Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant spider webs cover field in New Zealand

Still Waters

Spiders fleeing flooding in New Zealand created a massive 30-metre spiderweb that shimmered in the light on Sunday, April 16.

Tauranga resident Tracey Maris told Storyful that she saw the massive web on Sunday in the city’s suburb of Papamoa, which had seen flooding during Cyclone Cook.

She recounted her encounter with the giant web thusly:

https://licensed.storyful.com/videos/164110

• Like 5

A field of nope 

• Like 4

I have to agree with Farmer77, a definite field of nope! It does look pretty, though.

• Like 2

They see giant spider webs and they get surprised when they see spiders in it. Hmmm, how did they think that spider webs are created?

• Like 1

BURN IT DOWN WITH HELL FIRE - just kidding... Its not a field of dreams but a field of nightmares

• Like 1

That looks so cool! Especially when the wind is blowing. I definitely wouldn't walk in it. It would make an excellent scene in a creepy movie.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Peter Cox said:

BURN IT DOWN WITH HELL FIRE - just kidding... Its not a field of dreams but a field of nightmares

" If you build it, they will.... RUN LIKE HELL!!!!!!"

• Like 1

There is only one logical solution to that massive cobweb, and that is to set fire to the field. Nope... nope. NOPE!

• Like 1

So how much would someone have to pay you to run through that field in nothing but either a speedo or bikini?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wickian said:

So how much would someone have to pay you to run through that field in nothing but either a speedo or bikini?

Well, as long as I had shoes on I would do it...NEVER. EVER.