Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost filmed walking through stately home

Black Monk

Paranormal investigators on the TV show Most Haunted claim to have captured a ghost on film for the first time in the programme's history.

Described by host Yvette Fielding as the show's most 'ground-breaking' footage to date, the chilling clip shows what appears to be a male figure walking through a doorway and down a dark corridor at Wentworth House in South Yorkshire.

The crew was investigating reports of a ghostly presence inside the stable block at the 17th century mansion, following dozens of unexplained sightings, and 'gobsmacked' Fielding says what they found left her 'sobbing'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4432040/Ground-breaking-footage-ghostly-figure.html

• Like 9

This is the first time a ghost has been captured on camera, it is truly  ground breaking footage!

Until now, I would have said ghosts don't exist, now I  know they do.

Edited by alibongo
  • Like 1

So its not a real person then...that shows title does contradict itself.

MailOnline called it Wentworth House, even though it's called Wentworth Woodhouse. Apart from the royal residences, it's the largest privately owned home in the UK.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1

Interesting.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alibongo said:

This is the first time a ghost has been captured on camera, it is truly  ground breaking footage!

Until now, I would have said ghosts don't exist, now I  know they do.

Because everything on TV is real......

• Like 1

I didn't think they made this show anymore. All I ever see listed are repeats. It would be pretty cool if it turned out to be real.

• Like 1

Is that two staircases that meet down on a landing?

I think this is the third or fourth time Yvette, Karl, Stuart and the team have been to Wentworth Woodhouse. They've been picking up a lot of activity there.

Here's an article on the history, sinister secrets and ghostly sightings at the place: http://www.project-reveal.com/wentworth-ghosts/4540123959

• Like 6

Am I the only one here that thinks there's something Hinky about the footage? I get that the "heard" something which is why they were looking down the hallway in the first place but why did he set the camera down? why didn't they go into the hallway that had the sound instead of waiting in the room for the ghost to make his debut and then they went after it after it left. I don't think this is photo shopped but it could very easily be some one else on there team just walking slowly up the stairs.

• Like 7

My original post disappeared.  Not sure what happened but I don't feel like typing it out again.
Suffice to say, stay skeptical.

Edited by switchopens
Most of my content didn't appear.
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Ring bearer said:

Am I the only one here that thinks there's something Hinky about the footage? I get that the "heard" something which is why they were looking down the hallway in the first place but why did he set the camera down? why didn't they go into the hallway that had the sound instead of waiting in the room for the ghost to make his debut and then they went after it after it left. I don't think this is photo shopped but it could very easily be some one else on there team just walking slowly up the stairs.

No, you're not the only one. I was thinking along similar lines to be honest. As good as the footage looks, it's going to take a lot more than this to convince me that Casper is a 'thing' 

scary%20ghost.gif

• Like 1

Looked like some guy in jeans and a jacket. Hard for me to believe its anything. I think these guys are just full of caca poopoo.

I would love to believe that there are ghosts it would indirectly confirm some type of existence after death but so far, it looks like YOLO.. then its back to oblivion.

The spook's clothing looked pretty modern to me, maybe one of the crew suffice to say this show has been guilty of faking stuff in the past.

I remain a skeptic.

• Like 5

Oh,  I don't know.   CGI is so good now no telling what they may be up to.

If I see it for myself,  live, I'll believe it.

I really  love their Bulldog though.

• Like 1

My thoughts exactly about the modern appearance of the dress of the supposed apparition. The rear view of the bald headed chap (sorry, don't know his name) looked much the same as the ghost as he is filmed going along corridor after it!

• Like 1

I haven't seen this show in years! They took it off long ago here in the U.S. Wish it was still on. 

Rather interesting how ghosts are largely nocturnal and seem to exist in dark dreary abodes. Then again, if one were to show up at a riveting football game, how scary would that be?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

The spook's clothing looked pretty modern to me

So? People do still die.

Edited by Black Monk

39 minutes ago, highdesert50 said:

if one were to show up at a riveting football game, how scary would that be?

Seems they do turn up at football games..... :o

• Like 2

Most haunted filmed near here once they went to a couple of reputedly haunted places  then for some reason walked through a wood then went to a place that has no history of ever being haunted and lo and behold a ghost was contacted as for the ghost as for the clip it does look suspiciously like Stewart the camera man

30 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

So? People do still die.

That they do, but I'm just providing a more feasible alternative explanation for said Ghost.

Most Haunted Fraud..Yvette (the scream at anything) Fielding.....this is as much a ghost as Mary loved Dick was....sorry, but that episode was such a classic...even if they did find a ghost one day, it will never compete.

Anyway, nice to see they are trying to up the entertainment value....as it was getting tidious.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 4