Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where did your dog come from?

Claire.

Where did your dog come from? New tree of breeds may hold the answer.

From the 80-kilogram Great Dane to the 1-kilogram tiny teacup poodle, there seems to be a dog for everyone. Now, the largest genetic analysis to date has figured out how those breeds came to be, which ones are really closely related, and what makes some dogs more susceptible to certain diseases.

Read more: ScienceMag.org

• Like 5

Just now, Claire. said:

Where did your dog come from? New tree of breeds may hold the answer.

From the 80-kilogram Great Dane to the 1-kilogram tiny teacup poodle, there seems to be a dog for everyone. Now, the largest genetic analysis to date has figured out how those breeds came to be, which ones are really closely related, and what makes some dogs more susceptible to certain diseases.

Read more: ScienceMag.org

Boston 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 5

This is interesting. My dog was a quarter Husky, tree quarter Collie. It would have been both very close to root and quite far from it.

It's interesting that the most ancient breed are geographically close to the dog mummy they found in Siberia.

http://siberiantimes.com/science/casestudy/features/f0121-autopsy-carried-out-in-far-east-on-only-mummified-dog-ever-found-in-the-world/

Edited by Gingitsune
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Boston 

Central Michigan, but since birth they have logged thousands of highway and forest miles. :)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Claire. said:

Where did your dog come from?

Mine came from Toy-Dogs-R-Us.

(I don't really have a dog)

• Like 4

My westie came from a couple in the midlands somewhere...can't remember the village..but he is a full breed and we have his heritage chart...our cocker spaniel is also a full breed, we saw him when he was 6 weeks old,  met his mum and dad and siblings and he was born on a narrowboat  in Peterborough.

• Like 3

My dog's a rescue dog. Mostly bullmastiff, maybe a little labrador, and some staffy I think.

She wondered into my store and into my life two years ago. 

• Like 3

My dog is a pug, and I adopted her from an aunt when she became ill and couldn't take care of her anymore.

She is  now 14 years old...and is still going strong, apart from some arthritis in her hip joint.

She is totally loved and is a very pampered pooch :wub:..

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Kismit said:

My dog's a rescue dog. Mostly bullmastiff, maybe a little labrador, and some staffy I think.

She wondered into my store and into my life two years ago. 

A bit like a bullbraffy.

• Like 1