Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Look what happened to Sweden's police

ellapenella

4 hours ago, LV-426 said:

Are you more trusting of authorities and certain MSM outlets that attempted to cover up stories such as the sexual assaults in Cologne last year?

There are real immigration issues around Europe that need addressing. Sure, they are played down in some quarters, and played up in others, but they are real issues nevertheless.

No, I am not. Why do you assume I'm a bigot? I'm sure you've been following up on the story and know how police reacted on this years New Year. 
It needs to be addressed, but sensibly. This populist rhetoric that's blowing things out of proportion to only push their own political agenda is not very helpful at all. 

11 hours ago, rashore said:

I'm wondering about the gun thing too.. A quick search turned up that Swedish police do carry a handgun, and are supposed to carry it when on duty. Pepper spray and sometimes batons too.

I seen that too & I also see where the police argued about not wanting to be armed as well .  It's really weird over there, so for all we know  they're not equipped to protect & serve.

eta

I don't see anything past 2014 in regards to them  in this chart. I read that it's mainly feminist that run Sweden or something like that?

The Swedish Police Authority always carry firearms when on public duty. The police authority report that normally police will threaten to use their weapon but do not discharge it, this happens about 200 times per year. In a typical year the police shoot 20 warning shots aimed at people or vehicles.[23] An investigation reviewing the use of weapons by police details the firearm use from 2010 to 2014.[24]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_firearm_use_by_country#Unarmed_police_forces

Edited by Ellapennella

1 hour ago, FLOMBIE said:

No, I am not. Why do you assume I'm a bigot? I'm sure you've been following up on the story and know how police reacted on this years New Year. 
It needs to be addressed, but sensibly. This populist rhetoric that's blowing things out of proportion to only push their own political agenda is not very helpful at all. 

Is Sweden's feminist agenda working for them yet?

1 hour ago, Ellapennella said:

What does that have to do with what I have said?

2 hours ago, FLOMBIE said:

I'm not assuming you're bigoted at all. Not sure what gave you that impression? :blink:

And you are correct, it needs addressing in the right way.

The problem is that it isn't being addressed in many parts of the world, as politicians tread on eggshells so as not to offend anyone.

The longer the issues go unaddressed, the more regular people become frustrated and angry, and become susceptible to more extreme views.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FLOMBIE said:

What does that have to do with what I have said?

You don't see the connection to my question to what you said?

3 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

Edited by Ellapennella

8 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

You don't see the connection to my question to what you said?

I can't say too much about Sweden. I'm not really following their politics. I know their government claims to stand up for feminist ideals, but I have no idea about how that is showing and what it is influencing and in what way. Do you?

Just now, FLOMBIE said:

I can't say too much about Sweden. I'm not really following their politics. I know their government claims to stand up for feminist ideals, but I have no idea about how that is showing and what it is influencing and in what way. Do you?

Yeah I think most of us do see what's going on worldwide.

10 hours ago, LV-426 said:

I'm not assuming you're bigoted at all. Not sure what gave you that impression? :blink:

And you are correct, it needs addressing in the right way.

The problem is that it isn't being addressed in many parts of the world, as politicians tread on eggshells so as not to offend anyone.

The longer the issues go unaddressed, the more regular people become frustrated and angry, and become susceptible to more extreme views.

I'm sorry, it sounded like you would be subtly accusing me of that. It has happened quite a lot on this forum; please forgive me. 

Well, it is being addressed here in Germany. Constantly, and from all sides. Many ideas, but still no sensible solution in sight. It's not easy. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ellapennella said:

Yeah I think most of us do see what's going on worldwide.

I can read the news, indeed. But tell me about how the feminist agenda affects Sweden. 

On 2017-4-24 at 6:25 AM, and then said:

And these officers would know they had reached that threshold, when?  So they should regroup and let the violent lawbreaker go about his way, possibly to harm others?  What is the point of having police at all, in that case?  I'm not against using non-lethal force to subdue a violent person IF the force will actually subdue them.

We manage. Have done for years and will continue to do so. By any criteria, is your system more effective? 

• Like 1

Sweden does have problems but its all confined to areas of the big cities. Sweden is generally safe