Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aliens on the moon

11 hours ago, AustinHinton said:

If that's what you choose to believe it is, that's fine.

It's nothing to do with belief. Conspiracy theories are damaging. Blindly accepting ideas about aliens on the moon represents the middle ground in an arena where the extremes are dangerous (like for example the idea in South Africa that HIV is a man made, western disease). 

If you think that an idea has merit, base it on actual evidence, and if you think it has actual evidence, then table it here. 

This is about the objective quality of the argument, not a subjective opinion.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, AustinHinton said:

What do you mean by "apparently"...?

The supposed Photograph, found in what was thought to be a "dud" roll of film:

as17-135-20680ew2.jpg.7be68b9e62a2caaa5338adb9cb57096e.jpg

Weird how they stumbled across the greatest discovery of all time and only took one photo. This is what I mean about the quality of evidence. Look at this objectively. Don't look at it as something you'd like to be true. Does this add up?

Edited by Emma_Acid
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, omni9 said:

True 

But how did the gravity of Earth capture the moon in first place ? Is the question .

We didn't capture it, and the earth's gravity isn't holding it. I know what you're doing - "just asking questions", and hoping that someone will come back and tell you its artificial and built by unicorns (or whatever).

• Like 2

16 hours ago, AustinHinton said:

What do you mean by "apparently"...?

The supposed Photograph, found in what was thought to be a "dud" roll of film:

as17-135-20680ew2.jpg.7be68b9e62a2caaa5338adb9cb57096e.jpg

That's actually an extremely heavily processed version of the photo.   Attached is what it really looks like.

And it wasn't thought to be a "dud roll of film" at all.  You can see high resolution scans of the entire cartridge that that photograph came from at the following link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/projectapolloarchive/albums/72157659055218291/page1  Plenty of perfect photos in that roll, along with some individual duds.

Looking at it in context, it's probably just an overexposed photo of part of the LRV, given the other poor quality photos of the LRV in the same sequence.  In fact, it's described in NASA's files as "LRV floor? Sunstruck" (https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a17/images17.html#MagG).  If you look at the entire set of Apollo 17 photographs, there's a bunch of useless photos like this.  Blown-out, overexposed, weird colour artefacts, etc.

Looking at it in context, to suggest it's an alien pyramid is a pretty silly suggestion.

Apollo 11 pyramid.jpg

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, omni9 said:

True 

But how did the gravity of Earth capture the moon in first place ? Is the question .

A giant space chicken laid it.

I have documentary evidence of it.

16 hours ago, AustinHinton said:

I'm really starting to regret taking my conspiracy cap off...

If that's what you choose to believe it is, that's fine. Whatever helps you sleep at night. ;) 

Sadly, the absence of a statuesque red-head with a Scottish accent is the only thing that's in the way of preventing me sleeping well at night. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, omni9 said:

True 

The moon is what's left over from something big colliding with the Earth very early in it's life. Which is why the moon is made of the exact same stuff the Earth is.

We have not made alien contact or found anything. If we had, the governments would not have a procedure in place for what to do if it ever happens. Right now it's looking likely we aren't alone, anything is possible, but most government around the world have given up trying to find any evidence because it's just been a money pit all along.

Edited by Finity

On 5/14/2017 at 1:39 PM, Big Mirk said:

They test missiles and its rumoured - have launched rockets from - Ronald Reagan Minuteman Missile Site.

Could not find my response so I hope I am not duplicating a post.

Lots of countries test missiles, but a missile is not going t o get to the Moon. The recent launches by North Korea are chicken farts compared to the rockets that took the Apollo crews to the Moon.

Ronald Reagan missile site is now a tourist attraction. I've been to one of those tourist sites east of Rapid City. You think they launch rockets from tourist sites?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, stereologist said:

Could not find my response so I hope I am not duplicating a post.

Lots of countries test missiles, but a missile is not going t o get to the Moon. The recent launches by North Korea are chicken farts compared to the rockets that took the Apollo crews to the Moon.

Ronald Reagan missile site is now a tourist attraction. I've been to one of those tourist sites east of Rapid City. You think they launch rockets from tourist sites?

I cant remember where I read about it but in the 80s it was claimed that several rockets were launched from a missile testing site & the name Reagan was in its name.

Edited by Big Mirk

14 hours ago, Big Mirk said:

I cant remember where I read about it but in the 80s it was claimed that several rockets were launched from a missile testing site & the name Reagan was in its name.

Was it raygun or something similar?

A rocket is not a lunar launch. I've launched rockets and none escaped Earth's gravity. Can a minuteman silo hold a rocket capable of sending someone to the Moon?

20 hours ago, stereologist said:

Was it raygun or something similar?

A rocket is not a lunar launch. I've launched rockets and none escaped Earth's gravity. Can a minuteman silo hold a rocket capable of sending someone to the Moon?

Tell me, why in the world would you want to use facts and logic to mess up a perfectly good fantasy?

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 4:57 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

A giant space chicken laid it.

I have documentary evidence of it.

Sadly, the absence of a statuesque red-head with a Scottish accent is the only thing that's in the way of preventing me sleeping well at night. 

I'm sorry you don't have your red-head. :(

*Deleted*

Edited by AustinHinton

4 hours ago, AustinHinton said:

I'm sorry you don't have your red-head. :(

Not as sorry as I am <_<

• Like 1