Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I miss someone from my dream

Anhartach

I wrote this a few days ago on my notes app when I woke up in the middle of night so I wouldn't forget.

I've had many dreams but this one was different. REALLY different. They say that every person you meet in a dream is someone you've met I real life. In this dream I had a Hispanic best friend who's name I can't remember but I'm sure I don't know him and I'm not remotely close with any Hispanic person. They also say every place you visit is somewhere you've been before. I went three places In this dream, a ship I've never seen before, the attic of my school that doesn't exist. And one place I did recognise was similar to dorado, from overwatch. Except it wasn't, it has the same motif as dorado but that's it. 

But what struck me really odd and has me still shaking nearly thirty minutes after I woke up at 3:26 is a girl I met in the dream. I believe her name was Sarah but what p***es me off is I'm not sure. But I remember her face perfectly, but every time I remember her my memory of her seems to corrupt and I'm slowly forgetting what she looks like. 

The Dream: we started off in the attic i mentioned, me and my Hispanic friend (who I'll call Julio for the sake of not referring to him as "my Hispanic friend" the whole story) I don't remember what we were doing there, we saw this girl sitting in the corner. Don't know if I should mention but no one was wearing their school uniforms. She wasn't creepy in the corner, she was just there. My friend mentioned to me that he likes her. He leaves and I approach the girl ready to be a wingman for Julio. She tells me that he's pretty good looking and that I'm not so bad myself. And for some reason I get this weird feeling in me, like she's close to me. I tell her she's gorgeous and all I remember is her smile. One strange detail is she spoke with an American accent, hispanics and Americans are both uncommon in Ireland. 

The next part we were on a ship. It was a battle ship, like something from the navy Julio and I were in military uniform we seemed to be preparing for some kind of battle and Sarah was on the ship, I had my arm around her and Julio tells me to meet him downstairs, I go with him alone I don't remember the conversation I had with him but when we return I find Sarah in a body bag. He tells me he did it. This being a dream I didn't question him for some reason and helped him dispose of the body.

The last part of the dream was in the place resembling Dorado. I don't remember much, only that I was there to kill Julio. And this part of the dream I felt guilt. It's weird but it's like in the first part when I was overwhelmed with happiness when I met Sarah. 

This was the only time I 'felt' in a dream. When I woke up I had tears in my eyes and I'm still shaking while writing this. I've never really felt guilt ever in my life but when I do it's over something not real? I know this sounds retarded but it felt really real. I think I love her. I've never been superstitious, but what's really weird is I feel a connection to this girl more than anyone I've ever met in real life, I'm 16 and I've never been romantically in love and there was a time in my life I feared I was a psychopath because I don't feel empathy for others and didn't really love my family. It's weird but I miss this girl. It's stupid but it's the most I've ever cared about somebody.

There was definitely a lot more to the dream but that's all I can remember vividly.

• Like 2

Welcome, Anhartach.

They might not be actual people and places that you've seen or will see.  It might be just as well that you remember Sarah differently over time.  That your heart has thus been awakened seems like something of a rehearsal so that, when you recognize Sarah in someone else, you won't be so overwhelmed by hitherto unknown feelings.

God love you!

• Like 1

Welcome aboard.

Does it help to begin with...

They say that every person you meet in a dream is someone you've met I real life. .. They also say every place you visit is somewhere you've been before.

That really doesn't seem to be so. If you think about it, it's impossible to prove or disprove with absolute certainty. But even dreamscapes that "are" someplace real often differ greatly from them. (And Overwatch's Dorado isn't a real place to begin with). And people? Same thing. You really can "synthesize" a dream character out of the raw material of yourself (yes, even ladies even though you're a gent).

I hope that that is good news - at least Sarah pretty surely isn't anybody you've met and lost. That would be annoying.

You're also not the first person to experience love at first sight with an attractive dream character. So, now you know where the expression "the girl of your dreams" comes from.

Anyway, you might want to search carl jung big dream, and then see if you think this is a big dream. If it is, then it's a complicated one, and probably best for you to work through on your own, or with people who know you.  

This was a great idea:

I wrote this a few days ago on my notes app when I woke up in the middle of night so I wouldn't forget.

You might be thinking about this one for a long time, so it's good to record as much as you can now while it's fresh. You'll be glad you did if you are still thinking about it years from now, and even in this kind of dream (if it is "big") the finer details may get fuzzy fairly quickly (as you've noticed is already happening). If you do any kind of art (draw, paint, sculpt, write poetry, songs, ...), then you might want to do Sarah. Don't forget Julio, though. Lol, don't forget any element of the dream :)

Nicely dreamt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 years later...

Hey! I was reading through this and I had the exact same dream, I just couldn't remember how it ended.. But reading through this made my heart beat rapidly because it was like reliving the dream, which left me shook. The only thing is, I had the dream more recently, I can't say exactly when, but it was at least within the past couple of years. 

My name happens to be Sara and I also happen to be American, but I was wondering if we could maybe connect to see if we're actually the people in our dreams (assuming you read this reply), because I've been having someone appear in my dreams as of late and I have his face memorized, but I have no idea what his name is, which is frustrating as hell. And recently, I've been remembering him throughout the day and I end up feeling really sad for some reason. I actually found this post because I was looking into the possibilities as to why I miss him so much, considering I've never met him outside of my dreams. 

On 4/25/2017 at 1:33 PM, Anhartach said:

They say that every person you meet in a dream is someone you've met I real life.

First of all, I don' t know who 'they' are.  But that is not really what most in the dream world genre think.  Those we dream about are actually different aspects of our own selves.  The good, the bad, the beautiful and the ugly as well.  All aspects of our own selves.  The person you love in your own dream actually is a different aspect of your own self.  Your dream state is revealing to your conscious mind the love that you have for your own self.  Now, it is quite possibly true that the 'face' you saw in your dream is a face that you actually saw before...but that doesn't even have to be.  Our mind creates visual images while we sleep and draws from a vast amount of memory. 

• Like 2