Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

It's morning in America,Once Again

ellapenella

I liked the part with Reagan :tu: That guy could really give a speech.

it's another bright, shiny new dawn in The Donald's utopian wonderland! Rejoice, comrades!  

Image result for donald trump big brother

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Today's speech, did anyone catch it? Amazingly powerful remarks.

Strength Through Joy!

Just now, Ellapennella said:

You must not be an American Patriot.

Wow so anyone who disagrees with the dear leader isnt a patriot huh? Thats only a slightly fascist mindset 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Wow so anyone who disagrees with the dear leader isnt a patriot huh? Thats only a slightly fascist mindset 

about this , yeah.especially about this.

eta

listen before you comment, please.

Edited by Ellapennella

about this , yeah.especially;y about this.

Im as pro 2nd amendment as they come but I still find labeling those with differing opinions as somehow anti or un American to be McCarthyish in nature, Joe, not the blonde who's poster I had on my wall 

• Like 1

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Im as pro 2nd amendment as they come but I still find labeling those with differing opinions as somehow anti or un American to be McCarthyish in nature, Joe, not the blonde who's poster I had on my wall 

What are you complaining about concerning what President Trump said? 

9 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

You must not be an American Patriot.

I'd wager that I'm most likely the biggest proponent of the 2nd Amendment on this forum.  

Great Speech. I especially liked the analogy of what's happening as to what happened with the British regarding the shot heard around the world and how our rag tag Army was the most powerful army on the face of the earth , think about that , that's amazing.God truly blessed America.

The eight years of what the prior administration has tried to do to us all is no more, we crushed it !

Edited by Ellapennella

14 minutes ago, hatecraft said:

I'd wager that I'm most likely the biggest proponent of the 2nd Amendment on this forum.  

Doubt that you are the biggest with that attitude about this speech, who you fooling? you were not impressed. you obviously can not be what you claim to be because I don't think any patriot would be unless you're just not paying attention to everything or maybe it's that God was included,Is that it? That's it isn't it. What else could it be?

Any Patriot would say that they were impressed after all that we've been through. No, you don't fool me.

Edited by Ellapennella

20 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

But it makes thinking so much easier!

• Like 1

* Update: Today's Two Minutes Hate will be directed at Kim Jong-Un, not Kim Kardashian as erroneously stated in today's program of events. The minion responsible for this error has been fed into the Memory Hole. Now please return to your appointed places of work, comrades. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

it's another bright, shiny new dawn in The Donald's utopian wonderland! Rejoice, comrades!  

Image result for donald trump big brother

You so funny.  What was it Truman used to say?  "I didn't give'em hell, I just told the truth and they THOUGHT it was hell!"

• Like 2

yikes...

this is all so tribal and repulsive to me... and no matter which country or politician or religious leader spews it, it usually leads to one of the most terrifying concepts I know of or have encountered in the human realm of influence... and that is 'justified', or if it's not doing that, it's designed to at least steer and prompt persuasive submission in those who willingly swallow it, so those who wish to perpetrate it unencumbered may do so.

More terrible acts are committed in the name of being justified (look at the reasoning behind any holy war... or most personal murders... at some point, it's not only justified to commit violence or suppression against those 'others', but it is shaped into an obligation and if you don't join in with this patriotic/godly/justfied action, you may well see the rest of the tribe turn on you and burn you at the stake, or put you in prison and sieze your property and businesses, or...)... or so it seems to me. 

Absolute certainties, sweeping generalizations... tribal identifications and divisive political/religious doctrine is reprehensible and harmful in the extreme. 

It's nigh on impossible for me to be patriotic to this any country, or any... since no country in existence has ever been founded on anything other than violence, slavery and coercion...  I mean, are you really that proud of America?  Have you delved into history in depth?  America was indeed founded economically and politically on the very christian principles laid out in the bible.. of enslaved of other tribes (africans), indentured servitude of those within the tribes (europeans) and the utter purging and near gtotal genocide of the indigenous natives. 

My grandmother couldn't vote until she was in her 30's... it wasn't legal.  My great grandmother, never voted ever in her life... Many of our ideas of our country and it's nobility are based on projected biases we rarely like to explore, as they make us very uncomfortable. 

Truly, for me... all this flag waving and chest beating seems to do little but gather and steer emotional momentum which is most often used either as distraction or worse, in violent outburts of 'justified' rage and harm, or to elicit compliance or active support for the violence of others.

It's good to remember that wars are started by those who do not fight them... and those same people who start them yet do not fight in them, profit most and lose least in the processing of them. 

