Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

War & Rumors of War

ellapenella

I don't even know where to post things anymore, there's war simulations and happenings everywhere,

More military convoys on the move in downtown Pueblo, Colorado. This is part of a massive drill dubbed "Raider Focus". If you have anything you would like me to share, let me know at dahboo7@yahoo.com.

What is all this convoy activity?

I noticed that Dahboo7 states many times in most of his videos that he doesn't know what more  it will take to get people to pay attention to what is happening around the world. I'm concerned for us all.

Edited by Ellapennella

For some time now the US military has been poorly funded and poorly trained. I highly suspect what we're now seeing is simply a reversal of that mind set. Frankly, I don't think it's at all a bad idea to have ones military well equipped and well trained.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

I noticed that Dahboo7 states many times in most of his videos that he doesn't know what more  it will take to get people to pay attention to what is happening around the world. I'm concerned for us all.

What makes you think people don't know what is happening around the world? I imagine most people just don't know how to respond, they are overwhelmed ......... they need good, honest leaders to guide them and consolidate their energy. Plus, most people's time is taken up just surviving day to day.  

• Like 2

The original purpose of the freeway system was for defense.  To be able to transport troops and equipment quickly anywhere in the country.  It shouldn't be unusual to see the military train on them.  In fact it is quite comforting.  After all they are us.  We would do that in my day but grant you on a far smaller scale.  And besides, wasn't Raider Focus in 2015?

• Like 2

Probably going to or from Pinion Canyon maneuver site and Fort Carson

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ouija ouija said:

What makes you think people don't know what is happening around the world? I imagine most people just don't know how to respond, they are overwhelmed ......... they need good, honest leaders to guide them and consolidate their energy. Plus, most people's time is taken up just surviving day to day.  

I suppose the manner in which liberals protested the travel ban & securing our borders, for starters we can touch on that if you care to.

eta

Edited by Ellapennella

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

The original purpose of the freeway system was for defense.  To be able to transport troops and equipment quickly anywhere in the country.  It shouldn't be unusual to see the military train on them.  In fact it is quite comforting.  After all they are us.  We would do that in my day but grant you on a far smaller scale.  And besides, wasn't Raider Focus in 2015?

So about the freeway system, what is happening again in Georgia with that?

eta

I don't remember it the Raider Focus  but I do recall driving alongside a convey during W's term .

Edited by Ellapennella

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

For some time now the US military has been poorly funded and poorly trained. I highly suspect what we're now seeing is simply a reversal of that mind set. Frankly, I don't think it's at all a bad idea to have ones military well equipped and well trained.

I agree.

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

How has it been poorly funded? In 2016 we  spend more on our military then the next 7 largest militaries COMBINED. How can that be considered poorly funded? I mean, seriously, how can that be considered poorly funded?

If you consider that poorly funded, what in your mind is the appropriate funding amount? Should we spend more on our military then all other nations on earth combined?

In my opinion we waste a LOT of money that could be better allocated in our defense spending. I don't think we need to spend more, we need to spend less more wisely.

Edited by Einsteinium
  • Like 4

This: http://taskandpurpose.com/a-look-at-military-spending-under-the-obama-administration/

I'm not an expert in this field but the US does have a far lesser capability for self defense than anytime prior to WWII. Perhaps the issue is what they were spending the money on vs how much? Either way, the world is a very dangerous place and defense of the nation is of high importance.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lilly said:

This: http://taskandpurpose.com/a-look-at-military-spending-under-the-obama-administration/

I'm not an expert in this field but the US does have a far lesser capability for self defense than anytime prior to WWII. Perhaps the issue is what they were spending the money on vs how much? Either way, the world is a very dangerous place and defense of the nation is of high importance.

I think you are right, the issue is what they are spending that money on. They waste a LOT of money. A LOT of money, meanwhile our nation is decaying from within. Rome fell not because their military spending was not enough, but because of corruption and internal issues. We would be wise to learn from that. Having a healthy, educated, well taken care of society is just as if not more important than a strong military if we want to continue to succeed long term on the world stage. If we fall, it will be because of decay from the inside out.

The founding fathers never wanted us to have a standing army like we do now. It was one of the primary reasons for the 2nd amendment, that the citizens would be the defenders of the nation so that a standing army was not required to keep the state secure.

Edited by Einsteinium
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Lilly said:

It's funny, I used to be much more left leaning, much more against "American imperialism". As I get older and especially as the far Left tries to dismantle Western culture, I am becoming consistently more pro-America. If one country is going to outspend and outperform all other military powers, it SHOULD be America: the most free, most accepting country that currently exists. I say, let's be thankful we have bases in over 100 countries. I believe this is best case scenario for the West and ultimately for humanity.

The torch is just lying there on the table. If we don't pick it up, someone else will.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

So about the freeway system, what is happening again in Georgia with that?

eta

I don't remember it the Raider Focus  but I do recall driving alongside a convey during W's term .

Are you referring to the Fall Line Freeway (I14)?  I don't see anything nefarious about it.  The military runs convoys all the time.  I live in Albuquerque.  That's where I40 and I25 (I10 is 3 hours south) intersect so perhaps I see more activity than most??

49 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Are you referring to the Fall Line Freeway (I14)?  I don't see anything nefarious about it.  The military runs convoys all the time.  I live in Albuquerque.  That's where I40 and I25 (I10 is 3 hours south) intersect so perhaps I see more activity than most??

It was on our way back from N.Y to Fl. It was near Fl.

eta

I felt very safe with them nearby.

