Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Delta flight passenger forced off plane

Still Waters

A man trying to get home to Milwaukee on a Delta Airlines flight was kicked off after an emergency run to the bathroom. According to the airline, Kima Hamilton didn't comply with the crews' instructions. 

Krista Rosolino was on that flight and she thinks the way Hamilton was treated was out of hand. Her husband took out his cell phone and recorded part of the exchange. She happens to be an attorney at the Warshafsky Law Firm in Milwaukee. 

"As a person, and now a mother, and someone who tries to fight for people's rights on a regular basis, it just felt really wrong what had happened to him," Rosolino said. 

http://www.cbs58.com/story/35258754/caught-on-camera-delta-flight-passenger-forced-off-plane-after-bathroom-emergency

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lilly said:

The rules/regulations regarding treatment of airline passengers need to go to court.

I agree.  

I also  think that once those regulations are sorted out, a policy for how to handle passengers who refuse instructions needs to be addressed.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Myles said:

I agree.  

I also  think that once those regulations are sorted out, a policy for how to handle passengers who refuse instructions needs to be addressed.  

I pretty much think it's a no brainer that no passenger should ever be forced to 'go to the bathroom' in their pants if there's any option available. Only if there was a real catastrophic emergency in progress should a passenger be forced to do that.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I pretty much think it's a no brainer that no passenger should ever be forced to 'go to the bathroom' in their pants if there's any option available. Only if there was a real catastrophic emergency in progress should a passenger be forced to do that.  

I agree with that. 

I mostly wonder how the airlines should handle situations that break reasonable policy.   Stopping a man from going to the bathroom is not reasonable.  Unless the plane was actually taking off at the moment.  

Say if you are told to turn off cells and tablets.    A guy just sits there and blatantly keeps playing his game.    He says he'll be done in just a couple minutes because he almost has a high score.   The plane is forced to let another plane go ahead in the runway order.   Would that be grounds to remove him from the plane?  If so, could it be done forcibly if he refuses to get up?

Once reasonable policies are created, reasonable actions must be determined.  

• Like 1

He should have unzipped and peed right there, where he was standing, right in front of them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FLOMBIE said:

He should have unzipped and peed right there, where he was standing, right in front of them. 

No.   That would have been stupid, rude, obscene among other things.   He did the right thing by going into the restroom.

2 hours ago, FLOMBIE said:

He would have most likely been put on the sex offender list if he had done that.

• Like 1

After watching the two videos and reading the open letter by the lawyer that was sitting next to him, I can only assume they treated this man this way because he was black. 

31 minutes ago, Odin11 said:

After watching the two videos and reading the open letter by the lawyer that was sitting next to him, I can only assume they treated this man this way because he was black. 

Hanlon's razor: never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity

47 minutes ago, Odin11 said:

Sarcasm, right?

21 hours ago, Myles said:

No.   That would have been stupid, rude, obscene among other things.   He did the right thing by going into the restroom.

I was totally being serious, and...

20 hours ago, Odin11 said:

He would have most likely been put on the sex offender list if he had done that.

...that would be just as silly. 

11 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

I was totally being serious, and...

...that would be just as silly. 

It would be dumb and a sexual offense  for a man to pull out his thingy and pee right in front (and on some) of the passengers.   

On 4/27/2017 at 7:19 AM, Still Waters said:

A man trying to get home to Milwaukee on a Delta Airlines flight was kicked off after an emergency run to the bathroom. According to the airline, Kima Hamilton didn't comply with the crews' instructions. 

Krista Rosolino was on that flight and she thinks the way Hamilton was treated was out of hand. Her husband took out his cell phone and recorded part of the exchange. She happens to be an attorney at the Warshafsky Law Firm in Milwaukee. 

"As a person, and now a mother, and someone who tries to fight for people's rights on a regular basis, it just felt really wrong what had happened to him," Rosolino said. 

http://www.cbs58.com/story/35258754/caught-on-camera-delta-flight-passenger-forced-off-plane-after-bathroom-emergency

SO this is their excuse : 

Delta released a statement regarding the incident, "Our flight crews are extensively trained to ensure the safety and security of all customers. It is imperative that passengers comply with crew instructions during all phases of flight, especially at the critical points of takeoff and landing." 

