Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient carvings confirm deadly comet strike

UM-Bot

9 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

I await swede and no other. Unless he comes back and outlines a position and a list of his references then I'm afraid i will stay away. Enjoy guy's. 

yes ... it appears you have now indeed become afraid ... and it is good that you stay away .   Thats all we ask .

13 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

I await swede and no other. Unless he comes back and outlines a position and a list of his references then I'm afraid i will stay away. Enjoy guy's. 

... and also a thin tactic to avoid the question about carvings representing constellations !

Which you cant answer ... except  " The University said so ." 

.... and STILL  have not answered the Moderator's question ...  about defaming him ! 

Edited by back to earth

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

https://www.universetoday.com/135240/comet-impact-push-humans-technological-overdrive/

Similarly, they suggest that a carved circle at the center of pillar 43 could be interpreted as the Sun. They call this image the “date stamp” because it can be seen as communicating a specific date by indicating which part of the zodiac the Sun was in at the time of carving. By comparing the age of the site (based on carbon dating) to the apparent position of the Sun, they found that it was consistent with the Summer solstice of 10,950 BCE.

You do realize that the zodiac is not relevant to this site as it can't be confirmed that they had a zodiac as current zodiacs are from more recent times.

jmccr8

• Like 2

So when Captain Risky said he would be leaving this thread he was in fact using what Winston Churchill called a "terminological inexactitude". 

Spoiler

A lie

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

You do realize that the zodiac is not relevant to this site as it can't be confirmed that they had a zodiac as current zodiacs are from more recent times.

jmccr8

The zodiac is an area of the sky centered upon the ecliptic, the apparent path of the Sun across the celestial sphere over the course of the year.

Although the zodiac remains the basis of the ecliptic coordinate system in use in astronomy besides the equatorial one,[3] the term and the names of the twelve signs are today mostly associated with horoscopic astrology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zodiac

No body is talking about horoscopic astrology. 

8 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

So when Captain Risky said he would be leaving this thread he was in fact using what Winston Churchill called a "terminological inexactitude". 

Hide contents

A  nother  lie

Sorry .....   I had to correct you .   (reveal comment )

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Hide contents

A lie

Over the years i have established that english is not your first language and as such maybe you should reread everything you post about, twice. I have clearly said that i will re enter the thread when i feel it necessary if something new is introduced. 

5 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Over the years i have established that english is not your first language and as such maybe you should reread everything you post about, twice. I have clearly said that i will re enter the thread when i feel it necessary if something new is introduced. 

Yet you just lied again

6 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

The zodiac is an area of the sky centered upon the ecliptic, the apparent path of the Sun across the celestial sphere over the course of the year.

Although the zodiac remains the basis of the ecliptic coordinate system in use in astronomy besides the equatorial one,[3] the term and the names of the twelve signs are today mostly associated with horoscopic astrology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zodiac

No body is talking about horoscopic astrology. 

Appearently something new came up cuz here you are. You are still imposing modern concepts on a site that has not been proven to have had relevance to the time or the people that constructed GT

jmccr8

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Appearently something new came up cuz here you are. You are still imposing modern concepts on a site that has not been proven to have had relevance to the time or the people that constructed GT

jmccr8

Wasn't this idea already discussed?

• Like 1

• The topic was locked