Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Accomplishments of Trumps First 100 Days

Einsteinium

2 minutes ago, rashore said:

Well you should know about it being a hoax. I just provided you with the facts on that. And it's always wise to fact check any news or reports because there's a lot of inaccurate or purely hoaxed stuff out there. Trump did accomplish other things in his first 100 days, but the removal of Islamic symbols and practices from the white house wasn't one of them.

And yes, I do know about the quiet room at the UN. It was created 60 years ago by a Christian gentleman so that people of all spiritual notions or faiths could enjoy meditation or prayer there.

I disagree with you . I don't take those links you provided as any fact of anything.

eta

Look, we know what we had in the white house let's be real.

eta again

are you referring to  the long black stone in the room?

Edited by Ellapennella

11 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

That was a cryptic forecast, care to expound?

Not really :)

I really don't care too much about the first 100 days.   I assumed there would be some hurt feelings on both sides.  What I liked about Trump was that he was hated by both sides

17 minutes ago, rashore said:

Well you should know about it being a hoax. I just provided you with the facts on that. And it's always wise to fact check any news or reports because there's a lot of inaccurate or purely hoaxed stuff out there. Trump did accomplish other things in his first 100 days, but the removal of Islamic symbols and practices from the white house wasn't one of them.

And yes, I do know about the quiet room at the UN. It was created 60 years ago by a Christian gentleman so that people of all spiritual notions or faiths could enjoy meditation or prayer there.

Thanks for the fact check on this.

I am appalled by the number of people who find symbols from other cultures somehow threatening to them.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

GOP lawmakers defend Trump military rules of engagement

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/326212-gop-lawmakers-defend-trump-military-rules-of-engagement

So President Trump has made more changes . He has abolished the deadly restrictions that Barrack had placed on our American soldiers whereas they could not fire unless they were fired upon first, who was Barack accommodating ?

Uhm, this is a direct quote from the article you linked to here, "The Pentagon insisted Monday the rules of engagement have not changed."

So no, Trump has not changed this according to the Pentagon. He is currently, 'reviewing' the rules of engagement but has not yet made any changes. This is according to the Pentagon. They could be lying of course.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, rashore said:

Interesting update.. Trump made an ad about this..

I just burst out laughing sitting at my desk at work as I watched this propaganda.

• Like 1

Hrm, the first version/edition of the ad has already been pulled. Here's another one.

• Like 1

This budget deal just kills it for me.

I don't care what excuses they come up with, Trump will have to earn my respect back after this debacle'. 

3 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

This budget deal just kills it for me.

I don't care what excuses they come up with, Trump will have to earn my respect back after this debacle'. 

In Trump's defense- It's congress that deals with the budget.

On 5/1/2017 at 10:53 PM, Ellapennella said:

I disagree with you . I don't take those links you provided as any fact of anything.

eta

Look, we know what we had in the white house let's be real.

Jim Mergernerlerny?  Really?

Trump has certainly succeeded in making the South Koreans unhappy.  But then, he has cozied up to the Philippine monster and the same in Turkey.  He seems to like dictators.

On 4/30/2017 at 10:59 AM, Farmer77 said:

Trump has accomplished a few things. The one real positive he can hang is hat on is  Gorsuch getting in with the supremes. The rest is much more subjective ; Illegal immigration is down, he did pull out of TPP , he is helping corporations (not a positive IMO but his supporters will think so), he has repealed environmental protections (a horrible thing but again his supporters will like it) he is trying to take away national monuments so corporations can exploit them (ditto my above opinion). 

Of course those pale in comparison to his myriad of failures and embarrassments. 

Trump appointed Gorsuch, but the Republicans had to use the nuclear option to actually get him in.   Was that an accomplishment?   I don't think so.  Even if one thinks it is, it wasn't Trump's accomplishment.  

• Like 1

On 4/30/2017 at 8:13 PM, and then said:

Hope springs eternal... but I was responding specifically to farmer77 - "lay out for us what it is he has done for the nation thus far".   :)   Seriously, I voted for Trump for no other reason than to accomplish THAT specific goal and no matter what happens going forward, I will accept it in stride because it is bound to be less destructive to my personal liberty than she would have been.  I don't expect Trump to accomplish most of what he campaigned on but I realize now just how deep and wide the L/R schism in our country and this 4 years is going to be a time of, shall we say, preparation for what is next.

No matter what happens???   Jeezus.

On a thread about Trump's accomplishments of his first 100 days, you ignore that to wax on about the elections last year again instead.    That was almost 100 days before his first 100 days, but apparently still quite the popular excuse on this website, cheap as it is.

I'll weigh in with some positives imo:

He appointed Gorsuch,

He's better on guns,

He's better on illegal immigration,

Probably better on Russia (speculating Hillary might not even talk to Putin).

I'm surely missing something else that's good about him.   But just about all the rest, he's a major disappointment.  He's even worse than I feared he was last year.   On many issues I don't see a basis for thinking that he's better than Clinton would have been either.   And as bad as Hillary Clinton is, yes that's some very harsh criticism.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Yamato said:

I'm surely missing something else that's good about him.  

The laughs ... flat out, rolling on the floor, belly aching yuuuuge out loud laughs ...

:yes:

~

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Yamato said:

No matter what happens???   Jeezus.

On a thread about Trump's accomplishments of his first 100 days, you ignore that to wax on about the elections last year again instead.    That was almost 100 days before his first 100 days, but apparently still quite the popular excuse on this website, cheap as it is.

I'll weigh in with some positives imo:

He appointed Gorsuch,

He's better on guns,

He's better on illegal immigration,

Probably better on Russia (speculating Hillary might not even talk to Putin).

I'm surely missing something else that's good about him.   But just about all the rest, he's a major disappointment.  He's even worse than I feared he was last year.   On many issues I don't see a basis for thinking that he's better than Clinton would have been either.   And as bad as Hillary Clinton is, yes that's some very harsh criticism.

Coming from you Yamato, yes that is some heavy severe criticism. I agree with you.

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 8:53 AM, Ellapennella said:

Ell it was a fake story. This is not up for debate. That's a fact. No big deal.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

An update to the Trumpsters first 100 days comes in the form of a temporary Win for the administration. The supreme court will allow parts of the travel ban to go  into effect until it can hear arguments in the fall 

High Court reinstates Trump travel ban, will hear arguments

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

Seems like a common sense compromise until the court can hear the arguments: 

The court is allowing the ban to go into effect for foreign nationals who lack any "bona fide relationship with any person or entity in the United States." The court, in an unsigned opinion, left the travel ban against citizens of six majority-Muslim on hold as applied to non-citizens with relationships with persons or entities in the United States, which includes most of the plaintiffs in both cases.

Supreme Court allows parts of travel ban to go into effect 

On 4/30/2017 at 1:32 PM, .ZZ. said:

If he walked on water his critics would say he can't swim.

As opposed to the Fraud 2009-2017, who could do nothing wrong, and did only wrong for America, and the mindless leftists would vote for their god again if they could.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2017 at 8:22 AM, Einsteinium said:

Who cares about this? I mean honestly why should I care about this?

There should be no religious symbols in government period. This is a secular nation founded as such with the intention of religious freedom for all, including Muslims. 99% of Muslims do not want to blow us up, just like 99% of white nationalists don't want to blow us up but then you have people like Timothy McVeigh who come along and do just that. Islam is not the problem, extremism is.

Another opportunity to break out the Goldwater quote from his 1964 acceptation speech: "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."

• Like 2