Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All mammals take about 12 seconds to defecate

Claire.

All mammals big or small take about 12 seconds to defecate.

Everyone poops, and it takes them about the same amount of time. A new study of the hydrodynamics of defecation finds that all mammals take 12 seconds on average to relieve themselves, no matter how large or small the animal. The research, published in Soft Matter, reveals that the soft matter coming out of the hind ends of elephants, pandas, warthogs and dogs slides out of the rectum on a layer of mucus that keeps toilet time to a minimum.

Read more: New Scientist

I must get an online subscription to Soft Matter. 

Just now, Claire. said:

All mammals big or small take about 12 seconds to defecate.

Everyone poops, and it takes them about the same amount of time. A new study of the hydrodynamics of defecation finds that all mammals take 12 seconds on average to relieve themselves, no matter how large or small the animal. The research, published in Soft Matter, reveals that the soft matter coming out of the hind ends of elephants, pandas, warthogs and dogs slides out of the rectum on a layer of mucus that keeps toilet time to a minimum.

Read more: New Scientist

Yeah right, tell me that again when its 125 degrees out and im baking in the sun waiting for my dogs to do their business :lol: I swear thats like half an hour 

• Like 2

Are they the same researchers that found out that all mammals take 21 seconds to urinate? 

• Like 1