Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dragons, real?

Dragon Research

11 minutes ago, Essan said:

btw, slightly OT, but this is a (gold guarding) Griffin:

protoceratopsWC-56a254233df78cf772747a27

Someone's been reading Adrienne Mayor, it seems! There is disagreement over whether or not Protoceratops was the inspiration for the mythological griffin, though. Mark Witton wrote an interesting and convincing rebuttal to Mayor's theories: http://markwitton-com.blogspot.com/2016/04/why-protoceratops-almost-certainly.html?m=1

6 minutes ago, Carnivorfox said:

Someone's been reading Adrienne Mayor, it seems! There is disagreement over whether or not Protoceratops was the inspiration for the mythological griffin, though. Mark Witton wrote an interesting and convincing rebuttal to Mayor's theories: http://markwitton-com.blogspot.com/2016/04/why-protoceratops-almost-certainly.html?m=1

Yes, read her books some years ago :)

I am not entirely convinced by Witton's rebuttal: the fact the idea of such creatures occurred long before the Greeks heard about them, doesn't prove anything.

But in any case, what I think is likely is that when fossils were found, those who found them thought they were griffins ...... thus reinforcing existing mythology.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Essan said:

But in any case, what I think is likely is that when fossils were found, those who found them thought they were griffins ...... thus reinforcing existing mythology.

I'd have to agree with you there. I don't think the fossils of Protoceratops were the original inspiration for the griffin, but I think that they were probably correlated with the creatures by ancient peoples.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldrover said:

Am I the only one who thinks that hadrosaur fossils were part of Gieger's inspiration for Alien?

I hadn't noticed that before, but now that you bring it up the head of the xenomorph does resemble a lambeosaurine like Parasaurolophus.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DragonReasearch said:

Oh but there is a blindfold. One the world and government has placed over our eyes. They don't want us to see whats real, and they've done such an amazing job YOU believe whats fake is real. We are capable of a lot more than imagined, we have technology 10 times more advanced than what we see, stop saying i'm wrong and take a moment and think. think about what i say.

I will continue to say you are wrong until you offer up some proof that this imaginary blindfold exists. Or do you "just know"?

• Like 1

Dragons are either a collective, deep rooted nightmare of our times as mice during the dinosaur age, or were inspired by ancient peoples encounters with the following: 

1.  Dinosaur bones

2.  Komodo Dragons

3.  Megalania.   (giant land lizard of the Australian outback during ancient times).

4.  Puff (a magic dragon who apparently lived by the sea). 

21 hours ago, Carnivorfox said:

So they're keeping dragons at Area 51? Now I've heard everything.

i never said that. Don't twist my words.

21 hours ago, Essan said:

This explains all the alleged UFOs around Area51!   They are really just resurrected pterosaurs :D       But why would the US have dragons when they all live in Europe and Asia?    It's like the French having all the Bigfoots .....

btw, slightly OT, but this is a (gold guarding) Griffin:

protoceratopsWC-56a254233df78cf772747a27

Very funny. if you want to "fake" something to be another animal. at LEAST make sure it has the correct bone structure.

17 minutes ago, DragonReasearch said:

That idea too ridiculous for even you, eh?

16 minutes ago, DragonReasearch said:

Very funny. if you want to "fake" something to be another animal. at LEAST make sure it has the correct bone structure.

What exactly do you find "incorrect" about its bone structure? I would love to know.

15 minutes ago, Carnivorfox said:

That idea too ridiculous for even you, eh?

What exactly do you find "incorrect" about its bone structure? I would love to know.

The words that area 51 holds them were never typed.

well, first, there is no way the fossil of one can be in that great of condition due to how their bones are formed. Second, no griffon has that large of a forehead, or that thick of a beak. The fossil doesn't have wings on it and if ANY person has seen a picture of a griffon they'ed know it has wings. also, don't say that their wings are made of another material unlike their body bone structure cause that is false. Their front and hind legs have the same formation when the front legs are supposed to look like bird talons. the tail looks nothing like the one of a lion's. the hind legs don't even look close to lion hind legs or a felon hind leg in general. Their body is also slim, not bulky, so their flight is easier.merisiel_riding_a_griffon_by_devburmak-d

So basically, real creatures must have been faked because they don't look like fictional ones?  :whistle:

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Carnivorfox said:

So they're keeping dragons at Area 51? Now I've heard everything.

