Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lovecraft in Brooklyn- haunted tour

rashore

Tour Description: Twentieth-century horror writer Howard Phillips Lovecraft, whose persona and works are closely tied with his native Providence, RI, spent just over two years living in Brooklyn. Beset by a troubled marriage, financial difficulties, and a phobia of New York’s immigrant population, Lovecraft produced only a few stories while living in the city–works reflecting his attitude toward the teeming metropolis. Lovecraft’s time in Brooklyn, although difficult, proved  transformative. Upon returning to Providence, H P Lovecraft would immediately produce his most masterful and best-loved works.

This tour will trace a path from Lovecraft’s high hopes at the beginning of his Brooklyn sojourn in Flatbush, to tough times in the area now known as Brooklyn Heights, and artistic renewal beyond....

I came across this tour, and thought it interesting. Please keep in mind this is a commercial haunt and a paid tour- there is a ticket price of 25-30 bucks, with 5 bucks going to the local historical fund. It was recently announced these guys will be having a tour in May and in June..

https://boroughsofthedead.com/lovecraft-in-brooklyn-walking-tour/

And here's the link to the tour itself...

https://boroughsofthedead.com/brooklyn/

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dani10

• rashore

• Monzaria

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn! I wish I knew of this tourwhen I lived in Brooklyn :(

That's awesome. And hopefully parts of those areas might still look like it did during his writings. He's finally getting more notoriety since he did help spark the minds of quite a bit of horror authors.

Hopefully by the time I can afford this they would have a B&B so you can do a Lovecraft weekend......:)