Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mum calls in ghostbusters to banish spirits

Still Waters

A mum has been forced to call in ghostbusters after claiming a spirit entered her child’s bedroom above the tot’s Thomas the Tank Engine bed.

Kirsty Lee was left in hysterics after she says she found her screaming son Kyran being dragged along the floor by an invisible entity.

She called a team of spectral experts, who held a two-hour long seance to banish her unwanted guests.

“I was petrified to death - I couldn’t move,” said the mum-of-one.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/mum-calls-ghost-experts-banish-12932441

• Like 2

Well, it's the first time I've called on Ray Parker Jr. on UM, which is quite a mystery in itself with some of the stories we get on here, but...

The first thing that comes to mind is child abuse. She was abusing her kid and decided to blame a ghost on it. That or she just wanted attention.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The first thing that comes to mind is child abuse. She was abusing her kid and decided to blame a ghost on it. That or she just wanted attention.

...and 'paranormal' doesn't even make the list of possibilities...????

14 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Nope.

• Like 3

My first instincts would be to take my child to the doctor not calling a paranormal investigator, especially not one nam d Spooky Julie. 

The kid was vomiting all night. He could have been having some sort of convulsion or seizure and it only appeared to a scared mother that he was being dragged across the floor. 

• Like 5

Your child was unwell and your first thought is oh better get a paranormal investigator in? My first thought would be go to or have a Dr come to check my child. High fever can make a person have a seizure. As for the little boy saying he saw a man in his room 1 it could have been fever induced and 2 it's a child they have strong imaginations. 

It reminds me of a couple (they were on the show The Drs) who filmed their child standing on the side of his crib rocking and then falling back screaming when he did. The parents claimed their child was possessed or a ghost/demon pushed him.  Kids fall over and when they do they scream out of shock or they got hurt, nothing paranormal there 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

No, that is ridiculous. Her jittery ramblings (by trying to convince herself) and nervous body language, told me she was hiding something else. Child protection services need to be called in as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Astra. said:

No, that is ridiculous. Her jittery ramblings (by trying to convince herself) and nervous body language, told me she was hiding something else. Child protection services need to be called in as far as I'm concerned.

Sounds like we have come fiull circle and now the skeptics want paranormal claimants burned at the stake (so to speak).

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Sounds like we have come fiull circle and now the skeptics want paranormal claimants burned at the stake (so to speak).

You just don't see it through an objective lens do you. You've got those ghost blinders on. Maybe you should try looking at things skeptically. Our side of the fence has a lot more perks.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

No. Funnily enough it doesn't. With all due respect to you, can you imagine why not?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Papa...if you want to believe this woman's fantastical story...then so be it...as there is no skin off my nose. Sometimes tho - a little bit of critical thinking and common sense can go a looooong way.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, oldrover said:

No. Funnily enough it doesn't. With all due respect to you, can you imagine why not?

No, I can't unless there some strangely absurd logic I am not aware of. 

44 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Papa...if you want to believe this woman's fantastical story...then so be it...as there is no skin off my nose. Sometimes tho - a little bit of critical thinking and common sense can go a looooong way.

Err....I don't recall ever saying I believe it. 

Just now, papageorge1 said:

So the consensus among us is that it's bunk?

Just now, XenoFish said:

So the consensus among us is that it's bunk?

Yeah, so? 

29 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Oh c'mon Papa...it's widely known here that you believe in the whole paranormal gizmo. I seriously don't have a problem with it.

You know...what ever floats your boat I guess...

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 2

Welp, I hope she called in the original cast, instead of the one from the crappy 2016 remake.

Image result for ghostbusters original cast

Edited by Hi-NRG Eurobeat Man
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hi-NRG Eurobeat Man said:

Welp, I hope she called the original cast, instead of the one from the crappy 2016 remake.

Image result for ghostbusters original cast

Aww - I still love that movie :)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Oh c'mon Papa...it's widely known here that you believe in the whole paranormal gizmo. I seriously don't have a problem with it.

You know...what ever floats your boat I guess...

I believe in the paranormal but not every claim. Maybe 50% or so.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I believe in the paranormal but not every claim. Maybe 50% or so.

Not to be rude but it seems every time someone disagrees with you or other posters about something being paranormal, you jump on them and say things like they are skeptics. Ofcourse there is always a change something cannot be explained how ever it should not be the first thing jumped on to. Back on topic the paranormal investigator calling herself  Spooky Julie screams out she wants attention and 15mins of fame, not she wants to help others find the possible cause of their problem.

1 minute ago, Ruby04 said:

Not to be rude but it seems every time someone disagrees with you or other posters about something being paranormal, you jump on them and say things like they are skeptics.

I have no problems with skeptics. I am an open-minded skeptic myself. Skepticism is a good thing (but not knee-jerk attack to any claimant).

On 26/04/2017 at 8:31 PM, oldrover said:

"Who you gonna call"

"Social services"

They tend to be rubbish when it comes to dealing with ghosts.

• Like 2