Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Dark_Grey

Armed Muslim Outside Christian Conference

94 posts in this topic

Gateway Link
Counterjihadreport(?) Link

"Heavily Armed" Muslim Man Visits Christian Church

A video of a Muslim man flaunting guns outside a Sioux Falls Christian Conference event is making the rounds on social media. Earlier in April, more than 300 people came to hear former Muslim turned Christian pastor Shahram Hadian and Christian Radio Host Brannon Howse speak in Sioux Falls.

The two speakers claimed they didn't come with an "anti-Muslim" message, but 46-year-old Ehab Jaber felt otherwise. We asked him for an on-camera interview, but he chose to hold a Facebook live news conference instead.

"You know if you want to be really scared… be scared,” Jaber said.

One after the other, the video shows Jaber showing off the guns he had with him at the Hilton Garden Inn South last weekend. This next clip shows him inside the Worldview Weekend Christian Conference, just before security asked him to leave.

“He had some guns on him. One of the security guards noticed that and talked to him, told him that guns weren't allowed in that facility and asked him to leave. The man left," Sam Clemens, Sioux Falls Police Department, said.

It was after he was asked to leave the premises that he filmed a Facebook video inside his car. On the video Jaber shows a large pistol, an AK-47 rifle, another assault rifle and a duffle-bag full of magazines.
You don't have to read the articles but I encourage you to watch Jaber's video. (Note that it does contain some naughty words so beware if you watching at work).

In a Facebook Live video posted Tuesday, Jaber retracted his claims by stating claims he wasn't planning to hurt anyone:
“I did not go to a Christian conference to hurt anybody. I went to protest. I went to protest an anti-Muslim rally,”

Jaber says he went to join the pro-Muslim protest outside the hotel. Like others there, he believed the speakers came to promote fear and hate against those who practice the Islamic faith.
"What I can't handle anymore is staying quiet about (expletive), about injustice,”

Though he wasn't allowed to bring his guns inside the event, police say his concealed carry permit gives him the legal right to carry them in public.
“He had a lot of guns with him, but he wasn't breaking any laws. He didn't threaten anybody directly. He didn't threaten any groups of people,” Clemens said.

On to the discussion. Why did he go to the event armed to the teeth without the intent to cause harm? To send a message? Is this just posturing?

In this video, he's wearing a shirt that says:

'I am an American'
'I am a Muslim'
'I open carry'
'and conceal carry'
'I am only dangerous'
'If you are stupid'

a dry run?

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, aztek said:

a dry run?

That's what I'm thinking. Scary AF. Perhaps he was testing security at the event. There are so few possible reasons for going to a conference armed like that. So few reasons and none of them are good.

Things are ramping up when you consider this bold move in addition to:

23 yr old ISIS sympathizer convicted of Key West bomb plot sentenced to life in prison

Harlem Suarez, 26, was convicted Jan. 27 of attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction and providing material support to a terrorist organization.

Did you know about that one? I came across it by accident. Makes you wonder how many other foiled ISIS/Muslim radical plots have been under-reported.

2 people like this

People throwing their lives away, and for what? 

He's perfectly free to open carry if he isn't a felon.  If he begins to obviously menace people with the weapons, that's a different story.  He left when told to, so until he decides to start killing, there's not much that can be done.  

4 people like this

5 minutes ago, and then said:

He's perfectly free to open carry if he isn't a felon.  If he begins to obviously menace people with the weapons, that's a different story.  He left when told to, so until he decides to start killing, there's not much that can be done.  

Oh I agree. Legally, he's done nothing wrong. I think terrorists are like cockroaches; if you see one run across the floor, assume there are hundreds more in hiding.

Nah, he's just a Walmart Warrior, like all those other people who parade about with assault rifles while buying their shopping. 

3 people like this

6 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Nah, he's just a Walmart Warrior, like all those other people who parade about with assault rifles while buying their shopping. 

I bet that's where he found that t-shirt

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Interesting - I hope the FBI keeps tabs on this guy.  

Jaber's quote: “I did not go to a Christian conference to hurt anybody. I went to protest. I went to protest an anti-Muslim rally,”

So, if I organize a vegetable farmer conference, would he think it was an anti-fruit farmer conference?  He's definitely got a screw or two loose.

Edited by Aftermath
3 people like this

that is a lame excuse. i do not buy it for a second

I'm trying not to be provocative, but what if it would have been viceversa? 

An armed christian second amender outside a mosque? 

How many headlines would have made and how much concern raised? 

He is legally exerting his constitutional rights after all. 

Only thing he's muslim.

And what if, from his point of view, he's part of the "well regulated militia", to secure a free state and a free practice of religion? 

Everything is relative and things look different depending the point of view you assume. 

5 people like this

what's a second amender?  are you exercising free speech, can i call you first amender?

