Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Figure of Jesus' appears above city

seeder

I dunno.... looks more like his brother to me

Astonishing moment 'figure of Jesus' appears above Colombian city wiped out by giant landslide that killed 17 people

Crowd gathered to film sunlight slanting through the clouds in city of Manizales
    Rare cloud phenomenon provided comfort to residents who had lost loved ones
    A week ago, 17 people were killed there when a landslide ripped through the city
    Local reports suggested a month's rainfall fell overnight over nearby

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4448162/The-moment-figure-Jesus-appears-Colombian-city.html#ixzz4fQbQBu5u

• Like 2

has anyone reported seeing visions of Trump yet? 

• Like 2

Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him--even those who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him.

Why will people "mourn"?  Because they will feel regret or sadness.   

deplore, bewail, bemoan, rue, regret

are other words that come to mind about how people will react in that day.  Notice that the text says nothing about defiant anger or even fear.  Just regret of a lost opportunity.

• Like 1

Sorry, I just don't see Jesus in that picture.

I think it is a vision of this god-like entity.....
A3nfcML.jpg.51a0ec034acc663259f13514ef55

• Like 6

Touchy to talk about, let alone debunk, something where there has been such a tragedy.  The press seems to be avoiding it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, and then said:

Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him--even those who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him.

Why will people "mourn"?  Because they will feel regret or sadness.   

deplore, bewail, bemoan, rue, regret

are other words that come to mind about how people will react in that day.  Notice that the text says nothing about defiant anger or even fear.  Just regret of a lost opportunity.

Are you suggesting that this represents the Second Coming?  Why do you quote that passage now?

OK - aside from the cheapshot derisory jokes....how to explain what this is?  Any thoughts? 

I can't relate it to a logical explanation of any natural phenomenon.

18 minutes ago, sees said:

OK - aside from the cheapshot derisory jokes....how to explain what this is?  Any thoughts? 

The article says what it is.

Noe Bazan said a shaft of sunlight breaking through the clouds was the reason people saw Jesus.   

'This is a natural phenomenon with the light of the sun through different types of cloud,' he said. 

'It happens in all parts of the world.' 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4448162/The-moment-figure-Jesus-appears-Colombian-city.html#ixzz4fQbQBu5u

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

The article says what it is.

Yes, I get the shaft of sunlight....except that the top part is an oblong!!  Weird.  OK then.

How can you tell it's Jesus?

23 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

How can you tell it's Jesus?

It isn't Jesus.  It's a beautiful cloud formation.  People make of it what they may.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sees said:

You've seriously never seen random light refractions?

On 27/04/2017 at 10:17 AM, Frank Merton said:

Are you suggesting that this represents the Second Coming?  Why do you quote that passage now?

No, that wasn't what I was suggesting, sorry for the confusion. I didn't mean to make an argument out of the event.  FTR, I didn't "see" anything resembling even a human figure.  My point in posting was to remind that scripture is very clear about his actual second coming.  It won't be vague and open to supposition (or ridicule), it will be a profound event where people begin to realize with great sadness that they were mistaken in their beliefs about him.

Edited by Saru
Remove flamebait

3 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

It isn't Jesus.  It's a beautiful cloud formation.  People make of it what they may.

Exactly.  And I suspect that after suffering such a horrific loss, these people would naturally be looking outside themselves for some measure of comfort and reassurance that there is something more to life than just the harshness of survival and the randomness of sudden death.

• Like 3