Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ted Cruz steps up

ellapenella

Senator Ted Cruz just came up with a brilliant plan to build Trump’s wall. He is pushing a bill that will be used to seize the assets from drug kingpins like El Chapo. He is going to use it to fund the border wall.

The idea behind the act is that U.S. prosecutors will get $14 billion in drug profits and other assets of El Chapo’s. Numerous drug traffickers and cartels will seize assets from top level cartel members. The acronym for the law is “E-L-C-H-A-P-O”

https://libertywriters.com/2017/04/check-mate-ted-cruz-just-came-up-with-perfect-way-to-make-mexico-pay-for-trumps-wall/

• Like 1

Sounds like they'll stiff the ATF with the bill since they seize so much drug money and property.

I always ask myself if America could have voted for anyone worse that Trump for president... and then I think of Cruz.

• Like 4

Numerous drug traffickers and cartels will seize assets from top level cartel members.

Well that makes sense.  It's so "brilliant", I can't even understand it. 

Donald Trump hasn't signed off on it yet either, whatever it is.  Will he recognize Cruz's "brilliance" when he sees it?  

Instead of wall-building we should be border-protecting, and nobody would even have to ask "who's going to pay for it."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

I always ask myself if America could have voted for anyone worse that Trump for president... and then I think of Cruz.

Blame Canada.

(also from Canada are; Justin Beiber, Celine Dion and Nickelback).

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Yamato said:

Well that makes sense.  It's so "brilliant", I can't even understand it. 

Donald Trump hasn't signed off on it yet either, whatever it is.  Will he recognize Cruz's "brilliance" when he sees it?  

Instead of wall-building we should be border-protecting, and nobody would even have to ask "who's going to pay for it."

Or hire an English teacher.

• Like 1

Are these assets that the ATF has already seized?  If so, they are already part of US Govt. property.  We can earmark it for building a wall or law enforcement or even reducing the national debt.  I suppose it has some poetic appeal if applied to the wall.  Nobody cares about the national debt.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Or hire an English teacher.

Or elect a teacher into office would be even better.

Heck the immigrants from Mexico stand a much better chance of being bilingual than the average American.  Learning Spanish is one of the best strategic advantages one can have to make themselves employable in the marketplace.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Yamato said:

Or elect a teacher into office would be even better.

Heck the immigrants from Mexico stand a much better chance of being bilingual than the average American.  Learning Spanish is one of the best strategic advantages one can have to make themselves employable in the marketplace.

Illegals entering America from anywhere illegally are not immigrants here, they are illegal aliens that have broken our laws,  you need to learn right from wrong and our laws.

Of course are they immigrants. Or why are we distinguishing between legal and illegal immigrants?

12 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Are these assets that the ATF has already seized?  If so, they are already part of US Govt. property.  We can earmark it for building a wall or law enforcement or even reducing the national debt.  I suppose it has some poetic appeal if applied to the wall.  Nobody cares about the national debt.

I don't think you care at all  about America. So stop pretending that you care about our debt.

17 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Sounds like they'll stiff the ATF with the bill since they seize so much drug money and property.

What do you mean? I don't get what you're saying.

Edited by Ellapennella

3 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Illegals entering America from anywhere illegally are not immigrants here, they are illegal aliens that have broken our laws,  you need to learn right from wrong and our laws.

Excuse me?   I didn't say "illegal" or "aliens" or "illegal aliens".   "You need" reading comprehension.

Seems resonable to use all the assets from drug traffickers. 

I would have to look loser at the details since the devil is in the details but at first glance it makes sense

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

Seems resonable to use all the assets from drug traffickers. 

I would have to look loser at the details since the devil is in the details but at first glance it makes sense

It does make sense is the devil the money ? is that it?

7 minutes ago, Yamato said:

Excuse me?   I didn't say "illegal" or "aliens" or "illegal aliens".   "You need" reading comprehension.

That's the factor you are not comprehending . Illegal aliens are not immigrants.

3 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

That's the factor you are not comprehending . Illegal aliens are not immigrants.

Well duh that's what I just corrected you about.

10 minutes ago, Yamato said:

you have no argument .

50 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

What do you mean? I don't get what you're saying.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms enforce revenue laws and seize the money and property of violators. They were involved in the "Gunwalking" scandal, a few years ago on the border.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Yamato said:

Talk about reading comprehension skills, she was correcting you for using the innocuous term "immigrants" for what are in fact "illegal aliens" which is the legal definition of foreign nationals entering the country illegally.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms enforce revenue laws and seize the money and property of violators. They were involved in the "Gunwalking" scandal, a few years ago on the border.

I know who the ATF . So you're saying that bill will take the 14 billion from the ATF ? I didn't know the money went to them like that.

Just now, Ellapennella said:

I know who the ATF . So you're saying that bill will take the 14 billion from the ATF ? I didn't know the money went to them like that.

They rake their share, much as the DEA and IRS do, also. Heck, there's all sorts of slush funds for government organizations no one hears about. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

I don't think you care at all  about America. So stop pretending that you care about our debt.

I have kids and soon grand kids.  I care about America not just for me but also for the next generations.  I can support myself and my family.  I have never needed government assistance.  I have plenty of money even to save some for retirement after giving to the church and charities. We donate time as well as money. I care about citizens, even the poor ones. I am not saying I am a wonderful guy, just an average one and sometimes a jerk. You don't even know me.  We can argue about opinions all day long, but you make me mad when you flip up some comment about my patriotism or citizenship. I don't agree with you about a lot of things, but I have never doubted that you love your country. I don't like Democrats and I don't like Republicans and I don't trust Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, or Ted Cruz   I am trying to wait and give Donald Trump a chance, but I haven't seen anything yet.  I hope in another year he is not just another Republican or Democrat standing chin deep in the Washington swamp of money. Personally, I would rather pay off the national debt than get a tax cut.