Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Avatar sequels finally given release dates

Still Waters

James Cameron's Avatar sequels have finally been given release dates, after years of false starts and delayed announcements.

The first, currently untitled sequel will hit theatres on 18 December 2020, while the rest will be released on 17 December 2021, 20 December 2024, and 19 December 2025.

20th Century Fox also announced that production on the four films is officially underway, with Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Sigourney Weaver and Stephen Lang returning to their roles.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/james-cameron-apos-avatar-sequels-150700170.html

• Like 3

Great graphics, mediocre anti-capitalist anti-military story. Was rather painful to watch, it was so inane and predictable. Great fiction it wasn't.

• Like 1

I heard that the next one takes place underwater. Although that would hinder any dialog I imagine. I think the original only did so well thanks to the bio illuminescent CG work which made the planet visually more alien than the stuff we were used to before that, as nothing else about the movie was very good. The Pocahontas rip off memes were funny though.

• Like 1

I never understood the hype about that movie. It was just another sci-fi story. The CGI back than were great but that was about it. My favourite movie that year was by far inception. I'm still screaming at that damn dreidel to drop haha

• Like 2

I agree with most on here.   The movie was not very good.  It was visually nice.  

I'm not sure it has the following to have successful sequels.   This has flop written all over it.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2017 at 10:04 AM, Hammerclaw said:

Great graphics, mediocre anti-capitalist anti-military story. Was rather painful to watch, it was so inane and predictable. Great fiction it wasn't.

Im a sucker for the anti-empire trope and even I found it hard to watch.

Just now, Myles said:

I agree with most on here.   The movie was not very good.  It was visually nice.  

I'm not sure it has the following to have successful sequels.   This has flop written all over it.

Im surprised by the responses on here honestly I thought it was a universally loved movie and i was just weird LOL

• Like 2

That's odd, I thought it was a great movie. We have it DVD and my wife watches in over, and over, and over. :huh:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

That's odd, I thought it was a great movie. We have it DVD and my wife watches in over, and over, and over. :huh:

Are you serious?     It was on TV the other day so I thought I'd watch it for a bit.   Lasted maybe 5 minutes. 

I'd rather see a sequel to Ice Pirates.

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Im a sucker for the anti-empire trope and even I found it hard to watch.

Im surprised by the responses on here honestly I thought it was a universally loved movie and i was just weird LOL

Nah, just another antimilitary flick by an aging hippy, with a stale, '70s movie-of-the-week plot wrapped in good acting and glittering graphics.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Soccergirl13 said:

I never understood the hype about that movie. It was just another sci-fi story. The CGI back than were great but that was about it. My favourite movie that year was by far inception. I'm still screaming at that damn dreidel to drop haha

yeah inception was one of a kind and in my opinion an underated movie. Had a great diverse cast and great acting. I just wish they would tell us what really happens at the end. You know.. the top! :P

I enjoyed the film, (it was spectacularly nice to look at), but it was a near note for note recreation of Fern Gully, so it loses marks for copy-catting and some humdrum acting and story clunkiness.