Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Living with a ghost

Karen P Tucker

I have a friend that just married a great guy but she has discovered he has a female ghost that has been visiting him since he was seven years old. He has kept this a secret because he thought people would think he was crazy.  He is now iin his late forties  and continues to see this same ghostly figure. It seems to follow him to different places such as the beach, or to a wedding  and even if he is visiting another home.  His wife has seen it standing  at the edge of their bed and does not want to see it again.  He told it to go away and don't come back and it did for about four months. It's not mean and has caused no harm but makes its presence know. What do you think this is and what can they do to make this thing go away. 

• Like 2

Maybe it's a deceased relative that's just looking out for him. Since it's never hurt him he shouldn't worry about it too much, and it seems like it might even be protecting him. I think it would be a good thing to have someone looking out for me, even if they were dead. As long as they don't come around when I'm in the shower, I'd be ok with it.

31 minutes ago, Karen P Tucker said:

I have a friend that just married a great guy but she has discovered he has a female ghost that has been visiting him since he was seven years old. He has kept this a secret because he thought people would think he was crazy.  He is now iin his late forties  and continues to see this same ghostly figure. It seems to follow him to different places such as the beach, or to a wedding  and even if he is visiting another home.  His wife has seen it standing  at the edge of their bed and does not want to see it again.  He told it to go away and don't come back and it did for about four months. It's not mean and has caused no harm but makes its presence know. What do you think this is and what can they do to make this thing go away. 

My first question is does this guy have theories as to the who/what/why of this ghost. What does it look like? It certainly does not sound malicious but perhaps a guardian?

• Like 3

When does he see this ghost? Day time? Bed time? Upon waking? 

Any photographs or videos of the ghost? 

Was your fried sleeping or in bed at the time she saw it? 

i live with a ghost too, my sister haunts me when I'm trying to sleep.. talking so loud with her boyfriend.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Karen P Tucker said:

Did the wife see anything prior to him telling her?

how long has your friend known him?

how often does he go to the beech or a wedding and is his wife there too?

An idea is for him to visit a hypnotist to  see if there is anything which happened to him before he was seven......depending on the answers to the above questions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

What if this ghost is one of his victims come back to haunt him?

"  Wow ... I am so scared, being way out here in the forest  -  away from everything ! "

-    " You're scared ?   What about me !  I'm the one that has to walk all the way back to the car by myself ! "

• Like 2

But seriously Karen,  I sorta feel sorry for this 'ghost'  , it seems nice and friendly.   He should make friends and welcome its presence .... how could someone ignore something like that for so long  and be so aloof to it ?  

Like having a dog .....   if my GF  did not like my dog ... or my ghost .... I would be suss on the GF .    

• Like 2

13 hours ago, back to earth said:

But seriously Karen,  I sorta feel sorry for this 'ghost'  , it seems nice and friendly.   He should make friends and welcome its presence .... how could someone ignore something like that for so long  and be so aloof to it ?  

Like having a dog .....   if my GF  did not like my dog ... or my ghost .... I would be suss on the GF .    

It's not quite the same if the dog can't play fetch.

Any good ghost that is so attached ... will 'fetch'   ... but I would not treat them like that ....  however, one might be surprised what they can accomplish . 

And why not be nice to it if it cant play fetch anyway ........    probably worked hard most of their life and need to lay back a bit 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnpOAnnLRiG1w9tGqIcUc

• Like 1

I think this would make great material for a good paranormal romance. (Sorry, the bookseller in me got ancy) Anyhow, I wonder too, if the husband knows this ghost and anymore information about her. How old does the ghost, looks young, looks old, etc? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I think this would make great material for a good paranormal romance. (Sorry, the bookseller in me got ancy) Anyhow, I wonder too, if the husband knows this ghost and anymore information about her. How old does the ghost, looks young, looks old, etc? 

Would be a better love story than Twilight.:lol:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Would be a better love story than Twilight.:lol:

I feel anything would be a better love story than Twilight. :w00t: 

Sorry, Twilight fans. *shrugs*

• Like 2