Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
rashore

Mothman Sighting in Chicago

22 posts in this topic

If Mothman has a publicist, Bigfoot, Nessie and other cryptids should look into hiring him or her because Mothman’s appearances are rare enough to keep believers wanting more and non-believers off-guard. They’re also perfectly timed to take advantage of other Mothman-related events like festivals and films. That seems to be the case this week in Chicago, where a witness gave a detailed report on a Mothman encounter which keeps this city near the top of Mothman hotbeds and stimulates interest in an upcoming Mothman documentary.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2017/04/mothman-sighting-in-chicago-just-in-time-for-documentary/

6 people like this

You wouldn't of wanted to bump into him when he was a caterpillar 

6 people like this

Is mothmans female counterpart a myth? ..... see what I done there

3 people like this

I'm kind of torn on this one... There's been a bunch of sightings now. I think perhaps someone might have actually seen something, but I have to wonder how much of it might be killer clown syndrome.

4 people like this

Just in time for documentary.

How convenient.

1 person likes this

He hasn't been seen down in Cornwall for years then I think he may of been called Owl man all very bizzare 

1 person likes this

Owlman. Hoo hoo...

2 people like this

12 hours ago, Matt221 said:

Is mothmans female counterpart a myth? ..... see what I done there

Say     Mythis Mothman  3 times fast . 

hence the abbreviation Mys. Mothman . 

1 person likes this

Mothman sighting  in Chicago ;  

(crouching down, centre left ) 

Spoiler

Image result for Chicago band

1 person likes this

On 6/1/2017 at 10:38 AM, rashore said:

I'm kind of torn on this one... There's been a bunch of sightings now. I think perhaps someone might have actually seen something, but I have to wonder how much of it might be killer clown syndrome.

Ya, I feel the same way. It's far too easy for mass hysteria (is that the right word?) to exaggerate sightings like this. Someone sees the Mothman, word spreads, and soon Mothmen are seen everywhere. I'm no expert on Illinois biota, is there any large bird species that could account for at least some sightings? 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, AustinHinton said:

Ya, I feel the same way. It's far too easy for mass hysteria (is that the right word?) to exaggerate sightings like this. Someone sees the Mothman, word spreads, and soon Mothmen are seen everywhere. I'm no expert on Illinois biota, is there any large bird species that could account for at least some sightings? 

Yes. Chicagoland has large predator birds, owls, turkey vultures, swans, geese, herons, and cranes. I also wouldn't rule out some media hype of someone making a few mothman appearances for the sake of the documentary.

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, rashore said:

Yes. Chicagoland has large predator birds, owls, turkey vultures, swans, geese, herons, and cranes. I also wouldn't rule out some media hype of someone making a few mothman appearances for the sake of the documentary.

Thanks for the info, I could see how someone not familiar with those birds, and with Mothman on the brain from all this Mothman talk, could mistake the bird for Mothman. 

As a sort of "augmented reality" for the upcoming documentary? Ya, that's a solid possibility. :)

1 person likes this

I'm looking forward to the film, at the very least.

1 person likes this

My guess would most likely be a great blue heron, they are rather large and tuck their necks in when in flight. All of these sightings were by bodies of water, and they can be startling to see if you're not expecting them. 

1 person likes this

This reminds me of the video showing geese flying in front of the Moon which was used to claim it was an ancient alien satellite that has been in orbit around the Earth watching us for millennia. The flapping was claimed to show a spinning satellite.

Now we have other night time sightings which do not have to be large birds. They could be smaller birds which someone thinks are far away. There might be nothing there at all.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, stereologist said:

They could be smaller birds which someone thinks are far away.

(Father Ted, Channel 4)

Edited by acute
2 people like this

23 minutes ago, acute said:

(Father Ted, Channel 4)

Lol gotta love a bit of ted

1 person likes this

Thanks for the update. I've always found the stories to be interesting. You can't always know if it's accurate or not. However there's been many sightings over the years. I've watched something not to long ago and many people thought it could be just a big giant owl or something. I'll try to find it and put it on here.

