sponsors that got him.

Underhanded tricks to depose an underhanded blow-hard.... meh, whatever.

Tucker Carlson turned out to be a huge improvement over Megyn Kelly, maybe they will find someone even better for this slot.

Tomi Lahren gets my vote. She was on the Blaze (total waste of time) until she got benched for coming out as pro-choice, and cited Constitutional reasons for doing so. But don't let that fool you, she is the real deal;

I think Mike Cernovich  said in  this  broadcast last night that Tucker is replacing  that time spot.

No skin off my back.   I used to watch him from time to time.   Entertaining.  

This won't affect the FOX news ratings much.   There really isn't another choice for conservative news. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Doesn't look like this will affect his tour with Miller and Waters.  But somebody will pick him up.  Maybe he could start his own network and compete against CRTV?  I like Tucker but I hope this doesn't hurt him, but I can see Fox's ratings fall like a rock.

Me and my wife are both thinking that they will now come after Hannity.

From like 2 min & 25sec into this announcement , if you can give a listen to it. I think they are wanting to shutdown the Still's report also.It's all across the board.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

From like 2 min & 25sec into this announcement , if you can give a listen to it. I think they are wanting to shutdown the Still's report also.It's all across the board.

Nothing new there as we here have been dealing with the trolls for quite some time as it is.  OReilly was a big scalp for sure but in every war, you have to expect casualties.  The Progs thinking that by violent protests will de facto establish the fairness doctrine will find it a path they'll wish they hadn't.

• Like 2