Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elon Musk reveals underground road vision

Still Waters

US entrepreneur Elon Musk has outlined his vision for a tunnel network under Los Angeles and shown how it might work.

Mr Musk also told the Ted (Technology, Entertainment and Design) conference he planned fully autonomous journeys across the US by the end of the year.

He spoke about how he wanted solar-powered roof tiles to be standard on "every home" within 50 years.

And he explained why he is committed to sending a rocket to Mars.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-39741094

• Like 4

Perhaps he got the idea from the 43 Km network of road tunnels beneath Madrid (Spain). I wouldn't recommend relying on your GPS though because, in typical Spanish stylie, there are no repeater stations throughout the network, and the actual road signs are confusing to say the least :D

• Like 1

I think he wants this done by the end of the year. You better have deep pockets and get your butt in gear. 

• 3 weeks later...

i hope he'll build underground road faster than mta build 2nd ave train line, they just finished, 3 stations out of 16, it only took them 90+ years.

Edited by aztek