Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Using math and physics in time travel machine

Occult Mafia 2000

After some serious number crunching, a researcher says that he has come up with a mathematical model for a viable time machine: a Traversable Acausal Retrograde Domain in Space-time TARDIS. He describes it as a bubble of space-time geometry which carries its contents backward and forwards through space and time as it tours a large circular path. The bubble moves through space-time at speeds greater than the speed of light at times, allowing it to move backward in time.

Source : Science Daily News
  • Like 4

Hi, Vampiric Ruby.

This sort of thing fascinates me.  Wondering how it relates to the Alcubierre warp/drive/bubble, I found an excellent pdf

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1310.7985.pdf

that details how, in Tippett's and Tsang's geometry, "a bubble of curvature travels along a closed trajectory," i.e. "Unlike

the Alcubierre drive, the trajectory of the bubble is closed in space time."  Uncertain is whether or not that will offset the

"Dangerous Blueshifting" mentioned therein.

Edited by aka CAT
  • Like 3

Since I'm going to reference this thread in a related one, posted in the "Science & Technology" section,

www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/307080-time-travel-is-mathematically-possible/#comment-6125814

I'll add a link to a somewhat pertinent audio-video (a-v) herein.   Below is the a-v, mostly bunk, which satisfactorily illustrates an explanation of the Alcubierre warp drive and resultant 'bubble.'  Set to begin at 1:06:10, only watch the said documentary for 1 1/2  to 3 minutes.

Edited by aka CAT
  • Like 1