Edited by Ellapennella

51 minutes ago, Einsteinium said:

How has it been poorly funded? In 2016 we  spend more on our military then the next 7 largest militaries COMBINED. How can that be considered poorly funded? I mean, seriously, how can that be considered poorly funded?

Well, considering that we are weaker than we were prior to WWII, that alone should answer your question.  We use to spend more than the nest 25.  At that point the world had relative peace.  Today the world is nothing but chaos and that can be directly attributed to our retreat from the world stage.  Any 3 or 4 of those next 7 nations could easily join forces and take us out.  Now considering that most of those currently are allies, I doubt that will happen, but allies are fickle over time.  We’ve fought England and France in the past and we probably will again in the future.  Russia and China may become our only allies.  No one knows so it is best to remain vigilant 24x7.

If you consider that poorly funded, what in your mind is the appropriate funding amount? Should we spend more on our military then all other nations on earth combined?

We’re in the hole by some $200+ billion but I think the optimal would be somewhere between $700 and $900 billion.

In my opinion we waste a LOT of money that could be better allocated in our defense spending. I don't think we need to spend more, we need to spend less more wisely.

I agree that we waste a lot.  Government spending is perhaps the most wasteful.  No government program turns a profit.  We need to be smarter in our spending.  In many things, size doesn’t matter but in the military size does indeed matter.  Actually, you need both: large armies and small elite forces.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Do you see & hear lots of BlackHawks? We do all of the time, a lot. I don't mind it at all.  Once coming in from the airport Tampa one had just taken off and while we were on highway it like was right in front of us before it went up, was pretty cool.

eta

not too far from the airport. We don't live in Tampa though,

Edited by Ellapennella

4 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

At that point the world had relative peace.

Times change, more things have changed then simply the US 'retreating from the world stage', it is not that simple and you are smart enough to know that. Also, what time period are you talking about specifically? The stability of the world is cyclical if you study history it is clear that is the case. The US has great power to influence the rest of the world, but we have also played a part in causing some of the chaos because of forced regime changes we backed (think the Shaw of Iran, Nicaragua, Iraq, etc.) and our financing and selling of arms, playing sides all over the world.

Much of this was done not in defense of freedom or defense of democracy, but because of economic interests, you cannot deny that.

1 hour ago, Einsteinium said:

I think you are right, the issue is what they are spending that money on. They waste a LOT of money. A LOT of money, meanwhile our nation is decaying from within. Rome fell not because their military spending was not enough, but because of corruption and internal issues. We would be wise to learn from that. Having a healthy, educated, well taken care of society is just as if not more important than a strong military if we want to continue to succeed long term on the world stage. If we fall, it will be because of decay from the inside out.

The USA of today is largely controlled by corrupt scum that live only to embezzle all the cash they can lay their hands on, and who are also charismatic enough to make the dumbest 51% of the people think they are actually on their side.

And they can steal from the Social budgets just as easily as they can from the Military one.

1 hour ago, Einsteinium said:

The founding fathers never wanted us to have a standing army like we do now. It was one of the primary reasons for the 2nd amendment, that the citizens would be the defenders of the nation so that a standing army was not required to keep the state secure.

That could be done if US citizens were allowed to own Military-grade weapons. However, that is no longer the case.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Do you see & hear lots of BlackHawks? We do all of the time, a lot. I don't mind it at all.  Once coming in from the airport Tampa one had just taken off and while we were on highway it like was right in front of us before it went up, was pretty cool.

eta

not too far from the airport. We don't live in Tampa though,

I see all sorts of military aircraft.  They fly over my office (I work on base).  Kirkland is a major base in the region. 

I would think that the military would use McDill rather than TPA??  Where in the Tampa area do you live?  We are usually in StPetes at least once a year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

The USA of today is largely controlled by corrupt scum that live only to embezzle all the cash they can lay their hands on, and who are also charismatic enough to make the dumbest 51% of the people think they are actually on their side

USA? How do you think the elite of the world became the elite over the years. Why just mention the USA when the corrupt scum can be attributed to many a man the world over.

12 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I see all sorts of military aircraft.  They fly over my office (I work on base).  Kirkland is a major base in the region. 

I would think that the military would use McDill rather than TPA??  Where in the Tampa area do you live?  We are usually in StPetes at least once a year.

LOL Sorry about the way I told that but they did come from off the base right next to the highway that's why it was so surprising it was unexpected we were all like face to face when they came over the lane before they went up.

eta

we were driving home during that time from the airport, it didn't occur at the airport.

We don't live in Tampa. or in  St. Pete but the  beach is beautiful in St. Pete. St. Pete is beautiful, certain  most all areas of Fl. are Beautiful. It's just too hot.

Edited by Ellapennella
typo

2 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

USA? How do you think the elite of the world became the elite over the years. Why just mention the USA when the corrupt scum can be attributed to many a man the world over.

Good point, but the thread topic narrows my replies just a bit.

In days gone by, one Empire or another would collapse and something somewhere else in the world would take over. Today, thanks to how interconnected everything is, a Global collapse appears to be brewing. 

Interesting times, eh?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

Good point, but the thread topic narrows my replies just a bit.

In days gone by, one Empire or another would collapse and something somewhere else in the world would take over. Today, thanks to how interconnected everything is, a Global collapse appears to be brewing. 

Interesting times, eh?

What do mean narrows your replies? How ? The topic is open to all things war or whatever, I don't care what you want to share.

1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

What do mean narrows your replies? How ? The topic is open to all things war or whatever, I don't care what you want to share.

Because I hate it when threads go off the rails and every other thing under the sun gets dragged into it. Diversion is the tactic of the losing side.

• Like 1