Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

So it turns out Im a damn psychic

preacherman76

As a few folks here are aware I've been having some strange synchronicities lately. Well today I had another what I consider to be a pretty big one.

So check this out, I have a cousin who is much younger then me. Mid 20's. He was dating this girl for a while. They almost got married, but it ended up not working out. Me and my wife only met her a couple times at family functions. Her and my wife kinda hit it off the couple times we saw her, and my wife considered her a friend.

So like a week after they broke up, my wife mentioned to me that she happened to see her out at an IHOP. So I ask my wife how she was doing, and she told me that it was kinda awkward, so she didn't talk with her. This all happened like a year ago. Neither me nor my wife has seen or heard from her since. In fact, the whole thing was so insignificant to me that it wouldn't be worth mentioning at all, if not for todays events.

So today, about an hour ago in fact, I'm driving around doing work related tasks when I get super hungry. I knew I wasn't far from this little pizza place I stop in from time to time, so I decided to go there. I'm about one mile from the parking lot of the pizza place, when for what ever reason I suddenly recall my wife seeing this girl at IHOP, a year ago (at least). I even think to myself, how strange it was that that had popped into my head. I've never once thought about it or her after the day my wife told me she saw her. 

By now I'm in the parking lot, walking into the pizza place when I'll be damned there she is waiting in line picking up a pie. SMH I just don't know what to make of it. If this had been the only thing, I would have just called it a crazy coincidence. But this is happening to me all the time now. 

• Like 3

When you live in the same area, occasionally meeting the same person is nearly unavoidable. Nothing out of the ordinary here.

• Like 3

Just now, Carnivorfox said:

When you live in the same area, occasionalanmeeting the same person is nearly unavoidable. Nothing out of the ordinary hhe

Happens in small towns usually since three are few good places to eat.

6 minutes ago, Carnivorfox said:

When you live in the same area, occasionally meeting the same person is nearly unavoidable. Nothing out of the ordinary here.

Two things on that. I have never seen this girl in the area I live in. Second, It isn't that I saw her at all. Its that she, a person I have thought of maybe twice in my whole life, came to my mind just before I saw her.

• Like 2

Sounds like a possible psychic experience. I had something quite similar to this happen to me once in my college days and it felt different to me than your everyday coincidence. (if it was an everyday (non-psychic) coincidence you would think it would happen more frequently than once). But I have to remain open-minded to both the psychic and non-psychic explanations in my case.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, kartikg said:

A string of coincidence s perhaps?

Perhaps. But WOW Ive had now several coincidences that to me are out right mind blowing and statistically near impossible. 

To put this into perspective, here are two other examples I posted not long ago.

I've never had any psychic abilities, never looked into whether others might have them either. Basically it's just a subject I've never really had any interest in. Sure I have the occasional feeling. Like a couple months ago I was the last one leaving the house for the day, I'm half way out the door when I get a strong feeling I should go back in and make sure all the appliances were turned off. Turns out my wife left her curling iron on. Obviously I just brush that off as a coincidence. 

However something a little strange happened last Sunday that I just can't seem to wrap my head around. I'm a big American football fan. The NY Giants are my team. I've watched damn near everyone of their games since I was probably 15 years old.  

They had a big playoff game last Sunday against Green Bay. So it's like 20 minutes before the game starts, and I'm getting ready to watch it. For some really strange reason I suddenly remember a single play in a game that happened probably 15 years ago. It was a situation where everyone on the field thought the ball was dead, but the play was actually a fumble. Guys we're standing around a live ball as if the play was over, till they saw the refs were still just standing there, then everyone scrambled for the ball. Never seen that happen before or since. 

I thought it was strange that I had thought of that. I can't remember once thinking about it in all these years since. It was like my mind for whatever reason pulled up the file of that memory for no reason what so ever. 

So fast forward to Sunday's game. Don't cha know the same exact damn thing happened. Soon as it did I became seriously perplexed. Why would I think of that play, from well over a decade ago, on the exact day I would see the same thing happen, for only the second time in my life. Guess when push comes to shove I have to call it a coincidence. But WOW that is one hell of a coincidence. 

Ok so I've had about 5 things similar happen since I posted this. I'll give you the best one. About a week ago me and my 5 year old son were outside getting ready for the blizzard that was about to hit NY. Making sure the shovels were out, putting lids on garbage cans ect. So my son grabs this piece of ice that's half melted that was hanging off a tree. The water begins dripping off his hand. So he turns to me and says, "hey Dad look, I know how to make water". I'm so concentrated on the tasks at hand that I kinda blow him off. About 10 seconds later I look over at him, and he was clearly disappointed I didn't care about his discovery that he can "make water". So I stop for a minute and say "Oh wow look you really are making water". Then I tell him what was really happening that the ice was melting. Then I went into as kid friendly as I could how to actually make water. Had to explain to him what hydrogen and oxygen were. How if you get the right mix, and apply heat, you will actually make water.

So we go inside. I start a fire in the fire place, and get ready for the worst storm we've seen in a long time. I figured I'd put on a movie while I still could, in case the power went out. (thank God it didn't) So I pick a movie I had been skipping over from the fire stick several times called Martian. I think that was the name of it. Its about this guy who was on a group Mars mission, and had inadvertently been left behind. Anyhow long story short, this guy figures a way to grow potatoes on Mars for his survival. Don't cha know he goes through this long ordeal trying to make water to grow the potatoes. Breaks down everything I had just said to my son about it not one hour later.  

Seems this is happening to me at least once a week now. Very odd. I don't know what to make of it.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Sounds like a possible psychic experience. I had something quite similar to this happen to me once in my college days and it felt different to me than your everyday coincidence. (if it was an everyday (non-psychic) coincidence you would think it would happen more frequently than once). But I have to remain open-minded to both the psychic and non-psychic explanations in my case.

I guess this is what makes all this so strange to me. I've never been open to any of this.

@preacherman

I think the best way to verify that you really are getting these visions or notions is to keep an small book or even an note taking app on your mobile so that before you take action on your psychic feeling is to note it down and timestamp it because i feel your mind might be playing trick and convincing you that you had a psychic vision or feeling after an event occured.

20 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I guess this is what makes all this so strange to me. I've never been open to any of this.

Which is really kind of interesting to me. Most of us need to open to this stuff to receive that precognitive information.

John

• Like 1

Play any numbers that pop into your head on your local lottery for the next 6 months. Let me know how much you win.

Of course, I expect a small fee of 25% of your winnings for suggesting the idea.

• Like 1

Interesting Interesting 

I'd discount the appliances being on one though. Your sub concious probably noticed it was on when you walked by or something 

• Like 1

Let us know when your new ability morphs into anything that actually matters. Thanks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gary Meadows said:

Let us know when your new ability morphs into anything that actually matters. Thanks. 

I feel ya on that. So far it's been completely random stuff that has no real effect on me or anyone else at all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John from Lowell said:

Which is really kind of interesting to me. Most of us need to open to this stuff to receive that precognitive information.

John

Guess it's just coming with being open to projection and meditation. That's the best I could come up with anyway 

Great. When did this all start? The coincidences.. I'm thinking about taking a poll on specifics.