Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cryogenic frozen brains will be 'woken up'

Still Waters

People who have had their brains cryogenically frozen could be 'woken up' within three years, a pioneering Italian surgeon has claimed.

Professor Sergio Canavero, Director of the Turin Advanced Neuromodulation Group, is aiming to carry out the first human head transplant within 10 months and then wants to begin trials on brain transplants.

If the procedures are successful, he believes that frozen brains could be thawed and inserted into a donor body. 

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/cryogenically-frozen-brains-apos-woken-104640695.html

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Imaginarynumber1

• darkmoonlady

• Still Waters

• freetoroam

Popular Days

The article mentions brain transplants so by woken up it means put in a donor body. Whenever I hear a surgeon saying he is about to crack brain transplantation I chuckle. Many have said they could but even with fine microsurgery done now we are miles away from the ability to transplant a brain. If it ever happens at all. I would say it's not going to be necessary if technology gains the ability to download consciousness into a matrix. 

The new modern day Frankenstein could be walking out streets? I really can not see this working well.

brain tranplants? How is that ever going to work? Someone elses brain...memory....thoughts.....? I am not even sure this should even be allowed.

how many people has this been tried on before the surgeon got to this stage of talking in public? I still believe there have been secret experiments on humans....forget mice and monkeys, these mad surgeons needed a human to try this out on.....and the  testing is still not over, by a long way.

58 minutes ago, seanjo said:

I remain sceptical, there are real medical reasons why a frozen brain can not and will not be able to be revived. There is an ethical reason or two as well...for example, your disembodied brain is woken up, with no sensory input, just a thinking lump in the dark.....how quickly would madness follow I wonder.

How do you know you're not just a brain in a jar already?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, seanjo said:

Because no one would make an avatar as ugly as me...

Hey, you're the brain. 

The ugly, ugly, brain.