Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brief Thoughts For a New Islam

Lorin Jenis

Just now, RavenHawk said:

Of course, but until there is a clear reform movement, it ain’t going to happen.  Sufism is no match for Salafism.  There is no “Moderate” Islam right now.  That’s an oxymoron.

No, that is wrong either. I have a lot of Muslim friends who have no intention to be a Mujaheddin. Don't throw them all in one pot. I know you Christians do not like that either. 

I am very sure there are more Sufists than Salafists. The Salafists are just more vocal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FLOMBIE said:

No, that is wrong either.

You need to talk to some Muslim dissidents.

I have a lot of Muslim friends who have no intention to be a Mujaheddin.

And there are perhaps hundreds of millions that say that now.  Even if they consider themselves Apostates that is no guarantee that their offspring won’t hear the call.  From a Pew Research poll, something like 74% of Muslims believe in Sharia Law.  Moderation is not possible.  You should ask your Muslim friends what Shirk is and is the law of Man equivalent to Sharia?  It'll be interesting if you get one coherent, straight answer.

Don't throw them all in one pot.

It’s a big pot.  I don’t throw them in it.   This is where they emanate from.

I know you Christians do not like that either. 

Don’t like what?  Being put in the same pot?  It depends on what?  If you use the actions of the KKK or abortion clinic bombers then you would be right.  Salafism drives the Muslim bus.  Radicals that may loosely claim Christianity do not drive the Christian bus.  Because of the Peace of Westphalia, Christendom has returned to its roots of tolerance.  That doesn’t mean that there is no violence in the name of Christ.  But Islam has never gone through a similar Reformation.  And until they do, there will be one pot for all.

I am very sure there are more Sufists than Salafists. The Salafists are just more vocal. 

Only a few hundred thousand are vocal but that’s not the majority.  The majority support the most vocal by their orthodoxy.  Sufists are but a minority.

Edited by RavenHawk

13 hours ago, FLOMBIE said:

No, that is wrong either. I have a lot of Muslim friends who have no intention to be a Mujaheddin. Don't throw them all in one pot. I know you Christians do not like that either. 

I bet they don't speak out against it, correct if Im wrong

Why would anyone want to change Islam, it is a perfect religion?

Nothing says perfect like killing those who do not believe the same as you.:tu:

Look at the utopia's that places turn into one the true believers in Allah show up. Paradise.

Edited by XenoFish

The only realistic hope is if we conquer the Middle East and outlaw the ideology then rebuilt it like we did with Japan. No amount of wishful thinking is going to help, its too splintered. Even if we could help them reform, another branch of Qur'anic purists would inevitably rise up to challenge it. They must be crushed, then their children raised as westerners. It is the only possible hope.

16 hours ago, Reilly. said:

The only realistic hope is if we conquer the Middle East and outlaw the ideology then rebuilt it like we did with Japan. No amount of wishful thinking is going to help, its too splintered. Even if we could help them reform, another branch of Qur'anic purists would inevitably rise up to challenge it. They must be crushed, then their children raised as westerners. It is the only possible hope.

~

[00.03:33]

~

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Reilly. said:

The only realistic hope is if we conquer the Middle East and outlaw the ideology then rebuilt it like we did with Japan. ...

Like replacing the Shogan with the Meiji Restoration?

Like that?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Like replacing the Shogan with the Meiji Restoration?

Like that?

More like crushing Japan during WW2 and creating modern Japan. :P

33 minutes ago, Reilly. said:

More like crushing Japan during WW2 and creating modern Japan. :P

Oh yeah... crushing what was created by the west; and liberating Korea from Imperialist Japan too.

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Oh yeah... crushing what was created by the west; and liberating Korea from Imperialist Japan too.

Are you denying the fact that while we were once in a World War with Japan, they are considered one of our most loyal allies in the Global Theater?

Edited by Reilly.

8 hours ago, Reilly. said:

Are you denying the fact that while we were once in a World War with Japan, they are considered one of our most loyal allies in the Global Theater?

I'm suggesting to reflect on what went on before the bombing of Pearl Harbour.

Would things be different if Perry sailed to Nagasaki and respected Japanese sovereignty?

But hey take up The White Man's Burden; appeal to the club.

• Like 1

On 27/07/2017 at 6:21 PM, Reilly. said:

Hahaha, you must be having a giraffe. You already have invaded the middle east, bombarded most of it to the stone age, raped, maimed, killed and stole assets. Look what happened, you have given rise to isis. Yeah the strategy really works. Lmao

Edited by Khanivore