Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cylindrical UFO among dark clouds Fowler, CA

Occult Mafia 2000

A while ago, witness took some photos of very dark clouds over Fowler, CA and only afterwards when looking through the photos he noticed in one of the photos a large transparent cylinder object among the clouds.

Source #1 : UFO Sightings Hotspot

Source #2 : Activité Paranormale

Edited by Vampiric Ruby
  • Like 2

It really just looks like something on the camera lens. 

Here's a link to the higher resolution photo: 83156_submitter_file1__fullsizeoutput185

I'll give candy to anyone who can find a second photo of this, or any other photos taken at the time using the same camera. 

Surely there's more than one photo? Surely you'd supply more than one photo if submitting a MUFON report.

It is MUFON case 83156. 

• Like 5

Transparent cylindrical object?  :huh:  I don't think so.

The MUFON report says that he doesn't remember seeing anything when he took the photo, yet also says that he "wanted to take photos of it"?   Doesn't even remember what year it was taken, yet remembers being alone and hearing no noise, despite it being just a completely forgettable photo of nothing in the sky taken 3 or 4 years ago?  Sounds like he just found some photo with a lens flare in it, and made up some ad hoc report and posted it to MUFON.

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 1

Whatever it is, it's pretty close to the camera. Bug, debris/hair/fiber or what have you. Could even be ON the lens. But it isn't way up in the sky

Edited by Vlawde
  • Like 2

Looks like it's probably a lens flare to me.  What it most definitely is not is a large object in the vicinity of the cloud.

Speaking as one who has taken, quite literally, thousands of photos of clouds ......

• Like 2

Actually, what it most looks like is a reflection - but that assumes the pic was taken through a window.  

Thanks for the comments !!! I once saw a cigar UFO and i know they are out there !!!

;) Vampiric Ruby

Edited by Vampiric Ruby

8 hours ago, Essan said:

Actually, what it most looks like is a reflection - but that assumes the pic was taken through a window.  

I believe this image was discussed here at UM earlier and it turned out indeed to be taken through a window and the reflection was lights. I'll see if I can find the discussion and if it indeed is the same image.

Cheers,
Badeskov

• Like 1

22 hours ago, badeskov said:

I believe this image was discussed here at UM earlier and it turned out indeed to be taken through a window and the reflection was lights. I'll see if I can find the discussion and if it indeed is the same image.

Cheers,
Badeskov

I remember that one in Canada(?) we debunked with google maps, I don't think you're thinking of that though because it was quite a different photo with buildings etc. as well.

Oh yeah, you could see the reflection of an exit sign too :lol:

Edited by Timonthy
The second bit.
  • Like 1

Someone took a pic with a golf ball passing through. I've noticed that when I toss a ball, or rock, and take a pic, it often looks stretched out. Unless I use the flash. I think most modern automatic cameras take a faster shutter speed with the flash set, and a longer shutter speed when the flash is off. Though I could be wrong. And could depend on the camera.

Exposure time was 1/500 second according to EXIF.  But I don't think it's an actual object in the photograph, looks more likely a lens flare or reflection of some sort.

EXIF also gives the date as being 20th May 2014, despite the report saying "could've been either in 2013 or 2014", and the MUFON report giving an incident date of 20 August 2013.  It's possible of course that the clock on the camera wasn't set properly or working properly and thus the date is unreliable.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Could it be the weird mystery plane spotted in California? 

California Cylindrical UFO Sighting Could Be Mystery Plane 

Doubtful. 

That's some seriously dubious UFO reporting in that link.  Someone photographs an odd aircraft at a California airport.  A month earlier someone reported a silver cylindrical UFO, also in California.  There's absolutely no link between the mystery aircraft and the UFO, yet the author makes a completely unfounded possible link between them because it apparently "sounds an awful lot like the mystery craft seen a few weeks ago, if you ask me."  It sounds nothing like it and there's no evidence whatsoever to link them, it's just wild speculation. To further confuse matters, there's a photograph of a UFO, beside a photograph of the mystery plane, yet it's not actually a photo of the UFO that was reported, it's merely a photograph included because "witness included this image said to look like the object seen over Lincoln. "  But the article in your link doesn't say that, you have to clink a link to an article on MUFON which mentions that the photograph wasn't actually of the reported UFO, it was just included because the witness said it looked like the object he saw.  So you're given the distinct impression that the photo included is of the UFO reported.

Awfully shoddy 'article' that is.

• Like 2

On 4/29/2017 at 4:07 PM, Timonthy said:

I remember that one in Canada(?) we debunked with google maps, I don't think you're thinking of that though because it was quite a different photo with buildings etc. as well.

Oh yeah, you could see the reflection of an exit sign too :lol:

I can't remember if the one with the "exit" sign reflection prominently featured in the picture was in Canada, but you are correct, that was not the one I was thinking about. I just have this eerie recollection of having seen this very image here at UM, but I naturally could be wrong.

Cheers,
Badeskov   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/05/2017 at 5:05 AM, badeskov said:

I can't remember if the one with the "exit" sign reflection prominently featured in the picture was in Canada, but you are correct, that was not the one I was thinking about. I just have this eerie recollection of having seen this very image here at UM, but I naturally could be wrong.

Cheers,
Badeskov   

Found it: 

:ph34r: