Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possessed boom box 1988

UM-Bot

By: Angel525 | Location: Santa Ana

This is my first scary story. This takes place in Santa Ana, California. I was young, about 4 and non verbal. I also want to tell you I have a great memory. I remember being in a high chair, my 3rd birthday cake and a plane would make a heart over our neighborhood. We moved when I was 5 years old shortly after what I'm about to tell you. 

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/111834/possessed-boom-box-1988

• Like 1

I was in my room playing with toys when I heard the tapes playing. The tapes were in Spanish. I walked down the hall towards the living room. I was behind the couch and I saw the boom box on the mantle and Senora Martinez on her knees praying. She had her back to me. Shortly after I walked in, the tape began to rewind backwards and a deep voice in English began to speak to her. It was angry that she was praying. She unplugged the boom box and it did not stop. It called her terrible names and told her she was going to hell. - See more at: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/111834/possessed-boom-box-1988#sthash.GoEz2UJO.dpuf

Interesting story however I have a few issues with it. For one remembering something that happened when you were 3-4 years old isn't going to be accurate at all. So they got a glitchy boombox and forgot to take the batteries out. I'm chalking this up to being just a story made up for entertainment purposes.

• Like 4

Reeks of made up. For starters:

This is my first scary story. This takes place in Santa Ana, California. I was young, about 4 and non verbal. I also want to tell you I have a great memory. I remember being in a high chair, my 3rd birthday cake and a plane would make a heart over our neighborhood. We moved when I was 5 years old shortly after what I'm about to tell you.

This is my first scary story.        Story being the keyword here. Experience might have been a better choice.

This takes place in Santa Ana, California.         Took place or takes place? Takes sounds like you are making up a story. Took place sounds more like it happened.

. I also want to tell you I have a great memory.             No errors in memory here. (In case you doubt, like XenoFish) :P

I was young, about 4 and non verbal. We moved when I was 5 years old shortly after what I'm about to tell you.          So they were about 4, and almost 5 when they moved. Which is it, about 4 or almost 5?

Sorry, just deanlyzing really bad writing, or a story.

• Like 1

It could be a case of evp (electronic voice phenomena). This is a known phenomenon in the annals of the paranormal.