Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New 'Kitty Hawk' flying car footage revealed

UM-Bot

is it a car? It doesn't seem to have wheels. It's an amphibian flying platform, basically. Not to mention that it looks alarmingly dangerous. Does it even have seatbelts? 

• Like 3

I can see the headlines now - "Flying car collides with kite skier over Lake Wylie!" -  film at 11.

• Like 1

First off, why do both of the women speaking have a lisp?

And second, do you notice how they never show in these kinds of videos how incredibly noisy these vehicles are? And I would also like to see it flying in a straight line. 

Edited by FLOMBIE

It would be interesting to know the flight autonomy and how high it can go. 

Pretty dangerous if used close to the beach with swimmers, surfers, kiters, etc., but if it has a decent flight time it could be useful on a ship and/or for recon and access otherwise difficult to reach spots. 

Definitely it made my imagination fly! 

It seems to be basically an enlarged drone (the RC helicopter-type device that carries cameras, i mean), so I suppose it'd be battery powered, so I would imagine the endurance would be very limited. I hope it's designed to crash softly. :unsure: 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

It seems to be basically an enlarged drone (the RC helicopter-type device that carries cameras, i mean), so I suppose it'd be battery powered, so I would imagine the endurance would be very limited. I hope it's designed to crash softly. :unsure: 

It's not, that why they fly it over a lake. 

4 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

You'd still want to hit the water pretty softly. 

Just now, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

You'd still want to hit the water pretty softly. 

If you're lucky, you'll be able to dive into it. It's better than hitting the ground, I suppose. 

38 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

I'll stick with my Boat....

8 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

Well stupid things happen when stupid people try to impress their buddies. I only have small outboard on mine,why rush just enjoy life.

1 hour ago, FLOMBIE said:

During one of our lectures on pain in uni we were shown a man who was thrown from his boat. He been bent over facing the stern at the time. In amazingly bad piece of luck there was a big stake waiting for him. I don't still have the photo and wouldn't post it if I did, but you can guess where the stake went. The stake by the way was about 6" in diameter. 

I see decapitations in its future.
Why are morons always dreaming about personal flying vehicles for the masses?
The general public can barely drive. Can you imagine a sky full of flying idiots?

Terrifying.

• Like 2

it is just a working jet pack minus the jets.  it also only works over water so it is a flying jetski.  did you also note that they never show her getting on or off it.  you would have to crawl over the safety netting.

18 hours ago, FLOMBIE said:

read the story it only works over water.

1 hour ago, danielost said:

read the story it only works over water.

No, it doesn't. It says it "is designed to operate over water". That is quite different. 

Hmm, not very impressed really. Hey lets just scale up a drone etc..(but badly done)Steering looked dreadful(I suppose you can keep looping until you eventually get to your target. Sigh, its fun I'm sure, but flying car?, nowhere near anything like that! Surely millionaires (billionaires?) can come up with something better than this?

screw this dumb contraption. I would rather have the "Flyboard Air". It's much more practical and cooler looking flying machine. And it doesn't have all those high speed rotors , waiting to lop someones arm off!

Edited by eddword
missing text
  • Like 1

you could use the same tech on a jet pack and it would be a much better machine.

So pity all those devices seem to unable flying higher than 10-15 meters. Is it prohibited by law? What use of it if it cannot fly over treetops? What's the fun in flying over water, when a motor boat is just as good and even better? Flying is for crossing obstacles! Getting quickly into the wild. That's what flying for in my opinion.

Edited by Chaldon