Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How does it feel to die?

EllJay

I leave the question open.

I know of all the NDE's, but I like to hear from people brushing with death (non NDE)

I had a drowning once, and it was pretty uckin far from the "peaceful acceptance" some professed.

Have you been really near death??? (leave any NDE out)

• Like 1

shock blackness nothing   ... then I woke up .

(well, they all do, otherwise no one would be here to tell us what really happens  )    hmmmm ... that may not have made sense :D 

• Like 1

You awaken in your true form, realizing life was but a dream.

• Like 2

Hmmm I died twice both due to drowning. Scary at first then just sleep. The water was cold but it became a non issue pretty soon.  To me Death is a long long sleep you never wake up from. I don`t remeber seeing anything like a bright light or any beings. Just as best as I can say it was dark but not really that scary.

• Like 2

I died once, while on an elevator of a hospital I was in. I was talking to a woman I was in the same room with and I told her hold on a minute. There was a doctor in the elevator, I knew there was something wrong with me, I tap the doctor on the shoulder and I ask are you a doctor? He says yes, and I look him in the eyes and say, Help me. And I died, I woke up and I was in a meadow of beautiful purple flowers and the greenest grass and trees you've never seen, I look across the meadow and there is a girl and boy dressed in white and they loook at me and I look at them and start to wave at them and start walking towards them. And then I wake up to the same doctor giving me chest compressions and he's asking me my name. He ended up being a very well known cardiologist and he brought me back to life. It was a beautiful place, and light and warm, it was heaven. 

• Like 1

Me to from two separate cases of drowning in water , all I remember is being a  swirling  tunnel.

It's all blurry for me, my one time. All I remember is--either God or the Anesthesiologist bore a remarkable resemblance to Bull Shannon from Night Court. 

• Like 4

The experience of dying will vary from person to person depending on the way they die.

All those who were near death and recover may be recalling mental processes from a dying brain

The only thing we know for sure is what non existence is like This is probably the most likely experience with a full and complete death.

NOn existence is the state we existed in before we were conceived

Not really so scary, except by comparison with being alive

• The title was changed to How does it feel to die?

Death will take us to a place sometimes visited in dreams where it shows us what our gifts are in them.

Also astral projection can take us there. For some who help others in groups. For others astral is between here and there as they are not called to help and explore on their own to teach others who might be called.

It won't be exact as big dreaming and full astral uses what we know in this life to reconstruct that world.

Third heaven is after that or merging back into all. 

Some can finish this life and have a heaven come into being, where they help others onto third heaven, and other assigents, and get new challenges and new gifts.

That is a way to die while alive. Dying feels like giving in to all problems, allowing them to be accepted finally as others you have addressed beyond simple physical world capacity.

Spiritually one must be an instrument to do this and most can if they find their gift.

Then here on this earth you will see new problems, others, and even nonhumans, who need your help.

Death is like being free of all we knew and making yourself free to be used. And it is also boring like life can be here.

Edited by I hide behind words
  • Like 1

On 4/22/2017 at 6:40 PM, EllJay said:

How does it feel to die?

I had a very long illness. My body became emaciated, and after the third week I became invalid due to lack of energy and appetite. The decaying process started probably three or four days before my death.

Death after two in the morning. I somehow knew I was going to die. So, before dusk I forced myself to crawl to the bathroom to take my last shower, in spite of everything. When my hour had finally arrived, I was prepared to meet the unknown: my body was in full meditation pose, even though the slime of decay had started again. I was wide awake when my heart had suddenly stopped, and my entire life had passed by like a fast train of thought -- I even heard my last sigh. The life force exited through the top of my (metaphysical) forehead. I didn't see a tunnel, but what I did see was my being exiting the realm of light through a tiny hole-like passage way. Before the "outer darkness," or Void, I saw the boundary of light and darkness, like a veil.

Coming back to my body was physically painful (aside from the death chill of my body in the early hours of winter Feb.). I had never felt anything like it, especially since I was not on anesthetic. It was like being burned alive, but at the same, I was very grateful.

Peace.

• Like 2

On 4/23/2017 at 2:40 AM, EllJay said:

I had a drowning once, and it was pretty uckin far from the "peaceful acceptance" some professed.

Brilliant! That's the funniest sentence I've read for a while. 

My own closest experience with dying was also a near drowning, felt pretty calm really, desperate to survive but it all seemed quite civil.

My father was in a burning building during the Blitz, it was also used as an ammunition dump and his exit was blocked, he always said that he felt OK about it.  No fear just acceptance. 

