Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Receiving psychic messages

E.wuinn

It is more specifically from our family friends brothers spirit. It's happened twice the day before the anniversary of his death and the day his family was coming over for a barbecue. It had only been sweet messages about caring and that sort of thing but I just don't understand why I've been chosen. 

• Like 1

just ignore it who knows devil might be trying to contact you, dead people are dead if they were able to contact you then whats the point of being dead? 

Hi,

Most likely you are the medium in the family and that was why you were chosen.

John

• Like 3

9 hours ago, E.wuinn said:

It is more specifically from our family friends brothers spirit. It's happened twice the day before the anniversary of his death and the day his family was coming over for a barbecue. It had only been sweet messages about caring and that sort of thing but I just don't understand why I've been chosen. 

My first thought is that some people are more gifted at receiving telepathic messages than others.

• Like 3

On 4/25/2017 at 5:32 AM, kartikg said:

dead people are dead if they were able to contact you then whats the point of being dead? 

Some people believe in purgatory. It's also Biblical that certain people can summon the dead. Through the ages, channeling or possession (demonic or otherwise) has occurred... There are those who can communicate with otherworldly entities through their unconscious state, as well.

"Some people believe that when you die your soul goes to Heaven. ...some people die, but they don't know they've gone. ...maybe they didn't want to die, maybe they weren't ready, maybe they hadn't lived fully yet, or they lived a long long time, but they still wanted more life. They resist going into that light however how hard the light wants them -- they just hang around. ...and some people just get lost on the way to the light and they need someone to guide them to it." (Beatrice Straight, POLTERGEIST '82)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/04/2017 at 0:24 AM, moonman said:

Probably just your overactive imagination thinking about him due to circumstance.

Wish this were the case however I didnt know there were any important dates coming up until after the fact and I also had never met him before he died 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, E.wuinn said:

Wish this were the case however I didnt know there were any important dates coming up until after the fact and I also had never met him before he died 

If it is a real experience and you are getting  messages. He is probably sending them through you to the family since he can't communicate them to them directly for some reason. He has something to say to them that was important enough to him to make him stick around! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, E.wuinn said:

No one ever truly dies as Life is eternal.

The contact could be because this relative is a link between you and another relative you known of who had a problem or traumatic incident.

Even them themselves.

If they are a link ask them to help and send what thoughts and empathy you can to help the relative inbetween.

If them just send back encouraging words that they are OK and will heal. Or that they are forgiven. Etc...

It is meant for healing.

On 2017-4-25 at 7:22 AM, E.wuinn said:

Run this by me again - what makes you think it was a message from the afterlife, as opposed to you just thinking about him?

And why do you assume you've been "chosen"? Why isn't the question "what else could this be", rather than jumping straight to "it's a ghost"?

• Like 1