Harry Patch WW1 veteran was asked how he felt about being a war hero and his experience about the war looking back.  He was asked this at one of these televised events that glorify the 'heroes of war' and pump everyone up with patriotic fervor and his response has always resonated in me like Vajra.

I felt then, as I feel now, that the politicians who took us to war should have been given the guns and told to settle their differences themselves, instead of organising nothing better than legalised mass murder.

I don't have the answers, no one does... we all live and work our way through life as we can, with the resources we possess and within the conditions that are all out of our control. 

I don't hate any of you here... though some of the manners of expressing opinions is very unsettling at times.  very unsettling.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Doubt that you are the biggest with that attitude about this speech, who you fooling? you were not impressed. you obviously can not be what you claim to be because I don't think any patriot would be unless you're just not paying attention to everything or maybe it's that God was included,Is that it? That's it isn't it. What else could it be?

Any Patriot would say that they were impressed after all that we've been through. No, you don't fool me.

I heard no mention of repealing the NFA or GCA.  I heard no mention of the Hughes Amendment or the 1989 import ban.  I heard no mention of nation wide constitutional carry.  I heard no mention of the Hearing Protection Act.  I heard no mention of the federal government forcing states such as California and New York to be in compliance with the 2nd Amendment. But he gave a shout out to hunters and sportsmen, so that makes everything ok.

Robert Anton Wilson put it very succinctly when he observed:

Every national border marks the place where two gangs of bandits got too exhausted to kill each other anymore and signed a treaty. Patriotism is the delusion that one of these gangs of bandits is better than all the others.

Edited by quiXilver
fix quote
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

.  I mean, are you really that proud of America? 

USA is the only country who millions preferred to live in over their native countries, by majority of people in the world.

better to ask them, since you obviously do not know how it is in the rest of the world. and definitely do not appreciate what you have.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

It's nigh on impossible for me to be patriotic to this any country, or any... since no country in existence has ever been founded on anything other than violence, slavery and coercion...

Welcome to Earth. Have you been here long?

I mean, are you really that proud of America?  Have you delved into history in depth?  America was indeed founded economically and politically on the very christian principles laid out in the bible.. of enslaved of other tribes (africans), indentured servitude of those within the tribes (europeans) and the utter purging and near gtotal genocide of the indigenous natives. 

The more I hear this argument, the more tiresome I find it. Yeah, America was not founded without bloodshed but neither was any other significant nation. Africans sold us Africans, there were a very small number of actual slave owners, etc, etc. These arguments have been laid to rest time and time again. Did you forget that we also fought to end slavery? Or that Native Americans were slaughtering and enslaving each other long before we got here? We continue to evolve with the times, continue to fight for liberty and freedom for all. I don't know what else you expect us to do. Freedom isn't free and the history of humanity is bloody and chaotic. It is what it is.

"Uh, like Columbus committed genocide and we are living on their land"

Yeah, a savage race that hadn't even invented the wheel sold us their land for shiny beads and alcohol. But guess what? The Natives are still here. We gave them chunks of land, money and allowed them to live as they please. We didn't have to do that. We didn't wipe them out though we could have. How many other cultures would have allowed them to coexist?

I still maintain that Western culture is the best the world has to offer right now. Until that changes, let's hear more gratitude than griping about what people should have done differently hundreds of years ago. YEESH!

Nothing personal, quiXilver, but comparing America only to itself is a little unfair.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hatecraft said:

I heard no mention of repealing the NFA or GCA.  I heard no mention of the Hughes Amendment or the 1989 import ban.  I heard no mention of nation wide constitutional carry.  I heard no mention of the Hearing Protection Act.  I heard no mention of the federal government forcing states such as California and New York to be in compliance with the 2nd Amendment. But he gave a shout out to hunters and sportsmen, so that makes everything ok.

Maybe impressed is not the correct word i should of utilized more like how refreshing to have an American President that is himself a Patriot and is keeping his promises as he said we came through for him and he is going to do the same for us.

eta

So did you listen before I posted it because as soon I posted it you replied , it wasn't even up there for a minute.

So you did listen to it. I don't know what to say to you about that.

What is the GCA?

Edited by Ellapennella

Maybe impressed is not the correct word i should of utilized more like how refreshing to have an American President that is himself a Patriot and is keeping his promises as he said we came through for him and he is going to do the same for us.

Are you sure about that? 

Tracking Donald Trump’s flip-flops in his first 100 days 

15 Trump Flip-Flops in 15 Days

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 4