• Like 1

Ehrman Pagels 1, "I was prepared to meet the unknown: my body was in full meditation pose The life force exited through the top of my (metaphysical) forehead. I didn't see a tunnel, but what I did see was my being exiting the realm of light through a tiny hole-like passage way. Before the "outer darkness," or Void, I saw the boundary of light and darkness, like a veil".

Are you sure you weren't dreaming? Did you become your Christ consciousness? :)

I got a glimpse beyond the Veil in 1983. You cannot put it into words. So what do I do? Write a whole long blog trying to tell everyone about It <eye-roll> Death has to be a mystery. Way too much to go into here. My blog is called Hearts of Paradox if you want to go into it more. (Not a plug. I'm not selling anything.) One reader even described me as "not a nutcase"). Very proud of that. ;-)

In a nut-shell, dying is like waking-up because this reality will be a relative illusion (or dream) at that point. What you encounter is up to you. You are pure creator at this point. If you don't know what to expect, and bring fear with you, things could be random and unpleasant. People who expect a void will exist in a void. Tough one to get out of though because you are outside of time thus don't become bored and try to create or interact with anything. Hope is the engine that pulls you forward. Fear is the brakes.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2017 at 3:00 AM, Mr Walker said:

The experience of dying will vary from person to person depending on the way they die.

All those who were near death and recover may be recalling mental processes from a dying brain

The only thing we know for sure is what non existence is like This is probably the most likely experience with a full and complete death.

NOn existence is the state we existed in before we were conceived

Not really so scary, except by comparison with being alive

Only scary if we're alive? Hahahaha!

On 4/22/2017 at 9:40 PM, EllJay said:

I leave the question open.

I know of all the NDE's, but I like to hear from people brushing with death (non NDE)

Have you been really near death??? (leave any NDE out)

It's rather long process. The first thing is that you know clearly that you are going to die. In my case, my death was unexpected by anyone, not the doctor and not myself. However when it came I knew clearly (some sort of prophesying) that I was going to die. I knew another thing clearly that there's an injection which was the last hope (it's confirmed so after my returning back) could possibly save me (it's like another prophesying). I figure that the soul knows in a clearer sense of what's going on.

I was in a panic and tried to first make a phone call and second to call the doctor for such a last-hope-injection. However, I could only sit up half way (I figure that it's my soul which was sitting up), yet something dragging me back to the lying position. I figure later (i.e., long after returning back) that it's the body which dragged the soul back to the body's lying position. I tried a second time but it failed again the same way, that is, I sat up but being dragged back. In a nutshell, the body is more like a cocoon while the soul is more the worm trying to get out of it.

It's rather long process. Followed by is another prophesying process, I perceived that something was trying to get out of me. I knew clearly (kinda prophesying sense) that if it's coming out there would be no returning back. I tried to keep it inside me but after struggling for a while I thought that it's pointless and that I had to let go. So something came out of me. For quite some time l thought that it's my soul as I had no concept about Christianity or soul or spirit. I figure later that it should be my spirit. It did something truly surprising. At the moment when it came out, it made a truly load roar but through my mouth. The roar is from my mouth but not controlled by me but by the spirit. And for a long time (a year or so) I failed to find a way to describe its shape. Yet a year later when browsing a wall painting in my church, I suddenly saw a figure which looked so much like the shape of spirit. It's a painting about how the Holy Spirit falling upon Jesus during His baptism. So now I found the most proper description of the shape of my own spirit. It's vibrating and taking the shape of a flying dove. Moreover, along with my loud roar, I heard that there were echos from other persons. It seemed to me that somehow a crowd of people were watching how my spirit coming out of me, However they couldn't be seem. I could only heard there echoing wows.

Then it's followed by a long wait. I had plenty of time thinking about what could possibly happen to my family after my death. How my wife and kid would live without me, I worried about them. Whether they could successfully claim the insurance after my death. Then I started to think about what could be then next. I ever heard of some NDEs before (but not seriously) that some kind of white tunnel would appear. So I wondered if a white tunnel would open next. Then however about hell, did hell exist or not. Would I go to hell if so. Then I started to think about God. I wondered if God existed or whether He would pick me up to heaven. Still after a long wait, it's just darkness, no white tunnel and not God's going to pick me up. Then suddenly it came with a very strong feeling of being abandoned. Then I started to pray that , "Oh Lord, please save me. Oh Lord save me". 