1 person likes this

mothmen are not sigils but sybils.

and the one who sees one is seeing self.

and residual sightings occur as others see each other.

they are the same class as gremlins who saboed allies places to lessen our brutality but also balm pilots who needed to trust their planes.

some planes fall for the cargo or passengers fear it will.

and we see engine failure but twilight zone episode of one seeing engine tinkering is real

gremlins do same pose as mothmen.

they are of sky for many look up and silently plead without control, why why and when when will it be OK for me?

convention are gatherings so we will see one speaking and sense audience. 

so naturally sightings increase and it is not hysteria but meme.

and the good is the gremlins of parents siblings and children who look to loved ones and think ward them and bless them.

and people are saved from many pitfalls and mistakes...

when we look to them and think no it is too much they are not gonna make it and we turn away...they die. no grimmchildren or mothwomen will save them for watchers with wings are us.

angelic and avian for moths do not hunch. now soon one will see a mothself fly and realize it is them.

and their body is there and standing still.

as every molecule and atom has bilocation ability. so annoyed by folk lore that reveals truths means you eyes remain on the ones being described. 

and to believe we can fly means you know work of angels and demons who are same yet hairy perched on building or bridge is demon and the same but within another is angel? 

and angels who stand still and high are pained but we see crysalis in sense of both shell and liminality.

as we shed dark one outside it will  turn white. for the shell is both moment of utter loss and giving up to get out. and we flew leaving tranfigured shell.

and so when we cannot bear it and struggle ends shell cracks. 

we must now crack the world egg.

if we do not we will not be born into the world and see reality.

(disclaimer: What is written above is below in wiki)

Reality is the state of things as they actually exist, rather than as they may appear or might be imagined.[1] Reality includes everything that is and has been, whether or not it isobservable or comprehensible. A still broader definition includes that which has existed, exists, or will exist.

(matterundermind note: who here tells of all that has and will exist as being Here and Now?)

Philosophers, mathematicians, and other ancient and modern thinkers, such as Aristotle, Plato, Frege, Wittgenstein, and Russell, have made a distinction between thought corresponding to reality, coherent abstractions (thoughts of things that are imaginable but not real), and that which cannot even be rationally thought. 

(MUM note: coherent and some see only irrational for rationality is your eyes not ours, and coherent is this. 

co·her·ent
ˌkōˈhirənt/
adjective
  1. 1.
    (of an argument, theory, or policy) logical and consistent.
    "they failed to develop a coherent economic strategy"
    synonyms: logicalreasonedreasonable,rationalsoundcogentconsistent,consilient; More

2. 2.
    united as or forming a whole.
    "divided into a number of geographically coherent kingdoms"

1 for those who argue and debate no matter how polite or given allowances of running out the odd man out debating his minority view.)

2 is this as stated truth no argument here as whole unity is told now who will reveal more? adding and multiplying, squaring and cubing what is extent of what is seen and observed and tested by many sources compiled as one, grows.

yet argument is to divide and multiply  

and I tell without that process of friction how can crop rise from root in dark to mustard tree baby in light?

by one or more roots who talk to water and say I see light and the root says no dark and spreads more.

so bless the ones in darkness and fight  for they insure when we do rise we are solid and grow up and out.

and all was growing up even going backward and more down._end mum)

(mum again: most are contraexisting still)

By contrastexistence is hten restricted solely to that which has physical existence or has a direct basis in it in the way that thoughts do in the brain. solely to that which has physical existence or has a direct basis in it in the way that thoughts do in the brain.

(mum tell: so materialism and using thought alone without lacing it with eyes and ears and heart is contraexisting. and some add hands too all the others mentioned and touch and others and such is pan- and preterexistance.

I exist in many of you now and inside your borders and outside too.

all times and places in every form.

when an ingot is turned to sword...it remember and knows it is still deep ore and a tool to dub the alive and plow until allrise.)

This was Mothmen with Gremlin variation of angelmonic triunity.

As channeled in all by the adept known as Triumvirate. 

tri·um·vir
trīˈəmvər/
noun
noun: triumvir; plural noun: triumvirs; plural noun:triumviri
  1. (in ancient Rome) each of three public officers jointly responsible for overseeing any of the administrative departments.
Origin
6fa808ebc5ed5df2bfe2e093d2b4d2465e436bea096501fdc3fc7f24b4137849.png
Latin, originally as triumviri (plural), back-formation from trium virorum ‘of three men,’ genitive of tres viri .

one is shadow us. other is us here. and true vehicle is true you. who leads and forges ans pushes through borders.

look in to see them or look in a double mirror of infinity to see the silhouette shadow move differently than you.....

one spins one measures one cuts they laugh now for we children of the Owl of Minerva awaits to unveil reality and cast down empty shell.

we shed skin so do snakes and eagles yet the World Owl perches and looks down on US lovingly and patiently. 

And she is here and revealed to the world as Mothwoman and Fremlin all as one.

One will read and ponder and see glitch in Systema. And hear static on radio. Not hear what one repeats on cellphone.

for we are transmitting this signal on all towers lines and waves.

The great birds of roc rukh thunderbird Garudasimurghphoenix,thunderbird and you.