Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Attempted Terror Attack in London?

Duke Wellington

12 minutes ago, and then said:

People that won't lift a hand to fight for their freedom, don't deserve to be free.  

This.

These attacks are going to happen all over the world, unless the whole world comes together to stamped them out :(

11 hours ago, bee said:

and speaking of idiots..... 

Published on Apr 25, 2017

The President of Austria, Alexander Van der Bellen, lets women know that there will come a day when they will all be asked to wear headscarves out of solidarity towards muslims. 

"It's every woman's right... do men wear headscarves, too? No, or do they?... It's every woman's right to wear whatever she likes, that's my opinion on the matter. 

By the way, not only muslim women - any woman can wear a headscarf... and if it goes on like this - and with that I’m at the next question, the actual rampant islamophobia - there will come a day where we will have to ask all women to wear a headscarf - all! - out of solidarity towards those who do it for religious reasons."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FFS  Austria get this traitor out of power ASAP -

(edit to add -- I was going to start a thread with this - but for now I'll put it here as the subject of idiots came up :) )

9 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Yeah this is insanity.

He didn't say they would require all women to wear headscarfs.  He said if Islamophobia continues to grow there may come a time when we ask all women to wear a headscarf as a show of solidarity for those who wear them for religious reasons.

I'm with him, I don't give a crap what other people wear.

When I worked further from home a few years ago and had to ride the bus to my job there was a woman that wore a full burka on my bus every day.  It was all black and it made me uncomfortable and despite myself I would fume in my head that  I was offended this woman would come to America and dress like a demonic ghost.  Then one day the bus was especially full and an older woman got on the bus and this burka clad woman got up and in the sweetest little African accented voice said "Excuse me Ma'am, please take my seat I can stand" and then it hit me that maybe this person wasn't some American hating foreigner purposefully separating herself from the rest of society, she was just a nice young lady who for whatever reason chooses to exercise her God given right to cover herself in public.  Doesn't get more American than that really.

• Like 1

Just now, OverSword said:

He didn't say they would require all women to wear headscarfs.  He said if Islamophobia continues to grow there may come a time when we ask all women to wear a headscarf as a show of solidarity for those who wear them for religious reasons.

When I worked further from home a few years ago and had to ride the bus to my job there was a woman that wore a full burka on my bus every day.  It was all black and it made me uncomfortable and despite myself I would fume in my head that  I was offended this woman would come to America and dress like a demonic ghost.  Then one day the bus was especially full and an older woman got on the bus and this burka clad woman got up and in the sweetest little African accented voice said "Excuse me Ma'am, please take my seat I can stand" and then it hit me that maybe this person wasn't some American hating foreigner purposefully separating herself from the rest of society, she was just a nice young lady who for whatever reason chooses to exercise her God given right to cover herself in public.  Doesn't get more American than that really.

Oh so your saying the statement meant like a one time "im with her" kinda thing. Thats certainly a better perspective on that story! 

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Oh so your saying the statement meant like a one time "im with her" kinda thing. Thats certainly a better perspective on that story! 

I don't think it was necessarily one time, but yes.  It wasn't a requirement he proposed, it's a way to show that these people are just humans living their lives like everyone else.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

Just now, OverSword said:

Well he can ask, I suppose - but why women would want to wear the headscarf in solidarity with religious indoctrination and
enforced dress code I don't know - I certainly wouldn't - 

not all muslim women in the West wear the headscarf but many wouldn't dare not to - it is compulsory for many or they would be,
ostracized or worse...by their family and community... it would be considered disobedient and disrespectful and bring shame on
their family - so they are coerced and compelled to cover their head. 

I am in favour of discouraging religious indoctrination and discouraging the Islamification of Western culture, not supporting it - 

Anyway - why does it fall to women, in the Austrian President's world to be ''''asked'''' to do something to combat '''islamaphobia'''.

Will he ask men (ALL men) to don the traditional outfit and maybe bow down on the floor five times a day and pray to god -
in solidarity with their Brothers...?....

No don't think so -

• Like 1