It's still in a long wait, but now I perceived that a space is opened. I figure later that the perception of "space opened" is a result of my soul started to separate from my body, which leading to the perception of a dimension being opened. As it's still in a wait that I even thought of if there's anyway for scientists to discover this dimension or extra space. Then I felt a strong stress in my heart. It seemed to me that my heart beat was still there, I needed to wait for it to come to a complete stop to complete the dying process. It's truly uncomfortable with the heart pressure there. Then suddenly an external force grabbed me up to the almost sitting position, it then followed by a process which I believe now to be a process of putting me to a deep sleep. The invisible external force is from God who tried to put me in a long sleep (till the resurrection on the judgment day, I believe). Then I (actually my soul) was dropped back to the lying position. I knew clearly (prophesying sense) now that it's my last moment in this world. The heart was gone as my heart beat was gone. So I sided my head to the left (I figure later that when putting to such a deep sleep one may lose the sense of time). 

However suddenly I saw light. It's normal light. I could tell that I was still in the same lying position with my head turning to the left. So I 'jump' up to the sitting position. And this time I truly sat up, there's nothing dragging me back. I was back. It's sunshine afternoon. The darkness I saw during the whole process is supposed to be seen by each and every soul in Hades. When your soul gets out of the body it is in Hades right away. If God chooses not to put you to a deep sleep, you will be awaken in Hades. Perhaps watching how others die with their spirits coming out is your only hobby there. 

Now I was back so I started to think over the whole process of my death. But things were not over yet. I figure that it's because my soul was not yet completely well combined with my body that I could still hear and see things in Hades....

Then it's followed by a truly scary event, and that's when I already coming back. Something or someone out there was pursuing me, I believed that it/he's trying to kill me. However he's on the other side of space and didn't seem to be able to touch me while I was in this dimension. It's a cherub with a regular deceptive smile and a regular gnashing of teeth. I didn't know what it was back then (later I figure that it's a cherub). So I yelled "ghost, ghost"....

It last for more than 40 minutes where I met with this cherub face to face, and with all the doctors (4 of them) and all the nurses around me on the scene. They wouldn't see it though as I figure later that I could see it because my soul was not yet fully with my body. It's my soul which still saw things in that dimension/space referred to as Hades. All they could do was to continue to test my consciousness with questions which I wished that they could just ask something more difficult such as maths calculation. However I was confirmed to be fully conscious. I also passed the visual tests given to me. I myself also tried different ways to see if it's just a delusion. However, the cherub was in the same position all the times staring at me from a distance around 1.5 meters away. I closed my eyes I couldn't see him/it, I opened my eye it's always there. I tried to see it/him from the different angles, and it/he's there in the position. I turned around from it/him then I wouldn't see him/it, but after turning my head back it/he's still there.

The most scary part is not how it looked like (he looked truly scary already). The scary part is that he kept casting fear on me that this situation would last forever. I might have to see him/it face to face the rest of my life and even after my death. That's the feeling he kept casting for me to perceive. 

Some verses which were brought to me attention,

Matthew 25:30 (NIV2011)
30  And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

This verse, disregarding how you my interpret it, still best describes my 40 minutes more encounter with the cherub.

The feeling of being abandoned, and the coming out of the spirit along with a loud cry out are in Jesus' death too. 

I believe that what I experienced was as true death, thus I can also tell that what Jesus experienced was a true death too!

Matthew 27:50 (NIV2011)
50  And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.

Matthew 27:46 (NIV2011)
46  About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”).

Of course, I figure later that God did all these to me for a purpose, which left me here with a job to do.

Edited by Hawkins
  • Like 1

That was a oertt compressive NDE for ya

I had a few, but my lateset was ariund brath & air.

I lay in bed, and sunnddenly I fel both of my feet go ice.cold, like led. I felt it slowly works it way up mu foots, calfs, and then my thihhs. And when it tsraterd to go up my abdomen, I got really scared, since I fekt it mest with my breath which didnt work at the timne.I had ice.cold feets & lef´hs, and now it waws coming over my torsos. And it was like a viuce in me **** that, if yiu come up here you got a fickt. And that aws how I felt. I flipped  out of bed, onto 5the floor, but I colnt eela new fresh of breat. This **** was following me...I got up, dranl lots of water, walked around in the apoortiment, ..and fr a few seconds it felts like; my heart could stop here right now, and NO PN whould give a ****.

But iI can say thos pending 20sec before I felt anything, it started long donwn the toes. My toes said something was wrong. They started to be comatose - then I felt thins oncoming paralyxastio and it tokk 3-4 min. Startered lonh down my legss, and worked itself up to my chest, when I realised this was serious.

If you never had the "privilege" of veigg out of air, and air/oxygen) is the primare for ou to stay alive, then you never been close to death, in the snense of impending doom.

Edit: My drunk- typing might not be koshker,, A-OK. lol

EDIT; dam;, this was a response to a conversation 2with  a dud on another forum....it needed up here though.

Edited by EllJay

• 1 month later...