Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost filmed walking through stately home

Black Monk

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

Most Haunted Fraud..Yvette (the scream at anything) Fielding.....this is as much a ghost as Mary loved Dick was....sorry, but that episode was such a classic...even if they did find a ghost one day, it will never compete.

Anyway, nice to see they are trying to up the entertainment value....as it was getting tidious.

Ooooooh you cynic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Ooooooh you cynic.

This is from 2015 and guess what? they now have a film which an alleged ghost in it....well how about that?!!!

“I think that because of the way technology is today – with cameras and editing systems and all the rest of it – if we did film a real ghost on camera, people would say we faked it anyway.

“People would say ‘Oh, well they put that on in the edits’. You can never, ever win and I think that you just have to keep going, and show them every bit of evidence that you have. But you’ll always have sceptics and people that won’t believe. And that’s fine because then we’ll just keep making the show!”

http://tv.bt.com/tv/tv-news/exclusive-yvette-fielding-says-if-most-haunted-filmed-a-ghost-people-would-say-we-faked-it-11363984566731

Guess this means they will keep making the show then. :whistle:

• Like 2

I think it was Bodmin Gaol where a certain skeptic made up a name said he haunted the place and their medium bloke oddly went into a trance when the made up spirit took him over ...... Busted 

• Like 3

It's on 'Really' now apparently. 

Does anyone remember the 'sceptical' parapsychologist from the first series, Jason Karl?  He's an actor. He said time and again that he'd never seen a ghost etc, but then on  another earlier series 'Ghosthunters' (that's the British series which was actually quite good, nothing to do with U.S version of the same name, nor with people running around just interviews with witnesses good old fashioned stuff), saying how he'd seen loads in Chingle Hall, which he was apparently renting out on ghost night excursions. 

Also, there's been some sort of spat with Deredk Acorah hasn't there? God he was embarrassing to watch.

• Like 3

Ah good old Derek.....pure entertainment that man, but anyone remember Derek and Yvettes little rift: lol

Yvette previously branded Derek a “fake” after the programme’s resident skeptic, Ciaran O’Keefe, planted a note before a broadcast to test his credibility.

She said: “Ciaran left a piece of paper around with the name ‘Kreed Kafer’ on it and said, within earshot of Derek, that he was a nasty South African jailor.

“When we started filming, Derek decided to get possessed by this fake person. The name is actually an anagram of Derek Faker.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/telly-medium-derek-acorah-hits-245475

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt221 said:

I think it was Bodmin Gaol where a certain skeptic made up a name said he haunted the place and their medium bloke oddly went into a trance when the made up spirit took him over ...... Busted 

Sorry, just read your post, see my above post: another "classic" from Derek.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Sorry, just read your post, see my above post: another "classic" from Derek.

Oops that'll teach me not to read links sorry

11 minutes ago, Matt221 said:

Oops that'll teach me not to read links sorry

NOOO, it was not you, my post was after yours, I should have quoted your post and added mine to it. So I am sorry....again  :lol:

Oooo, this is all very polite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

She said: “Ciaran left a piece of paper around with the name ‘Kreed Kafer’ on it and said, within earshot of Derek, that he was a nasty South African jailor.

They gave him what name? Jesus!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oldrover said:

They gave him what name? Jesus!

Derek Faker. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldrover said:

No, I was thinking of the nasty South African.

Ah, 'Kafer'

'Tis just a VW Beetle thumb.gif (amongst other things) Suspicious.gif

• Like 1

Way fake, just before the ghost appears the camera is suddenly completely stable? Lol staged, rule of thumb...if the camera person turns the camera around to show their own face during the filming it's 99% of the time fake. Love how heavily edited it is too, no shaking at all. Lmao

I was looking at this on my phone and my 6 year old daughter asked me what I was looking at. I turned down the sound, showed her and asked her what she saw. She replied: "There's a mister walking up the stairs"..... Never doubt the mind of a child, they'll tell you exactly what it is.  

No spook, no spectre, no entity.... Just a guy walking up the stairs. Probably a member of the crew to generate some PR. Especially considering their Limited Company 10632297: MOST HAUNTED EXPERIENCE LIMITED at this moment, is not very healthy in financial terms.

Loads of people never knew the show still aired, including me..... Now we do! 

They'll be raking it in now! ££££ 

Why only 1 camera?   You would think each guy would have a head mounted camera.    

Just now, Myles said:

Why only 1 camera?   You would think each guy would have a head mounted camera.    

That seems like it should be standard for any of these ghost or cryptozoological shows. How many times do they say "ooh I just saw" XYZ? If they had a head mounted camera we then could see it too (or not) 

• Like 1

It's great that they had the camera perfectly still and centered to get this amazing shot!

Seriously,  how are people still this stupid to believe this crap?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Gary Meadows said:

Seriously,  how are people still this stupid to believe this crap?

Because they want to believe it. No amount of evidence will sway them unfortunately. 

• Like 1

On 23/04/2017 at 11:16 AM, freetoroam said:

Most Haunted Fraud..Yvette (the scream at anything) Fielding.....this is as much a ghost as Mary loved Dick was....sorry, but that episode was such a classic...even if they did find a ghost one day, it will never compete.

Anyway, nice to see they are trying to up the entertainment value....as it was getting tidious.

The Derek Acorah years have to be the most horrific episodes ever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

The Derek Acorah years have to be the most horrific episodes ever.

I disagree, I saw one of the more recent ones a few months ago, it was much worse. Which you wouldn't think was achievable. 

• Like 3

Nobody can conclude anything on this with certainty from our distance. I will add this to my great 'and' statement.

My great 'and' statement goes:  For me to believe there is no such thing as the paranormal every alleged paranormal event must ultimately be normal (even granted that the normal cause can often not exactly be determined) and that includes case1 AND case2 AND case3..AND.....case999 .....the three or four new ones I read today, etc..

The 'AND' means any one can render the paranormal true (and I know of some good supported ones and from people I know). So  what are the chances there is no paranormal things?

Edited by papageorge1

Just now, papageorge1 said:

The 'AND' means any one can render the paranormal true (and I know of some good supported ones and from people I know). So  what are the chances there is no paranormal things?

Zero. Thats just from personal experience though. I get that people who havent experienced them want proof or evidence but I just have zero interest in even debating the fact, it is a fact that paranormal things exist and happen. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Zero. Thats just from personal experience though. I get that people who havent experienced them want proof or evidence but I just have zero interest in even debating the fact, it is a fact that paranormal things exist and happen. 

LOL....I first took 'Zero' as an attack on me (as I am so used to criticism when I go to this form). So, thanks for seeing my argument.

So in the bigger picture this OP case (like all such cases is quite interesting) but is not really important to any bigger issues.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

For me to believe there is no such thing as the paranormal every alleged paranormal event must ultimately be normal (even granted that the normal cause can often not exactly be determined)

^Is this riddle?

like " someone burgled my house, but did not steal anything"

• Like 1