Something has to fly the spaceships.

Why would the Government keep proof of dragons secret from the population?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, DragonReasearch said:

well, first, there is no way the fossil of one can be in that great of condition due to how their bones are formed. Second, no griffon has that large of a forehead, or that thick of a beak. The fossil doesn't have wings on it and if ANY person has seen a picture of a griffon they'ed know it has wings. also, don't say that their wings are made of another material unlike their body bone structure cause that is false. Their front and hind legs have the same formation when the front legs are supposed to look like bird talons. the tail looks nothing like the one of a lion's. the hind legs don't even look close to lion hind legs or a felon hind leg in general. Their body is also slim, not bulky, so their flight is easier.merisiel_riding_a_griffon_by_devburmak-d

You absolutely missed the point here. The skeleton is that of the ceratopsian dinosaur Protoceratops from the Late Cretaceous of Mongolia, and is not supposed to represent an actual griffin. However, the fossils of Protoceratops may have been associated with the mythological griffins by the ancient Scythians. As for the condition of the skeleton, this one has been restored because it is being displayed in a museum.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DragonReasearch said:

You did seem to imply it though. First you said that the government has been hiding dragons:

On 4/25/2017 at 7:11 AM, DragonReasearch said:

Shouldn't be asking me for a corpse of a dragon. Should be asking the government for it. try searching the deep web for dragons. bet you'll find something there.

Then you said your father told you about the government and the dragons:

23 hours ago, DragonReasearch said:

That's not a dragon my man, but we can never know. i know of one thing they are doing that my father, who worked there, had told me. I will not say what it was since none of these websites are protected. and i have a chance at being caught. though i can say this cause some will believe me, but most won't since i will not provide proof. 

After that you said he worked at Area 51:

23 hours ago, DragonReasearch said:

oh, he worked inside area 51

Now can you see why I thought you were saying that the government was keeping dragons at Area 51?

Edited by Carnivorfox
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Carnivorfox said:

You did seem to imply it though. First you said that the government has been hiding dragons:

Then you said your father told you about the government and the dragons:

After that you said he worked at Area 51:

Now can you see why I thought you were saying that the government was keeping dragons at Area 51?

my father spoke nothing of dragons. again, Do. not. twist. my. words. if i never typed it, then it is not what i meant. learn to read EVERYTHING please.

@DragonReasearch besides dreaming of dragons what is your actual  experience with dragons? Please explain in clear concise language as your previous comments have been rather vague.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, DragonReasearch said:

my father spoke nothing of dragons. again, Do. not. twist. my. words. if i never typed it, then it is not what i meant. learn to read EVERYTHING please.

It does not help to understand what you are saying when you are being vague.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carnivorfox said:

It does not help to understand what you are saying when you are being vague.

i only said my father worked there. never mentioned dragons in that part

2 minutes ago, DragonReasearch said:

i only said my father worked there. never mentioned dragons in that part

Then why include it at all? I thought the topic of this thread (and your ramblings) was supposed to be dragons.

Edited by Carnivorfox

1 minute ago, Carnivorfox said:

Then why include it at all? I thought the topic of this thread (and your ramblings) was supposed to be dragons.

it is. 

So your father worled at Area 51 but his employment there has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the subject of dragons.   None of which are being help captive by whomever it is actually runs Area 51 .....  Your father, where he works, and who operates the place where he works is, in fact as wholly relevant to this discussion as the number of times I have tied my shoelaces this year.

Is that correct?

If so, we move on.  Why do you beleive that dragons are not only real, but that the US Government is specifically hiding them from the rest of the world?   What possible purpose would they have for doing so?  

• Like 1

• The topic was locked