Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Attempted Terror Attack in London?

Duke Wellington

This is what the BBC are reporting -

A man who was carrying knives near the Houses of Parliament has been arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences.

The man, in his 20s, was arrested at 14:22 BST by armed police as part of a stop-and-search operation on Whitehall.

A witness described seeing two knives on the ground, one of which he described as a large bread knife.

A Metropolitan Police statement said there were no injuries. The suspect is in custody in a south London police station.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39736733

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

This is what the BBC are reporting -

There is one in Berlin too

:unsure:...what else can be said that hasn't already been said many times.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sweetpumper said:

Keep lettin' 'em in. Idiots.

I think I've said that before.

That still doesn't help with the homegrown terrorists. It's sadly not that easy. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, FLOMBIE said:

That still doesn't help with the homegrown terrorists. It's sadly not that easy. 

I wonder who radicalizes them?

• Like 1

Just now, OverSword said:

I wonder who radicalizes them?

Vile Imams, the internet, peers, mental problems. I'm not here to defend Islam; I know your thinking that. 

• Like 2

Ban the sale of breadknives.  Then the "terrorists" won't have anything to hurt us with :tu:

(and knowing the Daily Mail, and the useless shower of incompetents seeking re-election to parliament, that's exactly what will be demanded!)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

Vile Imams, the internet, peers, mental problems. I'm not here to defend Islam; I know your thinking that. 

Well my guess was going to be refugees and refugee Imam's.   But that's probably just a ridiculous thing for me to say.

Edited by OverSword

Well my guess was going to be refugees and refugee Imam's. 

Well then, no. There is no need for that. I have actually read accounts of Syrian refugees who were appalled by what they have heard in some mosques over here. They called for more modern priests.

The problem isn't the refugees itself. It's the radical Islamic school which might radicalize ANY Muslim, no matter if they are homegrown or not. But the refugees as an entire group make an easy scapegoat, I suppose.

You know, we've had radical Islamists long before the refugee crisis. How would you explain that? The thing is, no one even needs direct contact to a person to radicalize. All it needs is logging into the internet. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

You know, we've had radical Islamists long before the refugee crisis. How would you explain that? The thing is, no one even needs direct contact to a person to radicalize. All it needs is logging into the internet. 

And a serious mental condition.

You are a very nice man Flombie.

• Like 4

Indeed. A serious case of religious delusion. 

Aw, thank you. :)

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, OverSword said:

There is actually a cultural reason behind the apparently high percentage of "mentally ill Muslims". Well, cultural and biological. It's incredibly un-PC to talk about but the data supports it.

Spoiler

1400 years of inbreeding.

BBC: The Risks of Cousin Marriages
DailyMail: First cousin marriages in Muslim communities are putting hundreds of children at risk
NYT: Saudi Arabia Awakes to Perils of Inbreeding

A rough estimate shows that close to half of all Muslims in the world are inbred: In Pakistan, 70 percent of all marriages are between first cousins (so-called "consanguinity") and in Turkey the amount is between 25-30 percent (Jyllands-Posten, 27/2 2009 More stillbirths among immigrants"

There are repercussions in terms of physical health but also aggression and lowered IQ. So many of theses terrorists may actually be mentally ill but not for the reasons one would first suspect. How's that for a dry red pill first thing in the morning? :wacko:

• Like 6

10 hours ago, OverSword said:

Well my guess was going to be refugees and refugee Imam's.   But that's probably just a ridiculous thing for me to say.

It's part of the problem for sure, but sadly the bigger problem, as FLOMBIE suggested, is that they are already here. Many of them are second and third generation immigrants.

As with other European countries, we've foolishly allowed entire communities to be taken over.

This isn't integration and a showcase of multiculturalism. It's a takeover, with mosques, Islamic schools and closed communities.

Before we get any UK liberals jumping in to protest too, look at the statistics:

Islam in the United Kingdom

Blackburn, for example, has a Muslim population of 27.4%. Having worked in Blackburn myself in the past, I've seen just how well multiculturism works there... or not.

It's only going to get worse too. As I pointed out in another thread, the percentage of Muslims in Britain as a whole is estimated to rise over 3% in the next thirteen years. Again, only partially down to new refugees. The largest increase simply comes from the mindset. Muslim women stay at home and make babies, while Millenials turn their backs on family units and traditional lifestyles.

Of course, I'm generalizing here. Many Muslims buck the trend and adopt a more Western lifestyle. Some young folk still pursue work and family in the time-honoured tradition.

The overall pattern is very clear and very real though.

• Like 8

It seems there has been a seperate incident tonight too:

Woman shot in Willesden anti-terror operation

"A woman in her 20s has been shot by police and four people arrested in an anti-terror operation in north-west London and Kent, Scotland Yard says.

Officers say the operation was not connected to the earlier arrest of a man near Parliament."

• Like 1

Just now, Sweetpumper said:

Keep lettin' 'em in. Idiots.

I think I've said that before.

and speaking of idiots..... 

Published on Apr 25, 2017

The President of Austria, Alexander Van der Bellen, lets women know that there will come a day when they will all be asked to wear headscarves out of solidarity towards muslims. 

"It's every woman's right... do men wear headscarves, too? No, or do they?... It's every woman's right to wear whatever she likes, that's my opinion on the matter. 

By the way, not only muslim women - any woman can wear a headscarf... and if it goes on like this - and with that I’m at the next question, the actual rampant islamophobia - there will come a day where we will have to ask all women to wear a headscarf - all! - out of solidarity towards those who do it for religious reasons."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FFS  Austria get this traitor out of power ASAP -

(edit to add -- I was going to start a thread with this - but for now I'll put it here as the subject of idiots came up :) )

Edited by bee
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, bee said:

The President of Austria, Alexander Van der Bellen, lets women know that there will come a day when they will all be asked to wear headscarves out of solidarity towards muslims. 

"It's every woman's right... do men wear headscarves, too? No, or do they?... It's every woman's right to wear whatever she likes, that's my opinion on the matter. 

By the way, not only muslim women - any woman can wear a headscarf... and if it goes on like this - and with that I’m at the next question, the actual rampant islamophobia - there will come a day where we will have to ask all women to wear a headscarf - all! - out of solidarity towards those who do it for religious reasons."

(edit to add -- I was going to start a thread with this - but for now I'll put it here as the subject of idiots came up :) )

Yeah this is insanity.

• Like 3

Idiots. :)

'DON'T TOUCH MY BODY'

Dramatic moment cops battled to treat first female terror suspect shot in UK history as she yelled ‘get off my dress’ – in raid that foiled ‘active terror plot’ and saw six arrested

The woman, 20, was gunned down as heavily-armed officers swooped on the house in Willesden, North West London

https://www.************/news/3436690/london-terror-raid-willesden-shooting-woman/

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 4:36 PM, OverSword said:

I always found the assertion that anybody who doesnt agree with our core values must be brainwashed to be hilarious.

Its like we dont believe adults can make up their own minds about things. I think we might find a large number of the terrorists are either gay, have attempted suicide, or committed other mortal sins. They are taking the conflict this causes with their religion and blaming the evil West for it. Then martyring themselves against our people.

How is a deep belief in Islam compatible with Western society? And therefore why are we letting in deeply religious Muslim immigrants?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bee said:

shakes head

Muslims won't impose Sharia on the West. The west will impose it on themselves.

9 minutes ago, The Russian Hare said:

shakes head

Muslims won't impose Sharia on the West. The west will impose it on themselves.

Some parts may.  Others are still familiar with the idea that "some people just NEED killing"  People that won't lift a hand to fight for their freedom, don't deserve to be free.  

• Like 2