Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost filmed walking through stately home

Black Monk

This video looks as fake as a kiss from my step-mother.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dani10 said:

This video looks as fake as a kiss from my step-mother.

Play matchmaker then. Even for a one hour fling.

3 hours ago, xxxdemonxxx said:

The fact they are well known for fakes to get attention. Good enough for me. They just aren't trust worthy.

Real or posed, it is all art. Ghost are performance artists too. Better than the real "dead" people.

Ghosts want your attention and you talk back like babies and record them like parents.

Breath, slow, one here can hear. We need translator to teach us how to listen.

Samuel thought it was a ghost maybe? It was big ghost mist by night.

Samuel prayed with intention Big Ghost speak, your servant is listening.

Eli taught him and now Eli teach you.

Edited by I hide behind words

8 hours ago, Stiff said:

Early helmet testing.jpg

That is how i felt before and people laughed.

I learned i was trapped in and did it right. I went from dead to real life.

So that is what i will do one day again, from inside to outside, they will run next time.

One day i will do just as him in ghost art pic and but breakdance on wall, moon walk, and take a hat from their head and demand dollars and give it back to man who might need it.

• Like 1

If you watch the BBC news when there's a report live from the Westminster studio the backdrop is of traffic crossing the bridge,look carefully and there's a bus that travels right to left across the bridge as it gets just passed the interviewe'sshoulder it gradually dissappears because of the back drop film being on a loop I saw on tv someone questioned this the answer was to keep continuity the broadcast is live and a background was a recording I'm guessing the most haunted team done a similar thing 

This finally proves the existence of ghosts.     ..just kidding.

although not convinced by this episode... I think there may be a scientific reality behind  "ghost" sightings.....

I wonder if it may be possible for physical events to somehow be  recorded In or On. Space... .

Whatever that turns out to Be,  when it becomes better understood.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2017 at 6:27 PM, Farmer77 said:

Yeah man you take some beatings for sure, gotta admire your persistence though!  Having had some crazy experiences throughout my life im really a believer in anything's possible. That doesnt mean ill accept everything put out there without a critical eye but the paranormal, Aliens and to a lesser extent cryptozoology arent really areas where I feel like being overly dogmatic is productive. 

All of that said the OP video is IMO highly questionable 

I consider myself a skeptical believer, even though I've had some strange experiences throughout my life that I couldn't explain. Only people who have never had something happen to them can say it's not real. Could there be a rational explanation for some of these experiences? Of course there could be, but when you see or hear something odd the first thing you do is look for that rational explanation, and when you can't find one you become a skeptical believer.

I also believe that anything's possible, just not when it comes to this show. I watch all of them, and not even knowing about all the fakery, I found this particular show to be the least credible. It would be cool if it was real, but unfortunately it's not.

anyway, I just wanted to say to both you and papageorge1 that it takes a lot of guts to post a comment that contains anything other than a purely skeptical point of view, and I thank you both for that.:D

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Future ghost said:

anyway, I just wanted to say to both you and papageorge1 that it takes a lot of guts to post a comment that contains anything other than a purely skeptical point of view, and I thank you both for that.:D

Your welcome, but do you mean on this forum particularly (or in general). I am a skeptic too, but the quantity, quality and consistency of evidence for the paranormal is to me overwhelming.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Your welcome, but do you mean on this forum particularly (or in general). I am a skeptic too, but the quantity, quality and consistency of evidence for the paranormal is to me overwhelming.

Both on this forum and in general, but mostly this forum as it has a very large number of skeptics. I've read some of your responses to people who have had unexplained experiences and you are always polite and respectful, never doubt what the person is saying and always offer them a possible reason why they are having this problem. That is a rare thing to see, especially in an ocean full of steadfast doubters. So, keep up the good work, and go Michigan!

• Like 1

I am UM Wolverines alumni and a huge football fan. Loving my Jim Harbaugh as coach.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 2:57 PM, lightly said:

This finally proves the existence of ghosts.     ..just kidding.

although not convinced by this episode... I think there may be a scientific reality behind  "ghost" sightings.....

I wonder if it may be possible for physical events to somehow be  recorded In or On. Space... .

Whatever that turns out to Be,  when it becomes better understood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Tape Perhaps?

• Like 1

On 4/23/2017 at 2:06 PM, Black Monk said:

So? People do still die.

The bit to question is not the clothes, or the fact that people die, but the fact that ghosts being proven real would change everything. Most of what we know about biology, evolution and physics would be in question. 

"Ghosts" need a damn sight higher standard of evidence than this.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2017 at 11:52 PM, papageorge1 said:

Standard of evidence shouldn't vary from person to person. The scientific model requires a certain level of evidence, this level hasn't been met in this area. Nowhere near. 

That you're uncritical enough to view it as "overwhelming" isn't something to be proud of.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

Standard of evidence shouldn't vary from person to person. The scientific model requires a certain level of evidence, this level hasn't been met in this area. Nowhere near. 

That you're uncritical enough to view it as "overwhelming" isn't something to be proud of.

Science can not study what is outside of its range at this point in history. I am thinking science only understands about 5% of this mind bogglingly complex interconnected and entangled universe. I have become certain that conscious experiences can experience things beyond the range of today's science (from my objective consideration of the evidence). And I am well aware of the skeptical arguments to 'explain it all away', but the evidence against physicalism as it is currently understood is overwhelming in my view.

Study it all and judge for yourself. If we disagree, there is no changing that I'm sure.

16 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Science can not study what is outside of its range at this point in history. I am thinking science only understands about 5% of this mind bogglingly complex interconnected and entangled universe. I have become certain that conscious experiences can experience things beyond the range of today's science (from my objective consideration of the evidence). And I am well aware of the skeptical arguments to 'explain it all away', but the evidence against physicalism as it is currently understood is overwhelming in my view.

