Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Conspiracism in Belgium

Alex_Taguieff

Hello, everyone! A few months ago, I moved to Belgium and, recently, I decided to do a kind of research for "conspiracy theories" among Belgians. Are you aware of any of them? I would be interested to know as much as possible about what is believed by people in the country. Also, about specific groups that may have a more "conspiratorial" rhetoric or any websites/forums (preferably in English) where relevant discussions take place. In general, feel free to post anything related... :) 

• Like 1

Marc Dutroux sent shivers down a few spines....this was a very big case, here are a couple of points from the article. 

Marc Dutroux (born 6 November 1956 in Brussels) is a Belgian serial killer and child molester, convicted of having kidnapped, tortured and sexually abused six girls during 1995 and 1996, ranging in age from 8 to 19, four of whom he murdered.

There was speculation that Dutroux was part of a widespread network of pedophiles and Satanists, supposedly including prominent Belgians.

Although he was sentenced to 13 years in prison, Dutroux served only three years before being released for good behavior in 1992

http://murderpedia.org/male.D/d/dutroux-marc.htm

• Like 1

Welcome to UM Alex :st Please, take time to read the site rules, check out some threads.. and enjoy your time here on UM :tu:

I wasn't aware of any CT's from Belgium really, and had to go google, lol. Not much turns up. Freetoroam already beat me on posting the Detroux thing. There's a sort of satire CT that Belgium does not exist. King Albert died in 1934 in an accident without witnesses, and apparently there's several theories about it.

• Like 1

There was the conspiracy of Belgium a few years back. It goes a bit like this:

guy1: I never have been in Belgium. Have you?
guy2: No.
guy1: How do we know it really exist?

And then, the first guy spin the story, flat earth style, where European Union is making up an entire country. to hide... something. Add in Illuminati, E.T., secret European army. Anyone who says they have been in Belgium, or worse, are Belgian themselves, are obviously EU information agent.

It was a story which went around in parties when the conversation started to die out. I know it was a thing in France and Québec, and probably in quite other few places in francophonie. It went viral with internet.

An example here, in French, of course:
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-50-93394284-1-0-1-0-conspiration-la-belgique-n-existe-pas.htm

There seems to be a conspiracy theory on King Albert the first, who died in 1934, climbing alone in the mountains. That he was still alive and was replaced by a quidam whose body have been left in the king's stead as a cover up. His glasses were intact, his body too far from the cliff, why was there no witness?

Or that he was murdered. Politic murder from France? Germany?

Genetic have since proven it was really the king.

There was quite a few conspiracy theory over the Brussels theorist attack, saying it was staged.

Edited by Gingitsune
  • Like 1

as Freetoroam says, Belgium is quite noted for conspiracies. I'd leave that one alone though, it's nasty stuff. 

• Like 1

There's a lack of Conspiracies in Brussels, the home of the European parliament?

There's something fishy about that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

There's a lack of Conspiracies in Brussels, the home of the European parliament?

There's something fishy about that.

Its almost like there is a conspiracy to suppress conspiracies in Belgium. :innocent:

On a more serious note I do remember  that there were some (in)famous UFO reporting from Belgium. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_UFO_wave

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 3

I used to travel a lot to Belgium. If one has the illusion that those folk could really hold secret anything like that, I daresay it is utterly wrong. 

Cheers,

badeskov

• Like 1

On 5/1/2017 at 0:13 AM, Gingitsune said:

There was quite a few conspiracy theory over the Brussels theorist attack, saying it was staged.

Thanks for your post! I guess you meant the Brussels terrorist attack ;) Indeed,I can find some sites on google where the Brussels attack is considered to be a "false flag", etc. I didn't know about that, to be honest. 

On 5/1/2017 at 0:22 AM, oldrover said:

as Freetoroam says, Belgium is quite noted for conspiracies. I'd leave that one alone though, it's nasty stuff. 

What do you mean by "nasty staff"? Please, share anything you know/ have read! :) I would really appreciate it!

On 4/29/2017 at 8:38 PM, freetoroam said:

Marc Dutroux sent shivers down a few spines....this was a very big case, here are a couple of points from the article. 

There are many articles on this case on-line! I guess it was a hot potato in Belgium at that time! :unsure: 

It was a sex abuse scandal. Kids. All I recall was that it was reported over here (BBC) as being very widespread. To be honest Alex, I've dealt with that sort of thing with my job, and if I don't have to I don't. I just sort of forget it if it's not someting I'm involved with if you see what I mean.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex_Taguieff said:

Thanks for your post! I guess you meant the Brussels terrorist attack ;) Indeed,I can find some sites on google where the Brussels attack is considered to be a "false flag", etc. I didn't know about that, to be honest. 

Wrong choice on the auto-correct it seems. :whistle:

I'm glad I at least found one you didn't know about. :tu:

Edited by Gingitsune
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2017 at 8:33 PM, badeskov said:

I used to travel a lot to Belgium. If one has the illusion that those folk could really hold secret anything like that, I daresay it is utterly wrong. 

Cheers,

badeskov

How dare you use common sense and direct personal experience to proclaim a CT a hoax?!

Next you'll say you use reason on a daily basis and never suffered for it.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1