3 people like this

1 minute ago, Parsec said:

Only thing he's muslim.

And what if, from his point of view, he's part of the "well regulated militia", to secure a free state and a free practice of religion? 

Everything is relative and things look different depending the point of view you assume. 

Not really. Radical Christian terrorists haven't exactly been a problem lately. Radical Muslims? Take your pick from a list of shootings and vehicular manslaughter that's occurred over the past few years. Of course, there's also ISIS and ISIS sympathizers. He explicitly says to "be scared", implying he represents a threat.

There would be a lot of headlines, though. You're right about that. A lot more than what we see about this upstanding citizen.

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, Parsec said:

Only thing he's muslim.

My opinion:

(1) An armed Christian outside a mosque probably would have been arrested.  But this armed Muslim "2nd amender" was given the benefit of doubt.

(2) I would guess the same amount of headlines as this story received and just about the same amount of concern (i.e., very little).

(3) He is absolutely within his rights, no issue with it at all - even if he is Muslim, don't care.  My issue is with his leap to condemn the conference as an anti-Muslim rally when it clearly wasn't.  I feel as though he, and others, are trying to stir up trouble - there's really no need for any of this.

3 people like this

17 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Not really. Radical Christian terrorists haven't exactly been a problem lately. Radical Muslims? Take your pick from a list of shootings and vehicular manslaughter that's occurred over the past few years. Of course, there's also ISIS and ISIS sympathizers. He explicitly says to "be scared", implying he represents a threat.

There would be a lot of headlines, though. You're right about that. A lot more than what we see about this upstanding citizen.

"Not really" what? 

To everything I've written? Something specific? 

Don't you think it's a matter of perspective and how things are presented to you? 

Anyway, it's interesting that apparently he was protesting exactly about your kind of attitude. 

Maybe he planned a carnage and changed his mind at the last moment, maybe he wanted to draw attention and make a point, maybe he wanted his 15 minutes, we don't know, but I see a lot of people here already jumped to conclusions.

Regarding "being scared", based on your first post, he said

2 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

"You know if you want to be really scared… be scared,” Jaber said.

I read it like "it's your choice to be scared", not like "you are right to be scared", but maybe I'm wrong. 

Sounds like other people who stand out in front of places with guns. But they are ok because they are Christians...

3 people like this

1 hour ago, and then said:

The question is: is there something that should be done? 

7 minutes ago, Aftermath said:

My opinion:

(1) An armed Christian outside a mosque probably would have been arrested.  But this armed Muslim "2nd amender" was given the benefit of doubt.

(2) I would guess the same amount of headlines as this story received and just about the same amount of concern (i.e., very little).

(3) He is absolutely within his rights, no issue with it at all - even if he is Muslim, don't care.  My issue is with his leap to condemn the conference as an anti-Muslim rally when it clearly wasn't.  I feel as though he, and others, are trying to stir up trouble - there's really no need for any of this.

I appreciate that this is your opinion. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Parsec said:

The question is: is there something that should be done? 

Well, something was done, the FBI paid him a visit.  What are you thinking should be done?

Edited by Aftermath
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Gateway Link
Counterjihadreport(?) Link

"Heavily Armed" Muslim Man Visits Christian Church

It was after he was asked to leave the premises that he filmed a Facebook video inside his car. On the video Jaber shows a large pistol, an AK-47 rifle, another assault rifle and a duffle-bag full of magazines.
You don't have to read the articles but I encourage you to watch Jaber's video. (Note that it does contain some naughty words so beware if you watching at work).

On to the discussion. Why did he go to the event armed to the teeth without the intent to cause harm? To send a message? Is this just posturing?

In this video, he's wearing a shirt that says:

'I am an American'
'I am a Muslim'
'I open carry'
'and conceal carry'
'I am only dangerous'
'If you are stupid'

2nd amendment activist.  No difference than the Christian guys that do it too. 

3 people like this

58 minutes ago, Aftermath said:

Interesting - I hope the FBI keeps tabs on this guy.  

Jaber's quote: “I did not go to a Christian conference to hurt anybody. I went to protest. I went to protest an anti-Muslim rally,”

So, if I organize a vegetable farmer conference, would he think it was an anti-fruit farmer conference?  He's definitely got a screw or two loose.

How do you know the subject of the conference wasn't anti-Islam?

Posted (edited)

I wonder if the plan here is to get someone to retaliate against him?

Either way those people need to arm up and be ready.

Edited by Use your brain

A Muslim second amendmenter is causing alarm.  Imagine that. 

4 people like this

6 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Those aren't assault rifles. 

5 hours ago, hatecraft said:

Those aren't assault rifles. 

IMG_0638.JPG.571ff5c1c1c32ad4b94cdce08a0785c4.JPG

3 people like this