Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boston's Vanishing Men Mystery

rashore

People go missing every day, and often the cases are not connected. Sometimes these cases are not even reported and a person’s disappearance goes unnoticed. Then there are the cases we don’t really hear about because the media doesn’t report on them. So, what if we were to analyze missing person’s cases on our own? Could a number of disappearances somehow all be related to one another?

When college student Zachary Marr disappeared after leaving a Boston bar on February 13th, I couldn’t help but worry and wonder what happened to the young man. His body was eventually recovered from the Charles River on March 15, and foul play is not suspected by police. His case made many take notice of the amount of similar cases in the area, and the results are alarming.

http://www.blumhouse.com/2016/03/17/the-vanishing-men-mystery/

• Like 3

There's been talk of this for some time now (I live south of Boston). There's speculation involving: serial killer at large, drug deals gone bad, accidental drownings and in some cases potential mob hits. It may be a combination of all the above actually.

• Like 3

I prefer the David Lang story myself.

Smiley Face killer theory sounds a little out there. There would have been some sign of a struggle on at least some of the victims, they couldn't convincingly fake drowning so many people without something going wrong at some point.

After reading the article im convinced there are two killers working in concert: The stupidity of young men and alcohol. 

• Like 4

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 11:39 AM, Farmer77 said:

After reading the article im convinced there are two killers working in concert: The stupidity of young men and alcohol. 

Exactly, the victims are male so we just assume they're stupid and are getting themselves killed.   Next to hookers, males are the next perfect victims. . .we only care about victims when they are wholesome women of standing. . .then we get outraged and rant on shows like Nancy Grace and what not. . .

Rabble, rabble, rabble! 

• Like 1

Just now, timewarrior said:

Exactly, the victims are male so we just assume they're stupid and are getting themselves killed.   Next to hookers, males are the next perfect victims. . .we only care about victims when they are wholesome women of standing. . .then we get outraged and rant on shows like Nancy Grace and what not. . .

Rabble, rabble, rabble! 

So your argument is they make the perfect victims? I get that kinda but then your serial killer could pretty well be narrowed down to ex special forces or someone with a "particular skill set". Young , healthy men with a few drinks in them aren't gonna go down easy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

So your argument is they make the perfect victims? I get that kinda but then your serial killer could pretty well be narrowed down to ex special forces or someone with a "particular skill set". Young , healthy men with a few drinks in them aren't gonna go down easy. 

Well more in the sense that people just don't care when men get killed.   Not as much as respectable women.   So in a sense, it's possible that someone could be killing young men and no one has connected the cases simply because they are assuming that men are not able to hold their liquor or are doing things to win the Darwin award. 

• Like 2