You know how its garbage? Passengers in first class can stand up and walk around pretty well any time they please and the staff never flinch. (I fly delta at least twice a month unless i get screwed and have to fly american) 

9 minutes ago, Myles said:

It would be dumb and a sexual offense  for a man to pull out his thingy and pee right in front (and on some) of the passengers.   

Not where I am from. Context and intention does matter. 

But you did get that I was being cynical, right?

Edited by FLOMBIE

8 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

Not where I am from. Context and intention does matter. 

But you did get that I was being cynical, right?

You said you were being totally serious.  

If you seriously think it would have been OK for him to expose himself and pee on people, then you are wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, Myles said:

You said you were being totally serious.  

If you seriously think it would have been OK for him to expose himself and pee on people, then you are wrong.

I thought that formulation made it clear I intentionally made an over the top statement.

I never suggested he should pee on them. On the ground. Should one be forced to pee in his pants?

Actually, I have come across a somewhat similar incident here in Germany. A (drunk) man tried to enter a train station rest room without paying the 50 cents charge. The personell tried to stop him, and turmoil broke out. The police came, and started to check on him, when he stated he can't hold it anymore, unzipped, and peed on the floor. This was persecuted under 'obstructing a police officer' and 'libel'. There was no sexual motivation whatsoever, as well as no intention of exposing themselves, only the intention of peeing. 

But don't forget, I just made a joke, after all. 

15 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

I thought that formulation made it clear I intentionally made an over the top statement.

I never suggested he should pee on them. On the ground. Should one be forced to pee in his pants?

Actually, I have come across a somewhat similar incident here in Germany. A (drunk) man tried to enter a train station rest room without paying the 50 cents charge. The personell tried to stop him, and turmoil broke out. The police came, and started to check on him, when he stated he can't hold it anymore, unzipped, and peed on the floor. This was persecuted under 'obstructing a police officer' and 'libel'. There was no sexual motivation whatsoever, as well as no intention of exposing themselves, only the intention of peeing. 

But don't forget, I just made a joke, after all. 

All good.  :P    I thought you were joking when you first said it, then when you said you were serious, I thought Wow.  

I only said peeing "on" people because if he released that flow in a cramped airline aisle, people were going to get sprayed. 

The airline messed up and should have allowed him to go to the restroom.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Myles said:

All good.  :P    I thought you were joking when you first said it, then when you said you were serious, I thought Wow.  

I only said peeing "on" people because if he released that flow in a cramped airline aisle, people were going to get sprayed. 

The airline messed up and should have allowed him to go to the restroom.  

Alright, that can happen. :)

I can see that, yes. So he should have a steady hand and probably warn all around him.

The most important thing here is, going to the toilet is a natural urge. It's not something everyone can control, and at some point it will be a struggle as well painful as well. It's not like you can switch it off like your laptop. No one should force another to hold back on such an urge. It's bureaucratic BS.  

well it is not like that in USA, nor on usa airlines,  if a bum pi$$es on a street, he wont get any charges, if someone else do it, in place where kids and females are present, expect lewd conduct,  indecent exposure,  and  you can be sure some charges of sexual nature will be pressed. 

so it is pretty pointless to discuss what happens someplace else, when topic is about us airline, and about laws and norms as they are in usa.

• Like 1

Just now, aztek said:

well it is not like that in USA, nor on usa airlines,  if a bum pi$$es on a street, he wont get any charges, if someone else do it, in place where kids and females are present, expect lewd conduct,  indecent exposure,  and  you can be sure some charges of sexual nature will be pressed. 

so it is pretty pointless to discuss what happens someplace else, when topic is about us airline, and about laws and norms as they are in usa.

Policing for profit, nothing for the city to gain financially by prosecuting the bum. 

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Policing for profit, nothing for the city to gain financially by prosecuting the bum. 

yep, bum privilege 

32 minutes ago, aztek said:

That wasn't my intention. I simply stated why it would be silly to put him on the sex offender list for that. And therefore it's usual to compare different legislation. It's a simple comparison, and one you can dismiss personally, but not generally.

And I just made a joke, that was drawn out way too long. 

23 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

That wasn't my intention. I simply stated why it would be silly to put him on the sex offender list for that. 

actually it would not be silly, not in us justice system, your opinion based on how your system works where you are. which is not like ours.

Edited by aztek

Just now, aztek said:

actually it would not be silly, not in us justice system

Then I think that notion of the US justice system is silly.