Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Keeping it Classy at the White House

OverSword

Some special guests joined former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin during a White House visit Wednesday evening.

Musicians Kid Rock and Ted Nugent posed for a series of photos with the 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate, who thanked President Trump for the invitation. According to Nugent, who was joined by his wife, Shemane, the group had dinner with the president.

Shemane Nugent posted a photo of Kid Rock, Palin and Nugent standing beneath a portrait of then-first lady Hillary Clinton.

Nugent-2-White-House-04.20.17.jpg

On 20/04/2017 at 7:35 PM, aquatus1 said:

Umm...which is the "classy" part?

The whole thing and we don't have to look at the bottoms of his shoes because his feet are up on the desk.   Also he is always in a suit and tie, like Reagan, when in the oval office. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, aquatus1 said:

Umm...which is the "classy" part?

i suspect the use of sarcasm.

I save my realtree camouflage boonie hat for formal occasions, like fine dining at Olive Garden and illegal cockfights.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, The Russian Hare said:

I save my realtree camouflage boonie hat for formal occasions, like fine dining at Olive Garden and illegal cockfights.

AAA-grade joke there lol

• Like 3

Thread cleaned

Can we keep the comments civil and respectful please.

Thank you.

• Like 1

According to Nugent, one member of the group on the tour suggested they flip the bird at the former first lady’s portrait. He did not reveal who that was.

“I politely declined. Let the juxtaposition speak for itself,” the rocker told The New York Times in an interview published Thursday.

https://www.teaparty.org/ted-nugent-amps-outrage-lets-slip-someone-wh-tour-said-hillarys-portrait-231513/

• Like 1

Just now, Ellapennella said:

According to Nugent, one member of the group on the tour suggested they flip the bird at the former first lady’s portrait. He did not reveal who that was.

“I politely declined. Let the juxtaposition speak for itself,” the rocker told The New York Times in an interview published Thursday.

https://www.teaparty.org/ted-nugent-amps-outrage-lets-slip-someone-wh-tour-said-hillarys-portrait-231513/

I've never understood the right's fascination with monosyllabic goofballs like Nugent (even when I was on the right I would have to fake chuckle and pretend that he wasnt annoying the hell outta me)  however it sounds like he made a classy decision in this case. 

Boy that artist sure took some liberties with HIllary's body proportions.

• Like 2

Just now, The Russian Hare said:

Boy that artist sure took some liberties with HIllary's body proportions.

what does that even mean ?

Thread cleaned again.... keep it civil, respectful, and on topic folks.

Rashore, moderating team

• Like 2

There has been a longstanding tradition of being outraged at people you don't like being invited to the White House. Bottom line is, if you don't like the POTUS, what are the chances you're gonna like his buddies? 

This does not surprise me at all. I wouldn't have been shocked if Alex Jones and Duck Dynasty were also invited. 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

Is it compulsory to keep that thing on the wall? Imagine having that grinning at you perpetually. Even if there is some convention that prohibits taking down such horrific things and hiding them somewhere no one can ever risk setting eyes on them, they could at least put a wardrobe in front of it or something couldn't they.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Is it compulsory to keep that thing on the wall? Imagine having that grinning at you perpetually. Even if there is some convention that prohibits taking down such horrific things and hiding them somewhere no one can ever risk setting eyes on them, they could at least put a wardrobe in front of it or something couldn't they.

I guess he could have it placed where ever Obama placed Winnie's bust but the press would make a story about it that never ended.  I can see it now on CNN: " Day 182, THE MISSING CLINTON PORTRAIT, disrespect of a national icon".  I'm sure there would be marches and protests, real wailing and gnashing of teeth by the snowflakes.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

"I admit the deed! — tear up the planks! here, here! — it is the beating of his hideous heart!"

• Like 2

Isnt trump "too busy" to go to briefings? LMAO