Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UN Elects Saudi Arabia to

Sweetpumper

The United Nations Economic and Social Council voted late last week to place Saudi Arabia on the Commission on the Status of Women for a four-year term beginning in 2018, despite that country’s appalling record on the treatment of women.

Hillel Neuer, director of the Geneva-based UN Watch, expressed his outrage in a statement Friday:

“Electing Saudi Arabia to protect women’s rights is like making an arsonist into the town fire chief,” said Hillel Neuer, executive director of UN Watch. “It’s absurd.”

“Every Saudi woman,” said Neuer, “must have a male guardian who makes all critical decisions on her behalf, controlling a woman’s life from her birth until death. Saudi Arabia also bans women from driving cars.”

http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2017/04/23/united-nations-elects-saudi-arabia-womens-rights-commission/

LMAO!

• Like 6

Image result for tactical facepalm

• Like 6

“Electing Saudi Arabia to protect women’s rights is like making an arsonist into the town fire chief,” said Hillel Neuer, executive director of UN Watch. “It’s absurd.”

This. All. Day.

• Like 5

This is the country where women need a man's permission to marry, go to college or get a passport

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

This is proof that the UN is a huge joke.

Yes, but a non-humorous one that causes many problems on the ground.  Last year or maybe 2015, they named Israel as the worst offender on the planet for women's rights, as I recall.  I think that was the call.  Ridiculous, and now we have a new Ambassador to that 3 ring circus, calling them on all their crap.  I LOVE to listen/watch Nikki Haley verbally b-slap those men from the oppressive regimes around the planet.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, and then said:

Yes, but a non-humorous one that causes many problems on the ground.  Last year or maybe 2015, they named Israel as the worst offender on the planet for women's rights, as I recall.  I think that was the call.  Ridiculous, and now we have a new Ambassador to that 3 ring circus, calling them on all their crap.  I LOVE to listen/watch Nikki Haley verbally b-slap those men from the oppressive regimes around the planet.  

I bet Trump pulling funding stings a little bit

• Like 2

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

I bet Trump pulling funding stings a little bit

As in he pulled the strings to make it happen? He is homies with the Sauds 

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

As in "pulling funding"

Trump wants UN funds cut more than 50 percent: report

President Trump’s administration has told the State Department to cut more than 50 percent of U.S. funding to United Nations programs, Foreign Policy reported.

I hope there is more evidence to his being "homies" than just owning businesses in SA. I believe we went over that a while ago

The UN is now on my list of the most insane organisations of this planet. Strictly speaking, on place 1.

"Truth is weirder than any fiction I've seen."
- HST -

Edited by toast
  • Like 1

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

As in "pulling funding"

Trump wants UN funds cut more than 50 percent: report

I hope there is more evidence to his being "homies" than just owning businesses in SA. I believe we went over that a while ago

I genuinely was just clarifying what you were saying. BUT since you asked  : 

Trump resets U.S.-Saudi relations, in Saudi Arabia’s favor 

Not that it says much beyond Trump cant be trusted to keep his campaign promises but still thought id throw it in for conversations sake. :P 

Camels have a better rating than women in that God forsaken place, if you happen to smile when you pass one and a soldier see's you,  you will end up in jail and be convicted of assault . 40 lashes is the mildest sentence.We had a lady 3rd Officer on a ship I was on,  who was spotted on deck by a soldier and all loading oil ceased .a delegate came aboard and demanded that she wore a headscarf or otherwise covered her beautifull auburn hair, she agreed just to get us out of there.

• Like 2

HAHA what a joke! I know they want to be diverse, but really? Is the UN ran by kindergartners?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Can you name an oil consuming nation on the planet that ISN'T?  Yes, we're all aware of the hypocrisy of the US in dealing with these neanderthals in robes.  Ever hear or Realpolitik?  Looking at and dealing with the world AS IT IS, not as we'd like it to be?  You don't want to support or work with the main sponsors (financially) for Wahabbist terror around the globe?  Gotcha! :tu:   So I assume that means you support the Iranians and their Shia dogma of the Twelvers being ascendant in the Gulf region?  You know, the dogma that teaches that the "rightly guided one" (Mahdi) will return whenever the world is in such chaos that it is about to be destroyed?  They make no distinction about WHO causes the world to be in such a state.  In fact, they seem to believe that if they gin it up, he will come to save them all.  Realpolitik - because you can't sit on a fence on this one.  One or the other of these two flavors of fundamentalism is going to win and be ascendant at some point unless they destroy each other.  That's what Yemen is about.  That is what's driving the Syrian conflict as well.  Sometimes there are no good choices but by all means, keep blaming the US.  After all, we ARE the "Great Satan".

• Like 1

The U.N. ? *Yawn*  The U.N. is an excellent example of why the U.S. didn't join the League of Nations after WW1. Imagine a world government controlled by those clowns.

11 hours ago, and then said:

Can you name an oil consuming nation on the planet that ISN'T?  Yes, we're all aware of the hypocrisy of the US in dealing with these neanderthals in robes.  Ever hear or Realpolitik?  Looking at and dealing with the world AS IT IS, not as we'd like it to be?  You don't want to support or work with the main sponsors (financially) for Wahabbist terror around the globe?  Gotcha! :tu:   So I assume that means you support the Iranians and their Shia dogma of the Twelvers being ascendant in the Gulf region?  You know, the dogma that teaches that the "rightly guided one" (Mahdi) will return whenever the world is in such chaos that it is about to be destroyed?  They make no distinction about WHO causes the world to be in such a state.  In fact, they seem to believe that if they gin it up, he will come to save them all.  Realpolitik - because you can't sit on a fence on this one.  One or the other of these two flavors of fundamentalism is going to win and be ascendant at some point unless they destroy each other.  That's what Yemen is about.  That is what's driving the Syrian conflict as well.  Sometimes there are no good choices but by all means, keep blaming the US.  After all, we ARE the "Great Satan".

First and foremost its your boy trump who spent the campaign railing against Saudi Arabia. I get that you dont care to hold him accountable but its a pretty sad commentary on your fake outrage at the clinton/obama team that you cant criticize your guy when he acts exactly like them AFTER lying to you for 2 years saying he wouldnt. 

The good choice would be to leave Assad alone and stop arming his opposition , aka ISIS and company. I just dont buy the concept that we must be involved in any of this quagmire, that mindset is a result of conditioning brought to you by corporate interests.

Lets deal with the world as it is, in order to make it how we would like it to be. That doesnt mean we keep doing things the same way we always have. 

Uh...there are no women's rights in Saudi Arabia so they will be on a Women's Rights Commission. How does this even remotely make any sense at all? This is utterly crazy and this highlights why the United Nations is basically useless. By accepting everything and being unwilling to call anything wrong or unacceptable makes the UN nothing more than a tank of moral relativism that drowns the possibility of anything positive. Just my personal opinion.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

That's probsbly why the Saudis have been given such a role, in the hope they'll fill the funding hole left by the US.

That is a very interesting idea. Just yesterday I was wondering what possible reason there could be for electing SA to this position. Maybe this is just extending the olive branch to get those donations. But at what cost? What influence does this position afford SA?

It doesnt seem to have mentioned anywhere but its perhaps worth pointing out that since they were elected to the position they've announced that Women no longer need permission of their Guardian to Drive, Work or Study.

It is perhaps only a small step, but you have to start somewhere, right?

• Like 1

Apparently the UN thinks that Women have it too good.... 

26 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

Apparently the UN thinks that Women have it too good.... 

Not for long

This is like giving a 4 year old a live gernade and saying go out and play.

Edited by The Silver Thong