Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

American Airlines suspends employee

Still Waters

AN AMERICAN Airlines employee has been “removed from duty” after hitting a mother with her stroller as he forcibly removed her and her children from a flight before takeoff.

Less than two weeks after the United Airlines debacle in which police were called to forcibly remove a passenger from an overbooked flight, a fellow passenger captured the heated exchange between the American Airlines employee and another passenger who stepped in to defend the crying woman, who is seen holding a baby.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/travel/american-airlines-stands-down-employee-who-hit-woman-holding-a-baby-with-her-own-stroller/news-story/09b5cfd0ad77bc46bea83cba8b5d424c

• Like 5

Just when everyone thought things could not get any worse ...

~

• Like 4

One report stated she was from Argentina and did not understand what the crew member was telling her about regarding the stroller.  And did the Captain just stand there and allow it?  It seems a pretty crazy situation for a woman travelling with two children to be treated like that. 

• Like 6

American Airlines is garbage , pretty much the entire experience with them sucks, always. My flight last week for instance there were water bottles in the lavatories to use for hand washing and I had a 600 lb dude's man boob in my lap while the flight attendants reserved an entire row in  the back of the aircraft for themselves. 

• Like 3

On 4/22/2017 at 4:14 AM, Farmer77 said:

American Airlines is garbage , pretty much the entire experience with them sucks, always. My flight last week for instance there were water bottles in the lavatories to use for hand washing and I had a 600 lb dude's man boob in my lap while the flight attendants reserved an entire row in  the back of the aircraft for themselves. 

Ever seen that movie "Big League" with Tom Berringer and Charlie Sheen?

This is starting to smell the same way. 

Drive the value of the stock down, and then sit back and enjoy the Hostile take-over.

What we see on this video does not reflect our values or how we care for our customers

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/travel/american-airlines-stands-down-employee-who-hit-woman-holding-a-baby-with-her-own-stroller/news-story/09b5cfd0ad77bc46bea83cba8b5d424c

well from what we have been seeing lately...it seems it is how they "care" for their customers.

Come on, bring it on,” the airline employee says, as other airline staff attempt to separate the pair.

WHAT? Bring it on? Was he drunk? No matter what the situation, you do not say this to acustomer...especially on the plane, at least take it outside....the male passenger did tell him to get off the plane, but not sure if it was for a fisty cuffs on the runway though.

• Like 1

Apparently there's no video when the flight attendant struck the mother with the stroller. I'm assuming not intentionally, but in anger and impatience. Agreed, this is not good caring and professional behavior. And obviously, the mother is upset, and crying. I really wish someone else spoke up with their observations of that. I cannot believe someone would be that rough so that they end up hitting a woman, and almost her kids. The flight attendant himself, was still acting unprofessional, (in my opinion), but the female flight attendant seemed to the professional one there and just getting everyone to separate and calm down, and getting water for the upset mother. In fact, I thought that was down right brave. And I agree, if that other worker was the pilot, he just stood there! 

• Like 2

This video shows the incident better but it doesn't show the woman being hit with the stroller. You can see when the pilot comes out of the cockpit.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/22/us/american-airlines-video-confrontation-trnd/

If a stroller has to be checked, how did she get it on the plane? Every plane I've boarded had a flight attendant at the door as I went in. It's not like a stroller is so small it couldn't be seen. Why didn't they tell her then? It could have been checked and this wouldn't have happened.

In any case, you don't treat a woman with two small children like that. That flight attendant was unprofessional and so was the pilot, who only left after the male passenger told him he might be on videotape and soon to be on the news. (This video is fully captioned and longer.)

• Like 5

Maybe we should have a national boycott, a No Fly day of our own. 

It would really hit home if we could all avoid ALL airlines for a day, but maybe that isn't possible. Maybe just United.... and as for a Day....

How does July 4th sound? 

Edited by AnchorSteam

9 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Ever seen that movie "Big League" with Tom Berringer and Charlie Sheen?

This is starting to smell the same way. 

Drive the value of the stock down, and then sit back and enjoy the Hostile take-over.

Bro, its Major League and as an Indians fan that movie is part of my soul ! :lol: 

I think you're onto something  though I just read that American and Delta have both told up to 20 different NFL teams they cant afford to do their charters anymore. Something is definitely afoot. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, susieice said:

This video shows the incident better but it doesn't show the woman being hit with the stroller. You can see when the pilot comes out of the cockpit.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/22/us/american-airlines-video-confrontation-trnd/

Thanks for that, susieice. :) Well, it looked to me, that the pilot was trying to get a pretty good idea of what was going on, since he just got there. And I see he also was trying to restrain the male flight attendant. But, still, I feel the female attendant did the better job of trying to get a handle of the situation. 

If a stroller has to be checked, how did she get it on the plane? Every plane I've boarded had a flight attendant at the door as I went in. It's not like a stroller is so small it couldn't be seen. Why didn't they tell her then? It could have been checked and this wouldn't have happened.

That, I think, is a good question. I was wondering the same thing. I hope somehow, this gets investigated and see if anyone has that part of the story there. 

In any case, you don't treat a woman with two small children like that. That flight attendant was unprofessional and so was the pilot, who only left after the male passenger told him he might be on videotape and soon to be on the news. (This video is fully captioned and longer.)

Yeah, like I said, the only one who seemed to be keeping things from getting worse, is the female flight attendant. (Also the male passenger's female companion. Though, I'm surprised she didn't react when he first got up.) 

It also makes me wonder, if the male flight attendant doesn't have any past record of anger issues. 

7 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Maybe we should have a national boycott, a No Fly day of our own. 

It would really hit home if we could all avoid ALL airlines for a day, but maybe that isn't possible. Maybe just United.... and as for a Day....

How does July 4th sound? 

I remember when nothing was in the air, for four days after 9/11. And my sister was stuck over seas for that time. Longer, than she originally planned to be. And when some flights resumed, my brother-in-law, had to drive from one part of the states to another to pick her up and bring her home. :o 

Though, (having just traveled overnight by train a couple of months ago) train travel is not bad. ;) Takes longer, but probably more relaxing. *shrugs*

• Like 2