Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump urges NASA to speed up Mars mission

UM-Bot

5 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

yeah, that's not going to happen

True, there is no way but the innovations that will come from trying will be useful. Glad Trump is publicly supporting and drawing to attention NASA

• Like 3

Obviously he wants to bask in the glory of being the Leader when man first set foot on Mars, and doesn't want his successor to claim the glory, like Tricky Dicky did. It suggests, though, that he's not hopeful of getting a second term. Someone explain to him though that they need to do things like design the spacecraft and like, do planning and stuff first.  

• Like 3

Lots of undeveloped real estate over there after all. :lol:

• Like 1

We have to give him credit that in these instances he well represents the average Joe's feelings. 

"We want to see man walking on Mars within our lifetime!"

"We don't care how, just use your science magic and do it!"

But again, maybe something good could come out of it.

Who knows, he could even decide to fast forward tests on the em drive (once someone will explain him what is it and how useful could be if found working).

• Like 2

I hope we are all prepared for some type of classified propulsion system to be revealed soon. I have no doubt we have the technology to reach mars in a reasonable time frame, we simply need someone to want it bad enough to disregard the so-called national security threat it would impose by making that technology public.

• Like 2

I have nothing against science.When I was a little girl I liked fossils  and thought about being a paleotoligist  or an archeologist. But there are things here on earth that need fixing.Providing better health care, taking buildings and older homes and fixing them up for homeless families and vetrans, better mental health care treatment,etc.

• Like 2

Understandable, but those are all problems that would be almost immediatly solved by humanity colonizing space. A vast majority of our problems come from the lack of resources. Lets just look at our moon, the closest celestial body to our planet, it has enough resources locked inside to power our entire planet indefinately while also solving the ever growing need of fresh water. Beyond that we have even more resources from our closest nieghbor Mars. Once there your just a hop and skip away from the belt which in todays terms has indefinite source of almost, well, everything. And thats not even taking into account the ability offer continuetity of humanity. All of our eggs are in one basket right now, statistically speaking if we dont spread through the cosmos humanity will go extinct, without question our time here is finite one way or another. This should always be considered one of humanities greatest priorities, otherwise think of the world our children, and our childrens' children will inherit.

Edited by TaintlessMetals
Autocorrect issues
  • Like 1

Or maybe more FUNDING first, idiot President?

Cut all those gas and military crap, and put it towards science and NASA exclusively?

Edited by DragonFire22
  • Like 1

We like to be the policing force of the entire free world, so slashing any of our defense budget would be complete suicide for our nation. The only way to lesson our military budget would be if we went to a one world government, or, a complete change of american ideals. Otherwise we have simply created to many enemies and they would quickly over run us. We need to become the economic powerhouse we used to be to increase funding, or else leave ourselves vulnerable in some other area, welfare, insurance, governmental oversight, policing bureaus the list goes on and on but honestly with our ideals where would we actually find it acceptable to drop the ball? Catch 22 though, if we could give more funding for NASA we would produce innovations that would allow us to move forward as well as rapidly regrow ourselves economically. Keeping in mind new technologies pose a massive threat to our existing economy due to the loss of jobs, less money being produced, and this lowers what is recycled back into the economy. I feel this conundrum is the most likely reason we have stagnated.

And at what point did I deny climate change? Dont be a troll. All I stated is money is finite and it has to come from somewhere. Did you really only read the last comment I posted? How about you read my post prior instead of hopping on here and attacking me for correct information.

4 minutes ago, TaintlessMetals said:

My bad just realized you were talking about Trump not me, apologies...

That's what i was thinking, but now I see what they mean 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

That's what i was thinking, but now I see what they mean 

Well at least Im not the only one, felt like an ... a minute later once I realized it. One should always, completely, wake up before posting. Lesson learned.