Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What happens when a dog is left home alone

Still Waters

Most dog owners imagine that their faithful friend calms down pretty quickly after being left alone – and copes well in their absence.

But that might not actually be true, according to experts from the Battersea Dogs & Cats Home.

Dogs actually start getting stressed once they pick up the fact you’re leaving – perhaps as you walk towards the door – and some dogs may stay stressed right until you get back.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/happens-leave-dog-home-alone-according-experts-121435199.html

• Like 2

Luckily I never had this problem with my dog because I literally took him everywhere with me, but the cats are a different story. The only stress they're under is caused by wanting me to leave, apparently so they can tear up the house! I'll come home and there's curtains on the floor, plants knocked over,etc. and I don't know what's happened. I really need to set up a camera so I can watch the party!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Future ghost said:

Luckily I never had this problem with my dog because I literally took him everywhere with me,

We don't have a dog but our neighbour has two and they drive us nuts each time she goes out. She is aware that they're noisy and leaves a TV/radio on for them, except she has the volume on so loud it's irritating. She used to have three dogs but got rid of one after it nipped her, I believe she got in the way when it went for one of her other dogs.

• Like 1

Just now, Still Waters said:

We don't have a dog but our neighbour has two and they drive us nuts each time she goes out. She is aware that they're noisy and leaves a TV/radio on for them, except she has the volume on so loud it's irritating. She used to have three dogs but got rid of one after it nipped her, I believe she got in the way when it went for one of her other dogs.

If her tv/radio is so loud you can hear it I can only imagine what those poor dogs are going through with their sensitive ears. I'm assuming she does this to cover the noise they're making and not for their viewing/listening pleasure. It seems as though she (and possibly her dogs) would benefit from some extra training and instruction. I tend to not blame the animals, since their behavior is usually a direct reflection of the owners mistakes. But until then, good luck getting any peace and quiet!

• Like 1