Study it all and judge for yourself. If we disagree, there is no changing that I'm sure.

We've had this argument before. If something cannot be studied, at least theoretically, by the scientific model, then it doesn't exist.

To say you believe that something exists but this existence cannot be proven by any current methods is both moving the goalposts and special pleading. All this is ignoring the fact that apparently cameras can capture images of ghosts - yet they cannot be meaningfully studied? How can something affect equipment yet be outside the realm of scientific understanding? That makes zero sense.

I'm not going to "judge for myself". That isn't how science works. Evidence is evidence, there isn't "evidence in my view".  

If you cannot show at least how something can be disproved using the scientific method, then it is as good as imaginary.

• Like 3

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 4:27 AM, Emma_Acid said:

We've had this argument before. If something cannot be studied, at least theoretically, by the scientific model, then it doesn't exist.

Hmmm....the Higgs Boson didn't exist a hundred years ago . Someone better tell the things that don't exist today that they don't exist.

12 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Hmmm....the Higgs Boson didn't exist a hundred years ago . Someone better tell the things that don't exist today that they don't exist.

Yes it did, we just didn't know about it. But as soon as we developed the standard model, physicists were able to fill in the gaps and predict something like the Higgs. As soon as you build certain parts of the jigsaw, others can be theorised, if not tested.

But this isn't what your argument is. Your argument is that the paranormal cannot be studied. You can photograph it, sure, but you can't study it. In addition to that, despite the fact that you cannot study this stuff, you personally have amassed enough evidence on it that you are completely convinced of its existence.

So, in conclusion - the paranormal exists, you can photograph it, it chills the room, you can collect evidence for it... but you can't scientifically study it.

Can you please tell me you see the flaw in your argument?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

Yes it did, we just didn't know about it. But as soon as we developed the standard model, physicists were able to fill in the gaps and predict something like the Higgs. As soon as you build certain parts of the jigsaw, others can be theorised, if not tested.

But this isn't what your argument is. Your argument is that the paranormal cannot be studied. You can photograph it, sure, but you can't study it. In addition to that, despite the fact that you cannot study this stuff, you personally have amassed enough evidence on it that you are completely convinced of its existence.

So, in conclusion - the paranormal exists, you can photograph it, it chills the room, you can collect evidence for it... but you can't scientifically study it.

Can you please tell me you see the flaw in your argument?

The flaw was in your assumption that I said the paranormal cannot be studied. What I have always maintained is that it can not be directly studied with today's physical instruments. As for the future?? This is much like the Higgs Boson that could not be studied a hundred years ago with the instruments of that time.

13 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

...the Higgs Boson didn't exist a hundred years ago .

Funny statement. And you really feel well prepared to discuss science issues, science in general and to give a percentage value (5%) about how much of the world around us has been explained by science yet?

3 minutes ago, toast said:

Funny statement. And you really feel well prepared to discuss science issues, science in general and to give a percentage value (5%) about how much of the world around us has been explained by science yet?

Not to embarrass you, but go back and study the context of that quote clip from me. The context will show it was meant sarcastically.

15 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The flaw was in your assumption that I said the paranormal cannot be studied. What I have always maintained is that it can not be directly studied with today's physical instruments. As for the future?? This is much like the Higgs Boson that could not be studied a hundred years ago with the instruments of that time.

No, you've consistently argued on these forums that paranormal cannot be studied using the scientific method.

Your argument constantly moves the goal posts and indulges in special pleading. Anyone who even vaguely understands science should realise that there is more to discover than we will ever know. But you cannot tell me that there is photographic evidence of the paranormal yet this same phenomena cannot be studied with "today's physical instruments". 

I will repeat what I have said countless times before. If science cannot study something, even theoretically, then it cannot be said to exist. The Higgs was studied theoretically years before we actually found it - but you, nor anyone else who believes in the paranormal, can offer even the slightest hint of how you can theoretically study ghosts. 

Why? Because it's made up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Emma_Acid said:

No, you've consistently argued on these forums that paranormal cannot be studied using the scientific method.

Show me where I said that. Perhaps you misunderstood. If equipment for detecting the paranormal existed THEN it could be studied with the scientific method but NOW it can not be studied with the scientific method.

Show me where I said that. Perhaps you misunderstood. If equipment for detecting the paranormal existed THEN it could be studied with the scientific method but NOW it can not be studied with the scientific method.

Of course it can .... you just dont like the results that come up when it is .... so    "Cant be done ... sorry ... impossible . "

More laughs from de Pappa   :D  

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 2

On 5/3/2017 at 2:27 PM, Emma_Acid said:

All this is ignoring the fact that apparently cameras can capture images of ghosts - yet they cannot be meaningfully studied? How can something affect equipment yet be outside the realm of scientific understanding? That makes zero sense.

This. I've raised this issue previously as well. If ghosts are outside of the 'physical realm' then how come they can be captured within the lens of a camera (for starters - the lens can only capture when photons hit a physical object). How come some claim to bump across ghosts when they obviously lack a physical body? And if ghosts do have a physical/material existence, then how come they are believed to be able to move through solid surfaces, such as a wall?

Even keeping science aside, there are too many contradictions in these 'ghostly phenomenon' (even if I were to look at it from the perspective of the paranormal).

23 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

If the ghosts can be photograped within the lens of a camera, recorded on a magnetic tape, and drastic changes in temperature can be captured in thermometer ... then what's stopping them from being objectively analyzed? If you truly believe the paranormal interacts on the same physical world as us, then any instrument can detect them. (And if you believe they are outside the natural world, then there shouldn't be ectoplasms and mysterious orbs either).

• Like 3